HWBOT Community Forums

TAGG - Athlon II X4 645T (Zosma) @ 4500MHz - 6.39 points Cinebench - R11.5

unityofsaints

3 hours ago, TAGG said:

My chips are cursed the other chip allso has a bad core :(

Don't feel so bad. My binning of 840t says that only about 50% of zosma have 6 working cores (this is after 20+ chips), also 100% of my athlon II 640's were utter garbage. The 2 out of 3 that unlocked to 6 only clocked to 3.6 ghz at 1.65v on ss. Binning results here

• Thanks 1

Omg.. 3.6 ghz @ 1.65v with ss is really terrifiing. :/  It's strange how bad Athlon's You can find. I've tested some Semprons unlocked to 2 core and all of them was much better overclockable than Athlons. However seems they are made from something comparable architecture. 

22 minutes ago, Alpi said:

Omg.. 3.6 ghz @ 1.65v with ss is really terrifiing. :/  It's strange how bad Athlon's You can find. I've tested some Semprons unlocked to 2 core and all of them was much better overclockable than Athlons. However seems they are made from something comparable architecture. 

Yeah seems that zosma Athlons are the binning rejects out of the the binning rejects. I wonder how much cache influences the weakness of the cores as normally there is no l3 cache active on the 640s however it gets unlocked when I unlock the cores up to 6. I still have a few more on the way and hopefully there is a decent on otherwise our third score for that stage may be on a quad.

7 minutes ago, Alpi said:

Pretty strange, I mean usually ppl like those boards. Last year was a round with Am2 cpus, a lot of submission was made with 790x-ud 's. But ok, anything can happen under cold. :/ I haven't got any experience with ln2. 

My experience with UD4P has been that it's a god tier board for am2 cpus (min did 420+ bclk ez on aio) but on AM3 cpus it isn't so good (struggled with 300 bclk on ss, my cvf is much better than that)

• Like 1