HWBOT Community Forums

Official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2018 Thread

Leeghoofd

4 hours ago, Splave said:

In my case, my team had 3 members and Im the only active one :D so I joined a team where I have the most friends that bench not because I thought they would win.

In the future why not allow a single user to sub more than one stage? Or maybe I just shouldn't have been allowed to participate because my old team was 3 guys?

I'm pretty sure this was not towards to you Allen, you're still a overclock.net member and a well known and respected overclocker ;)

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

They don't because you only get points for the stages you submitted scores for. Say if your a noob and you join ocn half way through the team cup but you don't participate and ocn win, you don't suddenly have loads of points. 

If you join ocn and you sub to 10 stages you would get points for those 10 stages 

You do know I'm talking from experience right?  A few weeks after Team Cup 2017 ended, I left OCN's team...  And with that LOST over 100 competition points from the three stages I had participated in.  Hence why the warning - they don't lock in like individual competition points do.  I went from several 40+ points per stage... To just a few from each.  And that happened for a few of the team events I had participated in.  The RoG one also saw a similar pattern for competition points.

You can potentially qualify for rewards (if whoever is calling the shot for the team says you can), but unless HWBot has changed it so that team contribution based competitions have their points locked in afterwards, you might be in for a nasty surprise if you're trying to be competitive with others ranking-wise, or even just trying to pursue a personal goal like building up to a specific ranking in your country, for example.

• Like 1

I state: I'm not check all submissions. only those with special requests.

https://hwbot.org/submission/3930993_12ax7_3dmark___fire_strike_uhd_graphics_630_(mobile)_1007_marks - missing futuremark validation link

https://hwbot.org/submission/3936840_martin_white_3dmark___fire_strike_hd_graphics_530_1283_marks missing futuremark validation link

https://hwbot.org/submission/3971197_antoniskots_3dmark11___extreme_radeon_r9_290_6082_marks missing futuremark validation link

SC1: DDR1 - Memory Frequency, subs without picture of the used modules

https://hwbot.org/submission/3961270_ - my score for comparison

http://hwbot.org/submission/3971193_ - this sub of Gigioracing is 100%  ok but removed, why?

https://hwbot.org/submission/3933995_martin_white_memory_frequency_ddr_sd_ram_201_mhz

http://hwbot.org/submission/3970537

http://hwbot.org/submission/3922466

If these results are ok, please also restore mine. That of @gigioracing must be restored regardless of why it has everything required.

Edited by GRIFF
  • Thanks 1

If you need help checking for other results I'm here and I can help.

Without detailed verification the results of the competition are questionable.

I personally do not have any with anyone, but I am against injustice towards our team only.

Edited by GRIFF

• Crew

Thx forgot about the memory piccie,

Gigioracing missed the SPD tab in the screenshot and weirdly some subs must have duplicate ones apparently as I was sure I removed all non FM link subs... but these are removed too now. recalculating once gain

Edited by Leeghoofd

Thanks to Leeg for all the effort of being a 1 man army organizing and moderating this huge comp!

Not sure what the fuss is about people switching teams. I would rather see people switch teams and bench and have fun, instead of not participating because they are on a small and/or inactive team.

Can't speak of other teams but the only person I know of who joined OCN specifically for team cup was @Splave and he already stated his reasons why. Now I'm hoping he had enough fun participating in Team Cup that he decides to stay :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Crew
52 minutes ago, bigblock990 said:

Thanks to Leeg for all the effort of being a 1 man army organizing and moderating this huge comp!

Not sure what the fuss is about people switching teams. I would rather see people switch teams and bench and have fun, instead of not participating because they are on a small and/or inactive team.

Can't speak of other teams but the only person I know of who joined OCN specifically for team cup was @Splave and he already stated his reasons why. Now I'm hoping he had enough fun participating in Team Cup that he decides to stay :)

Agreed, Leeg has done an amazing job here.

I joined r/overclocking just for TC for pretty much the same reason as Splave did for OCN, my usual team is somewhat small, I had alot of fun in this comp and really isn't that why we do this?

