HWBOT Community Forums

The Official Country Cup 2018 thread

Leeghoofd

Umm the main window shows GPU/mem frequency.. So redundancy is the rule? Ridiculous. I see the whole mainboard tab thing was not addressed. Once again pointless. It's nit like I can stick an AMD chip in a =n Intel board.

It has nothing too do with re-benching I don't mind that all. I should have read the read the rules more carefully. That doesn't make them not asinine.

• Crew

newer card main window shows nothing, freqs can differ,  extra tabs are purely for moderation purposes, anyway a pointless debate:

Play by the rules laid down or don't play... mobo and GPU sensor tab are required, nuff said...

New competition background will be available on the 11th of December!! Old scores need to submitted the latest on the 10th of December before 23:59 CET

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 12/1/2018 at 1:55 PM, Leeghoofd said:

newer card main window shows nothing, freqs can differ,  extra tabs are purely for moderation purposes, anyway a pointless debate:

Play by the rules laid down or don't play... mobo and GPU sensor tab are required, nuff said...

New competition background will be available on the 11th of December!! Old scores need to submitted the latest on the 10th of December before 23:59 CET

ok,thx Albrecht

Edited by Leeghoofd

Why the change?

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but wasn't this in the rules to happen on 1st December, at the start of the comp?

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew
31 minutes ago, AG-TAS said:

Why the change?

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but wasn't this in the rules to happen on 1st December, at the start of the comp?

I'll be away for work next week afterwards Galax compo, this is easier for me to manage (and yes I forgot to annouce 5 days ahead as promised ? ) Changed the date to the 9th

Edited by Leeghoofd

On 11/30/2018 at 12:22 AM, unityofsaints said:

HWBot also sometimes restricts 3D benchmarks by CPU socket - is that also confusing to you? It's just a way of picking the hardware eligible for a stage.

It's not a case of it being confusing to me, I literally couldn't give 2 about whether it was motherboard or CPU it's based off, only that I got an official answer as it would determine what I'll be benching. 

Garrrhh Leeg you still didn't answer the question though, I understand we can only use one socket once, but is socket determined by the CPU itself or the motherboard itself for the reference frequency stage only. All others are really clear because they are either CPU or VGA benchmark.

Reference is a motherboard benchmark and I trying to determine if we are basing it off motherboard or CPU :)

4 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

you can only use the same socket once...

so you have to discuss it with your team/country members who does what,, in general it's better to complete the stage than to beat the score of a countryman on the same socket and lack one score....

You are answering a different question than we have been asking this whole time. Does an AM3 cpu in an AM2+ motherboard count as an AM3 or an AM2+ Motherboard reference frequency score for purposes of the comp.

So hypothetically is it that I can run an AM2, AM2+, and AM3 chip all in a GA-MA790x-UD4p and count them as 3 seperate scores because the cpus are seperate sockets, or would they all count as AM2+ as the motherboard is AM2+.

Damn you Alby, I got LN2 yesterday. 

How am I supposed to sandbag it now :(

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew

A FSB reference frequency score is related to the motherboard, not the CPU, I need to see 6 different socket types, therefore 6 different motherboards, which cpu the teams use should not matter... if you do tema sessions, better have pictures of the event at hand in case reports start to flow in....

@Daryl If you got LN2 yesterday you have time to bench till the 8th and to post them scores :) Keep the time zones in mind!!

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I planned a session sub-zero with some friends for 7-8-9. Not to be any problems there,for 7-8 we should use the first background and for 9 it will be supplied when exactly ?

sorry,we planned this for couple of weeks now,didn’t know the date will be moved.

• Thanks 2

same here. we´ll do a LN2-benchsession that weekend. what if we bench on 8th in the night and uploading the result lasts till the 9th?

what´s about a period of transition?

or you give us the new background a few days before so we can bench and upload later... in that case it would be save to us.

Edited by Luebke

On 12/2/2018 at 3:58 PM, suzuki said:

I planned a session sub-zero with some friends for 7-8-9. Not to be any problems there,for 7-8 we should use the first background and for 9 it will be supplied when exactly ?

sorry,we planned this for couple of weeks now,didn’t know the date will be moved.

21 minutes ago, Luebke said:

same here. we´ll do a LN2-benchsession that weekend. what if we bench on 8th in the night and uploading the result lasts till the 9th?

what´s about a period of transition?

or you give us the new background a few days before so we can bench and upload later... in that case it would be save to us.

Same here. The original date for new background was 1.12. Right ?