HWBOT Community Forums

The Official Country Cup 2018 thread

Leeghoofd

• Crew

lo all,

Team Cup is still in full motion however already time to focus on the last compo of the year: the Country Cup. Early announcement so you still have time to get the gear aligned..

This year countries will battle over 10 stages,  5 2D and 5 3D stages. CountryCup will start from the 4th of November and run till 31st of December.

Current selected benchmarks (stuff can still change ofc) for the stages are:

Stage1: X265 4K - 8 scores required over different sockets

Stage 2: CB R15/core - 8 scores required over different sockets

Stage 3: Max FSB/Bclock - 6 scores required over different sockets

Stage 4: AMD Superpi32M - 6 scores required over different sockets

Stage 5: GPUPI 1B with Single core CPU - 3 scores required over different sockets

Stage 6: Single card Dual GPU only 3DMark05 - 5 scores required over 5 different videocards (no Radeon Pro Duo or titan Z)

Stage 7: AMD CPU/GPU 3DMark01 - 5 scores required over different videocards (no Vega FE edition)

Stage 8: GPUPI 32B single AMD GPUs only - 5 scores required over different videocards (no Vega FE edition)

Stage 9: Night Raid IGPU - 5 scores required over different IGPUs (no VEGA M)

Stage 10: TimeSpy Extreme single nVidia GPU - 5 scores required over different videocard generations (No Titan V)

Country Cup is for retail hardware only! the validation and screenshots will be in line with the ongoing TeamCup ( so don't forget mobo tab and GPU-Z Sensor tab!)

For stage 9 and 10 a Futuremark verification link is required and must be VALID at UL website

There will two backgrounds this year, change of background will be announced 5 days ahead so you can still post all of your done scores.

New competition background available. Newscores need to submitted with it!!

COUNTRYCUP2.jpg

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

• Crew

Hardware spec list is not final, though there will be no speciific requirement for processor family or such as with TC2018. If we would allow server hardware I would add limitation to 32X cores max, but only single CPU.

Z170/270/370 is all the same LGA1151 socket in my book Daryl

• Thanks 2

I figured z170-390 would be classed the same. Great minds Alby cheers. 

I still feel the previous year rules of no server hardware is a good addition alongside no ES hardware. Takes that near impossible gear for most to attain out of the equation. 

Your call though dude, lovin’ this years setup and looking forward to joining in.  You’ve excelled mate. 

I know generally titan would/should not be allowed but for the 2gpu 1card stage would titan z be allowed as it's old enough to not be ridiculously expensive? Either way would be fine, but best to specify it now.

Also super stoked for all these stages. They all look super fun.

Edited by yosarianilives

1 minute ago, Mr.Scott said:

Depends on your definition of ridiculously expensive. It's still a $700 used card card all day long. 

Yes quite expensive, but then 1080ti has been allowed in comps before it started price dropping which is a $700 msrp. I would be fine with either determination but best to get it out of the way now.

43 minutes ago, suzuki said:

Who’s gonna be a good lad and compile a list of “optimal “ hardaware for each stage ? :D

13 minutes ago, Noxinite said:

Just ask r/OC they did it for Team Cup and found all the rare/silly exceptions. :P

/s

There's a team USA spreadsheet already but it's "classified" ?

Edited by yosarianilives
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Noxinite said:

Just ask r/OC they did it for Team Cup and found all the rare/silly exceptions. :P

/s

yeah like the all so amazing 9800 GT DDR2 (its actually worse then the 9600 GT)... :P 

Btw, any idea where the other Germans are organizing these? Barely know anyone in the German OC Community...

3 hours ago, ground1556 said:

yeah like the all so amazing 9800 GT DDR2 (its actually worse then the 9600 GT)... :P

oof

4 hours ago, Noxinite said:

/s

I do find it quite flattering that MLG borrowed our spreadsheet ?

• Like 1