HWBOT Community Forums

ShaggySVK - Core i7 Extreme 990X @ 5723MHz - 1326 cb Cinebench - R15

ground

• 3 months later...
On 9/17/2018 at 5:56 PM, ground1556 said:

Nice score! How is that CPU at ambient? Also max BCLK?

I've got back to the CPU recently. It does 4.7Ghz, 1.416v(real voltage) with Air cooling (Noctua U12S). Max BCLK was around 220Mhz with R II E, im not that experienced with X58 thou, so its possible it would go a bit further.

6 minutes ago, ShaggySVK said:

I've got back to the CPU recently. It does 4.7Ghz, 1.416v(real voltage) with Air cooling (Noctua U12S). Max BCLK was around 220Mhz with R II E, im not that experienced with X58 thou, so its possible it would go a bit further.

Yeah 4.7 at 1.4-ish is nice. If you wanna try max bclk you need to up pcie (118 should be the max bootable on the RIIE in my experience). Without touching that anything beyond 222 is odd. If that still limits BCLK at 260-ish (note that everything above that is pretty good - under 10% of my tested CPUs managed it at ambient) Setfsb with the ICS9LPRS916JGLF is your friend. Bottom slider is for pcie, top for bclk.

Edited by ground1556

Just now, ground1556 said:

Yeah 4.7 at 1.4-ish is nice. If you wanna try max bclk you need to up pcie (118 should be the max bootable on the RIIE in my experience). Without touching that anything beyond 222 is odd. If that still limits BCLK at 260-ish Setfsb with the ICS9LPRS916JGLF is your friend. Bottom slider is for pcie, top for bclk.

Cool, thank you very much for the advice, will give it a try tomorrow :)