Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums
Strunkenbold

Frequency detection bug with old Socket 5 CPUs

Recommended Posts

@max1024, now we're talking! Nice point and I agree with this.

8 hours ago, max1024 said:

but I would like it to be independent people who are not in any teams. Either they are, but do not have any complaints from all users.

Unreal 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 12:24 PM, Strunkenbold said:

A rule of this years old school competition was to show the CPU with the used motherboard because there are lot of CPU pictures in the internet. So those pictures become a little bit more unique.

Slot A CPUs also have a sticker on the backside of the PCB. Even though I currently dont remember if its about the core or the model name or both.

Slot-A cpu's are a bit more complicated (regarding picture verification).

Yes , they have a sticker at the backside of their pcb , which contains useful info in the form of a serial number (which can be decoded).

That S/N must be the exact same printed on top of their plastic cartridge.

But at the same time , there has to be a core picture also (from the front side of the pcb) to verify the exact core used by AMD (cause AMD did some "magic" back then).

 

That procedure can not be asked from a regular user.

Only experienced members with cpu's cracked open can provide all these verification info.

 

That's why i had to question some of GRIFF's results in this year OSIBS.

Too good cpu results , with not all verification elements available (when asked).

Meaning , that he provided some of the verification pictures mentioned above , but never the front side of the cpu (at the same time).

.-

 

Now regarding the general idea of this conversation.

We can all agree that each one of us can help the moderating team , by simply adding extra info (when needed) either by adding extra photo's and proof or by writing down info at the text area.

We must do our best to keep the rules at all time.

It'a a matter of goodwill.

 

... and Gregor , dont leave your post.

We need you here !!!

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Antinomy said:

@max1024, now we're talking! Nice point and I agree with this.

Unreal 🤣

I have never been afraid to come out in the open and state what I am thinking.

Well folks, I am 110% positive that Alby, being leader of Madshrimps of Belgium, would and will not EVER favor himself or his Team members, over his role as moderator. NEVER.

Sure it would be nice to have independent moderation.

But it is not the moderators nor the crew that is to blame for the difficult times we are going thru.

Leaving aside the global downturn of interest regarding the OC hobby, I will state one thing that I have in my mind for months and I did not dare to put it in writing.

it might cost me a permanent ban from the forums, the post might be deleted, but whatever it is, here goes :

We have a saying in our country that I will try to paraphrase in the best possible way - BAD fish smells ( stinks ) from the head.

Mr. Frederic Collardyn, sir, with all due respect as person to person, you may own this site, but you are not qualified to manage it. Why ?

1) You do not have any real "touch" with the inner passion and feeling of computer hardware overclocking and what it means to us.

2) You do not have the time to sit on top of things and be a leader

3) Your rankings algorithm is wrong. It is dead wrong and creates frustration, anxiety and maybe a bit of being let down, to multiple active users.

4) I know that things on the financial front are not very optimistic. There are solutions. Viable solutions. It is my line of business and expertise for more than 35 years that allows

me to say that in such a bold way. HWBOT needs funds - permanent monthly income - and restructuring funds to recover. Either you are in no position to know how to resource these

funds or you simply do not care.

5) PJ, websmile, Alby and others in the past, were NEAR ( right next to us ) 24/7. Giving solutions, making fun, stirring things up, KEEPING interest ALIVE.

I DO NOT WISH TO ELABORATE FURTHER.

Post is already long enough.

With sincere respect to all,

George

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude you've done some wonderful writing previous post for some days, then your on the criticism tact again I've seen in past years.

No good comes of it. Leave sleeping dogs lie.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/let_sleeping_dogs_lie

When someone does their best & things did not work or the outcome was not as expected. Do they deserve to be kicked?

____________

Let's move on shall we. Be positive instead that HWbot will forge ahead :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, avalanche said:

Dude you've done some wonderful writing previous post for some days, then your on the criticism tact again I've seen in past years.

No good comes of it. Leave sleeping dogs lie.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/let_sleeping_dogs_lie

When someone does their best & things did not work or the outcome was not as expected. Do they deserve to be kicked?

____________

Let's move on shall we. Be positive instead that HWbot will forge ahead :)

I am out of here.

Permanently.

This is no criticism of anything. This is an analysis ( fundamental analysis ) of the current state here.

I put my head on the line writing my post. And maybe it will be cut off.

You, on the other hand, are always optimistic, without any real basis to prove from where this optimism derives. Maybe you prefer - as you always state - to leave things as they are

and whatever happens.

Either way, for me, a person who has sworn to never bench again in my life, at least HERE, there is no difference whatever happens.

We had WONDERFUL YEARS HERE AT THE BOT, long time before you joined.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:29 AM, TASOS said:

But at the same time , there has to be a core picture also (from the front side of the pcb) to verify the exact core used by AMD (cause AMD did some "magic" back then).

 

That procedure can not be asked from a regular user.

Only experienced members with cpu's cracked open can provide all these verification info.

 

That's why i had to question some of GRIFF's results in this year OSIBS.

Too good cpu results , with not all verification elements available (when asked).

Meaning , that he provided some of the verification pictures mentioned above , but never the front side of the cpu (at the same time).

The cartridge is factory packaging! Today slot A is almost a collector's processor. And I for example would not have opened this processor for any reason. You forget that you can use "gold finger" and for its use it is not necessary to open the cartridge it is enough to carefully cut a piece of plastic in the right place. You're still sure that Orion and Pluto are different cores, I do not think so.

Edited by Gumanoid
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cutting the cartridge and opening the cartridge equals the same thing. Damaged factory packaging. Your point is irrelevant. You're just being difficult now.

Edited by Mr.Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 3:37 PM, Fasttrack said:

I am out of here.

Permanently.

This is no criticism of anything. This is an analysis ( fundamental analysis ) of the current state here.

I put my head on the line writing my post. And maybe it will be cut off.

You, on the other hand, are always optimistic, without any real basis to prove from where this optimism derives. Maybe you prefer - as you always state - to leave things as they are

and whatever happens.

Either way, for me, a person who has sworn to never bench again in my life, at least HERE, there is no difference whatever happens.

We had WONDERFUL YEARS HERE AT THE BOT, long time before you joined.

 

We have in house comps at W9. You are more than welcome to participate for the fun of it. No pressure, no points no BS. Just fun.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

We have in house comps at W9. You are more than welcome to participate for the fun of it. No pressure, no points no BS. Just fun.

 

Might really consider doing this :) I miss many many good old friends. Thanks man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×