HWBOT Community Forums

2 hours ago, I.nfraR.ed said:

With the SuperTalent kit I can run same settings as on the 970A-UD3 and Crosshair III.

890FXA-UD5 is a little faster than the 970A, but nothing dramatic in terms of eff. Mem overclock is a little harder on both CH3 and UD5.

No way I can drop off 10 seconds with just a board/bios change.

Plus I can't even beat my old 4G score, where I didn't even tried hard: http://hwbot.org/submission/2990939_i.nfrar.ed_superpi___32m_phenom_ii_x4_965_be_16min_16sec_641ms

So you can't reproduce like you old results? Same OS and all? 

Edited by Bullant

10 hours ago, Bullant said:

So you can't reproduce like you old results? Same OS and all? 

OS is the same, but new installation, maybe not set up correctly.

Managed to kind of match the old result with CH3, but only on higher HTRef, not sure what's up.

890FXA-UD5 with the same 555 doesn't want to boot mem higher than 1664 (overclocking failed, FSB back to 200), no matter timings, dividers and voltages. Tried all bioses, have to try with another CPU where it was working before. If I drop the mem divider at say 235 FSB, thus lowering the mem freq it boots.

This CPU can do 966 6-6-6-18.

screen000.jpg

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

970A-UD3 seems a little faster. The CH3 with that bios is much slower at 235MHz FSB and 1:4 divider.

Waiting for newer revision 890FXA-UD5 and rev1.1 990FXA-UD3. Meanwhile I might play with 1090T + PSC/BBSE.

screen001.jpg

screen002.jpg

• Like 2