HWBOT Community Forums

The Official Country Cup 2018 thread

Leeghoofd

On 11/13/2018 at 10:21 PM, Don_Dan said:

I thought @Leeghoofd had asked richba5tard to add 1151 v2, but in the database there's only LGA1151 right now, which is including all Core i7 6xxx, 7xxx, 8xxxx and 9xxxx.

On 11/14/2018 at 2:01 PM, Leeghoofd said:

Yep I did, will task again ....

does that mean we have to bench 6700k+7700k on z170/270 and 8700k/9900k on z370/390 for stage 1+2 ?

• Confused 2

On 11/23/2018 at 11:54 AM, christopheorhan said:

Hi,
I can't pass my Asus vii impact for the bench reference.
He puts me there. viii impact, otherwise he refuses.
I still posted it;
thank you

Ackerman

if you edit the sub and retype: maximus vii i

does not it list the maximus vii impact ?

• Confused 1

• Crew
1 minute ago, ObscureParadox said:

What about using a sempron 150 for AM2+ through to AM3+ for the ref clock? I didn't get a clarification on this :)

Defined by Socket type in CPU-Z / HWBOT Database, Meaning it'd only count for AM3 regardless of what board you used it in.

On 11/27/2018 at 2:16 PM, Bilko said:

Defined by Socket type in CPU-Z / HWBOT Database, Meaning it'd only count for AM3 regardless of what board you used it in.

But this is my point and where both myself and others get confused. The reference frequency is a motherboard category, so in essence surely it should be defined by what socket the motherboard is and not the CPU used? I really don't mind which way the competition is formatted, only that I get an official ruling on it as it will determine what board I need to run etc.

• Crew
16 minutes ago, ObscureParadox said:

But this is my point and where both myself and others get confused. The reference frequency is a motherboard category, so in essence surely it should be defined by what socket the motherboard is and not the CPU used? I really don't mind which way the competition is formatted, only that I get an official ruling on it as it will determine what board I need to run etc.

On 11/5/2018 at 7:44 PM, Leeghoofd said:

for the different CPU socket, an example

one E8600 CPU for S775 on a DDR3 board , if your country submits an E8500 on DDR2, the highest ref frequency will count and will make the other score redundant

one CPU for 2011

one for AM2

A different CPU for AM3

Each country just needs subs of 8 different CPUs BUT related to the CPU-Z socket which is mentioned by CPU-Z... If you sub two S775 CPUs only the highest one will count for the compo...

Make more sense now?

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Sigh - if you bench a Xeon5240, which is socket 771, at DFI LP DK P45-T3RSB PLUS modded, it shows socket 771 under mainboard , if you bench an E8500 it shows 775 - does this mean you can use the same board for two different results? I think this is the main problem... So it has to be more or less put on cpu socket

https://valid.x86.fr/52chn8

I'll maybe get some backlash from this but the Competition rules are getting ridiculous. First it was the meaningless mainboard tab with the Team Cup. For example AM3/DDR2. Okay you have a DDR2 tab and a CPU tab so who cares what board your using?

Same for this Comp. GPU sensor tab? Really? Who cares what temp. your card is @? I have a feeling and it's only that that this was precipitated by a bunch of whiners from last year and not the staff.

• Like 1

• Crew
On 12/1/2018 at 12:09 AM, OptyTrooper said:

I'll maybe get some backlash from this but the Competition rules are getting ridiculous. First it was the meaningless mainboard tab with the Team Cup. For example AM3/DDR2. Okay you have a DDR2 tab and a CPU tab so who cares what board your using?

Same for this Comp. GPU sensor tab? Really? Who cares what temp. your card is @? I have a feeling and it's only that that this was precipitated by a bunch of whiners from last year and not the staff.

no need for temps, we need GU/mem frequency...

Rules always adapt due to some special scores from the past... same rules apply for pro competitions, I try to moderéate eaxch day so there's still plenty of time to renbench.

New background will be available on the 11th of December!!

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 2

On 12/1/2018 at 8:10 AM, Leeghoofd said:

no need for temps, we need GU/mem frequency...

Rules always adapt due to some special scores from the past... same rules apply for pro competitions, I try to moderéate eaxch day so there's still plenty of time to renbench.

New background will be available on the 11th of December!!

So up to 10 you can use the current background or not?

Edited by Leeghoofd