HWBOT Community Forums

Country Cup 2018

zeropluszero

15 hours ago, ginger_nuts81 said:

Any chance of maybe allowing ES hardware from previous generations/sockets?

Unless there is a clear advantage they offer, then it would be understanding.

More about this question, than direct response

My objection has always been the ES processors ... most cases better. But a better board ... meh negligible.

Leeghoofd is it open the floodgate for x1 exception this time?

I can see the z370 LN2 Gigabyte ... just did not make it to retail channels. Perhaps production was more $ then figured return.

Vote 1. :) I'd like to see what he can do with it.

________

The popular one for overclockers is the Apex anyway. It has the proven performance crown.

edit. Hmm now confusion. Previous post, is it older z170 model?

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, avalanche said:

More about this question, than direct response

My objection has always been the ES processors ... most cases better. But a better board ... meh negligible.

Leeghoofd is it open the floodgate for x1 exception this time?

I can see the z370 LN2 Gigabyte ... just did not make it to retail channels. Perhaps production was more $ then figured return.

Vote 1. :) I'd like to see what he can do with it.

________

The popular one for overclockers is the Apex anyway. It has the proven performance crown.

For recent gens actually retail cpu's have been best. 7740x was only exception where ES was better than retail. 7700k, 8700k, 8086k, 7980xe top chips all retail.

I agree with Leeg, no ES in comps. 

Edited by bigblock990

Just now, bigblock990 said:

For recent gens actually retail cpu's have been best. 7740x was only exception where ES was better than retail. 7700k, 8700k, 8086k, 7980xe top chips all retail.

IMHO no ES has had little to do with golden samples and much more to do with keeping sponsors out of the comp as much as possible. Of course a sponsor can still send a binned retail chip but at least no ES will keep some sponsorship out. I think that team USA is fully capable of winning without sponsors and I'd like to see other countries attempt the same.

5 minutes ago, bigblock990 said:

I agree with Leeg, no ES in comps. 

Yeah kind of. But Intel was holding out with the better processors for a long time. Oh please Anniversary 8086 model $100 more here. Haha clever value added.

Resistance is stiff Ginger busting out that board it seems ... moving along ¬¬

19 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

euh if we allow only retail hardware it means we don't allow usage of the heavily debated Z270/370LN2 boards right ? Or am I missing something here ?

Well if we cant use Z370 ln2 boards and Asrock havent put out any new MOCF boards for sale...Does MSI have an OC board?
I dont know of any other decent Z370 boards. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zeropluszero said:

Well if we cant use Z370 ln2 boards and Asrock havent put out any new MOCF boards for sale...Does MSI have an OC board?
I dont know of any other decent Z370 boards. 

I think you will manage,like the rest of the world :))).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, avalanche said:

Preference ... you see Gigabyte fanboi's. :D

Add a decent Asus is $500AU. You'll have to spend money Ginger

I'm no asus fanboi myself as 100% of their boards are chip murderers. However I would take an asus before I'd ever deal with a gigashite POS. Asus boards mostly do what they're told, giga boards just troll you and somehow have even worse qc than snsv (I didn't think it was possible).

9 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

I'm no asus fanboi myself as 100% of their boards are chip murderers. However I would take an asus before I'd ever deal with a gigashite POS. Asus boards mostly do what they're told, giga boards just troll you and somehow have even worse qc than snsv (I didn't think it was possible).

Well then if the Gigabyte boards kill processors ... that plays to your advantage. Australia will blow up processors & the rest of you can win. ✔️

Why not let Ginger run his dodgy board .. a ton of smoke & x1 overclocker you won't have to battle then

For those kiddies playing at home. Saturday 7am morning here in Australia & my sarcasm meter has exploded :D

Input the settings, then you own that result. No fault of hardware.

2 hours ago, avalanche said:

Well then if the Gigabyte boards kill processors ... that plays to your advantage. Australia will blow up processors & the rest of you can win. ✔️

Why not let Ginger run his dodgy board .. a ton of smoke & x1 overclocker you won't have to battle then

For those kiddies playing at home. Saturday 7am morning here in Australia & my sarcasm meter has exploded :D

Input the settings, then you own that result. No fault of hardware.

It's asus that kills chips, gigabyte boards are just unusable. That company can die in a fire and stop putting out boards for all I care. But Es should not be allowed plain and simple, ever. 

2 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

It's asus that kills chips, gigabyte boards are just unusable. That company can die in a fire and stop putting out boards for all I care. But Es should not be allowed plain and simple, ever. 

Dude you crack me up :) Gigabyte still a tier 1 manufacturer. Buying their products 30 years hardly a failure. Asus lately great boards since using z77 onwards.

No bad hardware, just bad end users, bad preparation, pushing too hard. 

i dont give a stuff what board you use or choose, youll have failures, same a s a car,  with this game you push hard youre sure to have a failure at some point, , user induced of course, but some are "so" 1 make orientated, they cant see the forest from the trees ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

Naw, gigabyte boards are known for outright trolling their users. But I also have yet to see an snsv board that wasn't a chip killer so I guess it's true what they say about hating every board that exists if you spend enough time with it for XOC :shrug:

soltek ftw

3 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

Naw, gigabyte boards are known for outright trolling their users. But I also have yet to see an snsv board that wasn't a chip killer so I guess it's true what they say about hating every board that exists if you spend enough time with it for XOC :shrug:

LoL Dude. Go outside & get some sunshine. Overclocking is clearly depleting your life force putting all that time/ effort in. :/

• 2 months later...

It's better if you try straight on win7 x64 or win 8.1 x64,you will have better results on sli cards. I tryed with my gtx 590 on xp64 and had 4000 points under my win7 x64b result.

If you still want to try out the xp64,i can supply you with a working tib,out of the box.

• Like 1