HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2018 - SC2: DDR2 thread.

GRIFF

• Crew

Well you are not the first one asking this, this could be valid for the last two stages that we can open it to single S771 too. (iniitally I wanted to avoid different sockets)

Maybe that could make some peeps happy. Let me make a poll and see what the outcome is. (tbh I don't like changing stuff during the competition, but it is early days:)

Poll thread is here: https://community.hwbot.org/topic/185231-xeon-s771-cpus-allowed-in-ddr2-for-stage-6-7/

Edited by Leeghoofd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

TAGG's score vs mllr's vs yours from OCN all show different settings on the links, not sure if that's what he means.

From looking at some other scores it looks like you ran at stock, but both TAGG and mllr changed settings, along with other users from other teams.

But I've never run 3dm11 physics so I could be wrong :)

@Leeghoofd

Edited by GeorgeStorm

the mandatory links display score is valid or default settings have been changed

then by comparing what is shown in the score details / settings details, you can see what was changed apparently.

i assumed the benchrun had all to run @ preset except tesselation and LOD, but I see that anisotropy and display resolution may have been changed (1280 x 720 seems default but you see 1280 x 960, 640 x 480, 1024 x 600). not sure if that concerns graphic benchmarks only or the physics as well ?

if an admin can clarify what is legit or not before I rebench...

thanks

for instance, not linking anyone specifically

---------------------------------------------------

Default settings used

No

Screen width

Screen height

MSAA sample count

Texture filtering mode

Trilinear

Max anisotropy

-----------------------------------------------

Default settings used

No

Screen width

Screen height

MSAA sample count

Texture filtering mode

Trilinear

Max anisotropy

Edited by bolc

There are no rules which state how this bench must be run, none that I have seen.  I tried all the presets and I toggled many of the different settings which are available...all made literally no difference.  I didn't find any of those settings which changed the benchmark result more than 1 or 2 points (which is the same variance you can get run to run anyway). 

Perhaps on a different generation platform the presets/settings would make a difference, but on 775 there was no gain for me.  Maybe we need to clarify the rules and specify how this should be run...

• Thanks 4

• 4 weeks later...

I ask for help. All competitors who use 6800GS cards - compare a rivatuner and GPU-Z GPU detection, please. According to my experience GPU-Z detect all NV42 GPUs as NV41 and riva shows the right info. It makes problems with NV41 and NV42 categories splitting.

It will be good if you can add a photo of your GPU too.