HWBOT Community Forums

Country Cup 2018

zeropluszero

• Crew

Country Cup will happen... but no Aussie participation this year, IPs and accounts will be blocked... so no need for internal war

New rule to be added , only members who participated in Team Cup can submit to Country Cup....

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

• Crew
1 minute ago, Leeghoofd said:

Back on track, if you have inputs on what to bench, plz chime in... if its for another flame war one tip: download the GRINDER APP and post pictures ?

you guys have been doing a great job over the last years, except for 3d11 on vega, that sucked!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

Back on track, if you have inputs on what to bench, plz chime in... if its for another flame war one tip: download the GRINDER APP and post pictures ?

I think I can echo what most people said which is to mix up the hardware if possible, if only to negate the effect of people who found hw for last year being able to just dust it off and run a new bench.

That said, I also wouldn't mind a 6x GCN1 stage as well, my 8970 is chomping at the bit ?

Also as always I'd like to see an igp round, although pre-ddr4 and maybe pre-ddr3/no fm2/+ so that it's not a straight rehash of TC.

Only other thing I'd like to see personally is no titans, no 2011+ xeons, and no rtx 2000 series to keep the potential buy in price for stages from ballooning too much.

Edited by yosarianilives

1 minute ago, Leeghoofd said:

Consider it done, but on windows XP plz

Actually I've been meaning to try and get XP working on AM4, you can get PCIe sata+usb cards that claim to support XP so it should be possible, just got better things to do for the next month.

1 minute ago, jordan.hyde99 said:

y-Cruncher please. 

+1

More seriously, cheapaz-style stages would be cool - stuff that forces people to use crap hardware and mod it.  EG a 3D Dx11 stage (sky diver?) specifying a GPU that uses DDR3, a 2D stage specifying Intel G31 chipset, possibly another intel mobile stage like TC a few years ago.  A retro server/workstation hardware stage (or one where it's a viable option) would be good too - for example 3Dmark Vantage with the only restriction being that you have to use DDR2 for system memory could be really interesting.

Also pls no rtx