HWBOT Community Forums

(SOLD) Golden ES Samsung DDR3

mllrkllr88

All 4 sticks up for sale are binned Kingston 2666c10 SPD from Splave's personal collection.  To my knowledge, Kingston never sold this kit in retail, but they do have serial numbers so I would consider them "non-retail".  Out of all the Sammy DDR3 I have ever tested, very few could even boot 2933c9 let alone be 32M stable (and some lowest passing voltage I have ever seen).  Each stick was tested in single mode in the outside black slot with a heatsink and fan.  They ship just as you see them...naked with no other packaging or documentation.

Stick 1:  $50 USD + Shipping (SOLD)
Stick 2:  $50 USD + Shipping (SOLD)
Stick 3:  $50 USD + Shipping (SOLD)
Stick 4:  $40 USD + Shipping (SOLD)

Stick #4 was close to 2933 32M.  I am sure it would pass with a little work, but I wanted to compare all to the same profile.

jHTlQOsh.jpg

AlyecPdh.jpg

jvh7OjUh.jpg

HNoPfzgh.png

Edited by mllrkllr88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AutisticChris said:

How does Samsung mem compare to CFR, PSC, or BBSE?

Assuming running all mem on cold, top bin.

Imho psc is better, especially with mem cold. However sammy can bench high mhz at non terrible timings. The idea is to run 2800-3000 at 9-12-12 or tighter. CFR is good for mhz but won't do sammy timings.

• Like 1

Also samsung is a lot less stress on the IMC, I have seen multiple Haswell chips fail 2666C8 PSC no matter what and run 2800+C9 Samsungs. Apart from Haswell, on Ivy one could give them a go too! Actually I'll just throw a pair of sammies next to a 3770k and see how far I get! The mems David is selling could be great fun to somebody, put a set of nice heatspreaders on them, let them be Galax ones maybe, imagine the ddr3 Galaxy chrome fancyness, or EK water/ln2 heatspreaders, make them look good, throw them into a good board (Giga Z97 LN2 for extra rarity) with a golden CPU and have epic good times. :)

• Like 1

The benching relevance is closer to PSC than you might think for 32M and better than PSC for certain things that scale with memory mhz. 

Take a look at the Haswell 5G tweaker challenge, it illustrates this perfectly: http://hwbot.org/competition/haswell_5g_tc/stage/2871_5g_superpi_32m  There you can see I am running Dice PSC 2720 7-11-7, I could have tweaked a bit more maybe but my effi was decent.  There are two people who beat my score by using air cooled Samsung memory.

Edited by mllrkllr88
  • Like 1