HWBOT Community Forums

The Official Country Cup 2018 thread

Leeghoofd

I planned an operation around this whole thing, can you make it earlier instead of later? Cause I wont be lifting a Dewar after.

Make it Friday the 7th, and everyone will be happy.

otherwise, can someone fly to QLD and be my pour bitch 

Edited by KaRtA

Naw I like this change of background, sandbags are stupid. Tbh it'd be awesome if there could be a background change every day of the comp, but the overhead would be too much. Seriously guys, how hard is it to download the new background on the same laptop that you use for taking notes while benching? If you're not sandbagging then this is no big deal. Really sandbagging is stupid, if you're worried about people beating your scores then make bigger scores. Sandbagging only hurts competition.

the problem is not the download, the problem is to use accidentally the wrong background because you forgot to change the background at midnight or you forgot to upload one result at that day/before midnight and the next day it´s no longer valid...

i have no problem with changing the background, but not at weekend or the day before or after. bigger sessions with extreme-cooling take place at weekends and on such sessions the risk for forgetting to change the background within the benchsession is to big.

thats no matter of sandbagging. i don´t like sandbagging, too. but it might be very annoying to do all that work and pay hundrets of euros for LN2 and stuff and then everything was for nothing because of such a nothingness.

Edited by Luebke

Best sandbagging effort I ever witnessed was the Mad Shrimps team in Team Cup. Server was slowed bad,

around same time as the sneaky coin mining of members pc's HWbot

Really it's the last few days when the best scores are revealed :P Comps that are short like a week haha ... 1x month beforehand to purchase parts

Quick you see, big scores straight up is more exciting if you can see a target to beat

maybe it was an idea to establish leadingpoints for each day your team is in top 3, 3 leadingpoints for 1st place, 2 lp for second, 1 lp for third.

to win the title or get a rostrum-place your team need to have at least x lp. does your team not have enough lp, it´s maximum rated 4th.

so you can bench the whole time without any ristrictions but have to fight the whole time for a leading place to earn the needed lp.

maybe the leadingpoints should be given for top 5 ot top 10, else a top team could fall through because most time of the cup other topteams hold the top 3 places and the best team faid to earn enough lp...

this idea needs to be elaborated, but i think it has potential...

Edited by Luebke
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

@Leeghoofd needing clarification here.

Two AM3 chips used in two different boards (one AM3 on AM2+), count as two subs? (so go by the mobo socket)

Two different 775 boards used, one s771 cpu and one s775 cpu, count as two subs? (so go by the cpu socket)

Which is correct? This thread has confused me :D

And now to complicate it even more, does it matter which bench? For Ref Freq I could see the first line applying and for everything else the second line.

2 hours ago, GeorgeStorm said:

@Leeghoofd needing clarification here.

Two AM3 chips used in two different boards (one AM3 on AM2+), count as two subs? (so go by the mobo socket)

Two different 775 boards used, one s771 cpu and one s775 cpu, count as two subs? (so go by the cpu socket)

Which is correct? This thread has confused me :D

For the Reference Frequency Stage it seems to be based on the Socket the CPU is intended for. Here unityofsaints' score using an AM3 Phenom II X4 970 on the C4E (an AM3 board):

http://hwbot.org/submission/4004746_unityofsaints_reference_frequency_crosshair_iv_extreme_405.85_mhz

is apparently being trumped by macsbeach98's score using an AM3 Sempron 145 on the AM2+ 790FXB-M2RSH:

http://hwbot.org/submission/3974543_macsbeach98_reference_frequency_lanparty_dk_790fxb_m2rsh_429.97_mhz

I think the Reference Frequency stage should be based on the Socket of the Mainboard rather than the CPU being used as seems to be the case. For CPU benchmarks it should be as it is - i.e. based on the CPU socket.

• Thanks 1

• Crew
2 minutes ago, cbjaust said:

For the Reference Frequency Stage it seems to be based on the Socket the CPU is intended for. Here unityofsaints' score using an AM3 Phenom II X4 970 on the C4E (an AM3 board):

http://hwbot.org/submission/4004746_unityofsaints_reference_frequency_crosshair_iv_extreme_405.85_mhz

is apparently being trumped by macsbeach98's score using an AM3 Sempron 145 on the AM2+ 790FXB-M2RSH:

http://hwbot.org/submission/3974543_macsbeach98_reference_frequency_lanparty_dk_790fxb_m2rsh_429.97_mhz

I think the Reference Frequency stage should be based on the Socket of the Mainboard rather than the CPU being used as seems to be the case. For CPU benchmarks it should be as it is - i.e. based on the CPU socket.

Pretty sure Unitys submission will be re added to the comp and you're correct, Ref clock goes off Motherboard socket and CPU benches go off CPU socket used.

It took a while but we finally have an answer for this......I think

• Like 1