When I go back to my normal team I fully expect to lose comp points (as I should) and I'm ok with that, didn't do it for the points, just to have fun and take part :D

• Like 5

• Members
19 minutes ago, Bilko said:

When I go back to my normal team I fully expect to lose comp points (as I should) and I'm ok with that, didn't do it for the points, just to have fun and take part :D

I think that's kind of the point :P It can boost points for members of teams thanks to non actual team members.

22 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

I think that's kind of the point :P It can boost points for members of teams thanks to non actual team members.

It'll probably recalculate and lose us points too, leaving us below what we'd have had if other team members had filled in instead.  It's not about esports points though, it's about the spirit of it and what we can do as a community without excluding people who also have their own projects.  I'm proud of the openness of /r/oc and really glad we didn't have to leave people in the cold just because they aren't always giving us team points.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bilko said:

I joined r/overclocking just for TC for pretty much the same reason as Splave did for OCN, my usual team is somewhat small, I had alot of fun in this comp and really isn't that why we do this?:D

Yeah right O.o Call the Australian Team small bahaha ... One of the strongest extreme LN2 teams out there. I've never underestimated these guys.

If you " all " ever decided to get off your lazy butt's xD & bench more than x1 a year. Australian OC would smash every competition in sight. 

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, Splave said:

In my case, my team had 3 members and Im the only active one :D so I joined a team where I have the most friends that bench not because I thought they would win.

Dude come over to Warp9 for next year ... we are all your friends :D

1 hour ago, avalanche said:

Yeah right O.o Call the Australian Team small bahaha ... One of the strongest extreme LN2 teams out there. I've never underestimated these guys.

If you " all " ever decided to get off your lazy butt's xD & bench more than x1 a year. Australian OC would smash every competition in sight. 

So Wrong Shane...

Bilko's team is not Australia OC .His Team is AMD Red Team

14 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

You do know I'm talking from experience right?  A few weeks after Team Cup 2017 ended, I left OCN's team...  And with that LOST over 100 competition points from the three stages I had participated in.  Hence why the warning - they don't lock in like individual competition points do.  I went from several 40+ points per stage... To just a few from each.  And that happened for a few of the team events I had participated in.  The RoG one also saw a similar pattern for competition points.

You can potentially qualify for rewards (if whoever is calling the shot for the team says you can), but unless HWBot has changed it so that team contribution based competitions have their points locked in afterwards, you might be in for a nasty surprise if you're trying to be competitive with others ranking-wise, or even just trying to pursue a personal goal like building up to a specific ranking in your country, for example.

You should have gone to 0  competition point in that case because you didn't participate for the new team at all XD

Edited by Jumper118

• Crew
6 hours ago, avalanche said:

... and when did he do that xD fuKKa's like nomads ... tether you to a bench I would

Sometime in 2015 I created the team, left due to a conflict with work and rejoined sometime late 2017.
Anything else you'd like to know? :)

• Like 1

Guys a legend. He has the magic fingers on the rams :D

... " Interested dudes "  If your keen on joining Warp9 team all you've have to do is contact Mr Scott. We all get on fine & it's a good bunch of benchers.

This team swapping thing ... you've all been discussing. I know some guys will join other teams when their own team is doing very little.

So there's some fun banter & excitement + we all like to be told we done a great score. 

Remember this is about having fun. When it becomes a choir ... hang up your OC boots. It's always been about contributing as you like :)

Guys, I'll thrown in on the subject of swapping teams.

Some have said it was done because their teams were either small or inactive, I'm not going to say those aren't good reasons nor can say if it's right or wrong (Pass judgement).

I am an example of someone that was on a team that was both, small and inactive yet last year I benched in both TC and CC on my own inspite of it. Did rather well considering all things and even won a prize from the CC part of it in the end.

Didn't have to change teams, I just did it.

If someone is really determined to bench they will do what I did, bench regardless and just enjoy the competition. No you won't be in the running to actually win the comp but in my case it was to see how competitive I could be on my own, that is to say "Gauge" how well I was doing vs everyone else and that is certainly a way to see how well you're doing if anything.

However I will say it does change the dynamic of a team's makeup and overall results because it most certainly will.

~End ✌️ cents worth for whatever it's worth if anything to anyone.~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1