HWBOT Community Forums

Why is the 1070ti allowed in Division V?

Hi,

With the 1070, 1080 and Vega 56 banned I'm not sure I get why the 1070ti is allowed:

The following graphics cards are not allowed: GeForce GTX Titan, GeForce GTX Titan Black Edition, GeForce GTX Titan X, Titan X Pascal, Titan Xp, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1080 (Notebook, MXM), GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1070 (Notebook, MXM), Radeon R9 Fury, Radeon R9 Fury X, Radeon R9 Nano, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, Radeon RX Vega 56, Radeon RX Vega 64, Titan V

.. I know it's quite late in the competition now but can we at least get this fixed for round 3?

Edited by unityofsaints

But to comply with the equality in the competition, 1070Ti's results should be removed. Because the people who had 980Ti could not compete, and the 1070Ti's owners are laughing at them.
To left in the Div V results of the 2 participants will be unfair in relation to the remaining 14.

That is, your mistake, but 13 of the 16 participants who followed the rules, logic and spirit of the competition will be punished for it? They are in an uneven position with two who used a more powerful video card. Is this justice and equity for you, dear Leeghoofd?
If you want, I can tell you a good way out of a similar situation: the results of the 1070Ti should be deleted, and instead, these two participants will be given an additional week/month to submit a legal result.
Because, otherwise, this is a selective judging!
Many with their results were removed from the Div V Round 2, the same unityofsaints's gpu submissions were deleted, with which he would have taken a much higher place. But the submissions of violators of the rules remain in the Div V Round 2, such as paulolustosaha (no official background), Samsarulz and Johan45 (1070Ti's cheats). Is this a selective judging? Or what?

P.S.
Why do U mention NoMS in this topic? He used the legal hardware: he doesn't relate to the 1070Ti's cheats.

Edited by Anchoret

Ok. I got it!
As I have repeatedly drawn your attention to:

2 hours ago, Anchoret said:

But the submissions of violators of the rules remain in the Div V Round 2, such as paulolustosaha (no official background)

And U said:

1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

As said above the scores and ranking stays

Then I understand that Official background are no longer a mandatory requirement for participation in future competitions.
Thanks! It's a good news.