HWBOT Community Forums

Country Cup 2018

zeropluszero

12 hours ago, zeropluszero said:

Agree. 
Hwbot is about taking hw to its limit, not about limiting hw. 

bot is about allowing hardware for comps thats fair to all, and not limiting hardware at all, everyone in every comp takes their hardware to the limit, you think theyre here to put up stock subs for the comp theyre in??  they carefully look at what hardware to be fair to all, and as in this thread alby is asking what the suggestions are for what to get it all discussed and ready when decided on to be fair to all!!

Edited by Leeghoofd
parental advisory lyrics applied :p

15 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

my biggest concern is do we allow Titan/RTX series yes or no

Benefits of allowing Titan/RTX:

• Might get top global scores set in the comp
  • Won't have to put up with complaining from people who bought those cards and want to use them

Benefits of banning Titan/RTX:

• Incentive to still bench hard for countries that don't have people with >$1k hardware
  • Won't have to put up with complaining from people who didn't buy those cards and don't want to be disadvantaged

Neutral:

• Stages with newer midrange hardware would help fill out the database for those cards, but it'd also make them literally near-pointless to bench on ambient

I propose a compromise, have a full out 3D stage with any GPU allowed but make it something like Sky Diver where top cards won't really help, then everyone will complain ?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

I like this, although maybe leave it a bit more open and just do a bench limited to dual cores? That way if someone has for example pentium g3258 or i3 7100 they could still participate although the best combo would be 7350k+6320+6300, etc?

Hmm, possibly yeah!

2 hours ago, bigblock990 said:

Show X99 some love please :) 

Give me a reason to dust off the soc champ and 5960x

1 hour ago, yosarianilives said:

Give me a reason to buy a board for my 5960x, does 5.15 on SS with x99s sli plus so should be no slouch on ln2.

While we're asking for stages with stuff we have good hardware for, can I have an Atom 330 stage?  Maybe DDR4 limited to Micron ICs?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, zeropluszero said:

Welp, I'm out. 
Poor Des just wants to use that Z170 ln2 board he has. 

That one comes in box an retail accesories. I have 2 at home,not that difficult to find and not the best choice also  for that socket :)).

Problem is the z370 which you guys have,z270 and who knows how many binned ram/cpus. 

58 minutes ago, suzuki said:

Problem is the z370 which you guys have,z270 and who knows how many binned ram/cpus. 

Dude everyone has those parts. Thinking to have stages without them, will NOT lessen Australia's resolve. O.o