HWBOT Community Forums

GALAX GOC 2018 online qualifier thread

Leeghoofd

• Crew

The online qualifier is open to all HWBOT members and will be hosted on OC-ESPORTS by HWBOT from October 15th to November 17th. The contest will involve the following stages:

Contest Stages:

• Stage 1: SuperPI 32m (GPU any Galax videocard)
  • Stage 2: Memory Frequency (GPU any Galax video card)
  • Stage 3: GPUPI-1B version 3.2 or below
  • Stage 4: 3DMark TimeSpy Extreme, FULL RUN
  • Stage 5: 3DMark TimeSpy, FULL RUN

To enter the competition, simply submit your best benchmark scores on the contest page. The twelve contestants with the highest overall points will each win a ticket to the GALAX GOC 2018 Grand Final live event in China ( date to be confirmed)

Note:

In case of an overall tie, 3DMark Time spy is the first tie-breaker followed by Memory Frequency.

Points Calculation for each Benchmark:

The top score to the lowest score will receive 50, 48, 46, 44, 42, 40, 38, 36, 34, 32, 30, 28 and so on

Five benchmarks total = 250 points

General Rules

• Timespy Version 2.6.6174 or newer of ULk & SystemInfo 5.13 or newer released on or after Oct 12, 2018
  • Any VGA drivers released on or after Oct 11, 2018
  • System Hardware Monitoring must be enabled for all 3D benchmarks
  • Bios must be officially available to public. No special bios is allowed
  • Screenshot must be made with GOC wallpaper, GPUz, CPUz, Memory, SPD tabs  (for GPUPÏ and TS(E) scores include GPUz sensor plz)
  • Any brands of motherboard are allowed
  • Retail hardware only. No engineering samples allowed
  • Official receipt of Galax HOF OC Lab 2080ti and Galax HOF OC Lab DDR4 4600 CL19 purchases must be submitted to HWbot upon request
  • All benchmark scores must be validated & confirmed by HWBOT
  • Basic contest rules will follow that of the HWbot’s Standard Competition Rules
  • Galax staff are not allowed to join this competition
  • use Competition background

Hardware Restrictions

• Galax HOF OC Lab Edition 2080ti, single card only for GPUPi benchmark and 3D Timespy (Extreme)
  • Any other Galax videocard is allowed for SuperPi32m and memory frequency stage
  • Galax HOF OC Lab Edition DDR4 4600 CL 19 only
  • Intel Z370, Z270 or Z170 Platform only
  • CPU Intel 8086K or below
  • CPU and Uncore Freq. will be limited to 6GHz +/-10MHz
  • No limits on VGA /System Memory clocks
  • No limits on VGA or Memory cooling

You can learn more details about the rules and restrictions here on the OC-ESPORTS contest page:

https://oc-esports.io/#!/round/galax_goc18_qualifier

or

https://hwbot.org/competition/galax_goc18_qualifier

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Crew

Small update,

I talked to Pasi from UL,

usage of the latest Timespy version 2.6.6174 dating from October 8, 2018. Usage of the Systeminfo 5.13, dating from September 28, 2018

There might be an updated Systeminfo later down the road, but not for the upcoming weeks

Take note that all suspicious scores will be screened by the crew of UL Benchmarks via the datafile

Happy benching!

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1

Hi,

Just wanna ask about memory restrictions rule, which is "Galax HOF OC Lab Edition DDR4 4600 CL 19 only". So i assume with this rule, all submission to this competition must use the Galax HOF OC Lab Edition DDR4 4600 CL 19 only?

Or can I use another GALAX memory for 3D submmision?

- For 2D benchmarks can we use another brand / GALAX VGA? Like GT 730?!

- For TS & TSE is it total score / graphics score only? If graphics score only, can I run as a custom run?!

3 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Rules state:

Galax 4600CL19 and 2080 Ti as hardware restriction:  this means no other gpus or Galax memory versions, no matter the bench.

It is GPU score only so you can select custom, but no alteration in the benchmark settings.

Ah OK.
1 more question to making sure the things.., I must include GPUz window in 2D benchmark submission to verify we are using the Galax RTX 2080Ti ?!
Because i think there's no Windows XP driver for RTX at the moment (if someone use Windows XP capable boards for 2D benchmarks). Thus, GPUz will show Generic 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' detection.

Thanks for the answer. ??

I'm curious if anyone else has had their hardware delayed from Galax. Theres been some sort of production delay on my GPU pot, (GPU backplate as well, but obviously not necessary for benching). I spoke with Gary from Galax via email and he stated that if there's enough request by those affected that they would consider extending the contest deadline. Just looking to get a headcount on people who are still waiting on hardware.

Hi,

" Screenshot must contain CPU-Z CPU, memory and SPD tab and GPU-Z for 3D stages "
For 3D stage only main GPU-Z or also sensor TAB ?

On 10/22/2018 at 11:07 PM, The3DLink said:

I'm curious if anyone else has had their hardware delayed from Galax. Theres been some sort of production delay on my GPU pot, (GPU backplate as well, but obviously not necessary for benching). I spoke with Gary from Galax via email and he stated that if there's enough request by those affected that they would consider extending the contest deadline. Just looking to get a headcount on people who are still waiting on hardware.

I'm still waiting my pot and backplate to start benching... as I don't have any other galax video card.... 
I hope to get it soon, less than 10 day for this high level contest, with work, family... and as we all spent 2000$ on galax hardware I guess we all hope to have enough time to bench it properly.

By the way, the OCer who got practice in GALAX OC LAB are alowed to join the qualification ? are the qualified already for final ?

GL to everyone.

34 minutes ago, Wizerty said:

Hi,

" Screenshot must contain CPU-Z CPU, memory and SPD tab and GPU-Z for 3D stages "
For 3D stage only main GPU-Z or also sensor TAB ?

I'm still waiting my pot and backplate to start benching... as I don't have any other galax video card.... 
I hope to get it soon, less than 10 day for this high level contest, with work, family... and as we all spent 2000$ on galax hardware I guess we all hope to have enough time to bench it properly.

By the way, the OCer who got practice in GALAX OC LAB are alowed to join the qualification ? are the qualified already for final ?

GL to everyone.

Still waiting for GPU and Mems here :D 
I assume SPD should be shown on all stages as we got to use the same kit on all of them.

As far as I know, the only people that qualified are the winners from previous years + Rauf for winning the qualifier in 2017.

• Crew
2 hours ago, Bulshooter said:

On the e-sports site are the points 10-8-6-4-2 and on the competioton overview you have 50-48-46 etc what is the right pointsystem?

Should be 50-48-46 like previous years

For GPU-Z also include sensor tab for verification

I'll extend the qualifier one week

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, FireKillerGR said:

Still waiting for GPU and Mems here :D 
I assume SPD should be shown on all stages as we got to use the same kit on all of them.

As far as I know, the only people that qualified are the winners from previous years + Rauf for winning the qualifier in 2017.

I I think many people have bought more than two kits,Why limit their use?