HWBOT Community Forums

Official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2018 Thread

Leeghoofd

we dont have to bring in others to do what we do to win or come a place in a comp , we dont play the game that way, we do it the right way, makes me sick actually, that some teams just cant be themselves and work hard for the result cpz you're that fragile, pretty sad, this is how we do it, you wanna get some of it into yas and get some balls

thx for the comp anyway you guys in bot and all your work involved

Edited by ozzie
  • Like 1

@Leeghoofd

Since some members of our team have created another team after the end of the Team Cup, in the CUP the ranking of the various rounds has changed. In previous competitions it never happened or at least I do not remember it. Also I saw that there are some scores that do not respect the rules of the competition like my ddr1 max freq .. You are still checking, right?

I honestly believe that in the future, team switching just for the team cup should really be disallowed, this isn't anything to do with the result of our team in the cup but just an observation I made during the comp.

If you join a team just for the comp and leave immediately after then you never really were part of the team. There should be some kind of cut off point before and after the comp. I understand this could still easily be abused but it would help keep it more of a true "team" experience.

• Like 3

• Members
5 minutes ago, ObscureParadox said:

I honestly believe that in the future, team switching just for the team cup should really be disallowed, this isn't anything to do with the result of our team in the cup but just an observation I made during the comp.

If you join a team just for the comp and leave immediately after then you never really were part of the team. There should be some kind of cut off point before and after the comp. I understand this could still easily be abused but it would help keep it more of a true "team" experience.

+1

17 minutes ago, ObscureParadox said:

First of all , I wont say , that i disagree with you.

But 

if someone with his own free will , decides he wants to join a team (even for a single competition only) , it's his right to do so.

lets also see an other aspect (less common)

Could a team of two , participate in this team cup ? NO

Should we "blame" them for joining a team to participate and leave right after the end of competition ?

I dont say , that's the case here , dont get me wrong.

• Thanks 6

• Crew

I have no issue with people jpining forces... but it must be done before the compo starts and no swapping while the compo is still running. Also don't rejoin your previous team or whatever straight after it ended. (if this should mess up the rankings)

I've done quickly moderation, if there are still flaws or stuff you spotted, plz pm me or report

Edited by Leeghoofd

3 hours ago, Noxinite said:

Thanks for organising the comp Leeghoofd! Was a lot of fun, even if I didn't manage to successfully volt mod anything for it. XD

Shoutout to r/OC for coming 2nd and beating us in DDR3 and DDR4!

Cheers, and grats on the well-deserved win.  We'll get you next year :P

Edited by mickulty
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

I have no issue with people jpining forces... but it must be done before the compo starts and no swapping while the compo is still running. Also don't rejoin your previous team or whatever straight after it ended. (if this should mess up the rankings)

I've done quickly moderation, if there are still flaws or stuff you spotted, plz pm me or report

Sure so kinda have it like they do in football, if you switch after the cup has started then you can only contribute to the league and not the Cups. Or just set some kind of transfer deadline and ban. So two weeks before the comp starts being the transfer deadline and you can't switch again thereafter for another couple of months or something.

Or if we want to go real football style, reopen the transfer window in January? ;)

3 hours ago, ObscureParadox said:

In my case, my team had 3 members and Im the only active one :D so I joined a team where I have the most friends that bench not because I thought they would win.

In the future why not allow a single user to sub more than one stage? Or maybe I just shouldn't have been allowed to participate because my old team was 3 guys?

1 minute ago, ObscureParadox said:

Sure so kinda have it like they do in football, if you switch after the cup has started then you can only contribute to the league and not the Cups. Or just set some kind of transfer deadline and ban. So two weeks before the comp starts being the transfer deadline and you can't switch again thereafter for another couple of months or something.

Or if we want to go real football style, reopen the transfer window in January? ;)

This would not have to apply to new members though. Say if you joined hwbot in the middle of the team cup, you still should be able to join a team. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Splave said:

In my case, my team had 3 members and Im the only active one :D so I joined a team where I have the most friends that bench not because I thought they would win.

In the future why not allow a single user to sub more than one stage? Or maybe I just shouldn't have been allowed to participate because my old team was 3 guys?

Why don't we all just join the same team ? then we all are winners right?

• Thanks 1

• Crew
2 minutes ago, Splave said:

Darn you are so close to the truth little grashopper

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Splave said:

Yeah that's completely fine :) Again it's a real tough situation for the guys with only 3 members etc, I just see this as being a way that people could easily manipulate their leaderboard rankings by only submitting a score in each "DDR catagory" without them really contributing to the final score. They would still get the full points for the stage and overall win.

I do want to reiterate that this conversation was never meant to be against yourself, Tagg or anyone else that might have moved before or during the comp, it was just a thought I had about potential points manipulation is all.

I think that being able to join a team specifically for the comp is a great thing for those on smaller teams. Coming from a team that had a few people do just that I see nothing wrong with it. They definitely contributed and helped us achieve second but I don't feel that they're the reason for our ranking. If they had been the only ones to sub we would've ranked much lower. It was a combined effort of the whole team. I'm also for allowing new members to join a team mid comp, there's no reason not to allow this, and not just because it helps our team a lot. (definitely recruited a 2x titan x pascal system from reddit with 36 hours to go on the comp, among other hw nobody wanted to buy throughout the comp)

I think that encouraging participation in comps in any way as long as validation rules and such are followed is always a good thing and will only help to grow the community.

14 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

Would still have the issue of me getting my friend, neighbour and cousin twice removed submitting :D

If your friend joins half way through that's fine. Loads of people sub 1 score then leave. Should there score not count towards the top team points because they only subbed 1 score to the team as well? 

3 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

I agree with this.

As for new joins, their new doesn't matter.

5 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

One problem with doing this is it screws up your own scoring, unless they finally fixed that.  Competition points you acquired with that team go poof if you leave the team a few weeks later - they wind up becoming whatever the new team you're part of was ranked at, instead of what you earned.  So just something to keep in mind.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

One problem with doing this is it screws up your own scoring, unless they finally fixed that.  Competition points you acquired with that team go poof if you leave the team a few weeks later - they wind up becoming whatever the new team you're part of was ranked at, instead of what you earned.  So just something to keep in mind.

They don't because you only get points for the stages you submitted scores for. Say if your a noob and you join ocn half way through the team cup but you don't participate and ocn win, you don't suddenly have loads of points. 

If you join ocn and you sub to 10 stages you would get points for those 10 stages