Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums
Leeghoofd

The Official Country Cup 2018 thread

Recommended Posts

On 12/1/2018 at 8:10 AM, Leeghoofd said:

no need for temps, we need GU/mem frequency...

Rules always adapt due to some special scores from the past... same rules apply for pro competitions, I try to moderéate eaxch day so there's still plenty of time to renbench.

 

 

New background will be available on the 11th of December!!

So up to 10 you can use the current background or not?

 

Edited by Leeghoofd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm the main window shows GPU/mem frequency.. So redundancy is the rule? Ridiculous. I see the whole mainboard tab thing was not addressed. Once again pointless. It's nit like I can stick an AMD chip in a =n Intel board.

 

It has nothing too do with re-benching I don't mind that all. I should have read the read the rules more carefully. That doesn't make them not asinine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

newer card main window shows nothing, freqs can differ,  extra tabs are purely for moderation purposes, anyway a pointless debate:

Play by the rules laid down or don't play... mobo and GPU sensor tab are required, nuff said...

 

New competition background will be available on the 11th of December!! Old scores need to submitted the latest on the 10th of December before 23:59 CET

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 1:55 PM, Leeghoofd said:

newer card main window shows nothing, freqs can differ,  extra tabs are purely for moderation purposes, anyway a pointless debate:

Play by the rules laid down or don't play... mobo and GPU sensor tab are required, nuff said...

 

New competition background will be available on the 11th of December!! Old scores need to submitted the latest on the 10th of December before 23:59 CET

ok,thx Albrecht

Edited by Leeghoofd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ale_belo said:

ok,thx Albrecht

And you wonder why hundreds left HWBOT....nuff said.

Edited by OptyTrooper
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OptyTrooper said:

And you wonder why hundreds left HWBOT....nuff said.

Prisoners don't get to run the prison. It leads to unruled chaos. 

Thank god for moderation. :)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Mr.Scott said:

Prisoners don't get to run the prison. It leads to unruled chaos. 

Thank god for moderation. :)

What was you called me years ago? Chaos Incorporated or something?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 1:55 PM, Leeghoofd said:

newer card main window shows nothing, freqs can differ,  extra tabs are purely for moderation purposes, anyway a pointless debate:

Play by the rules laid down or don't play... mobo and GPU sensor tab are required, nuff said...

 

New competition background will be available on the 11th of December!! Old scores need to submitted the latest on the 10th of December before 23:59 CET

Why the change?

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but wasn't this in the rules to happen on 1st December, at the start of the comp?

Edited by Leeghoofd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OptyTrooper said:

And you wonder why hundreds left HWBOT....nuff said.

I wrote before your answer. haha
Now I get it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AG-TAS said:

Why the change?

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but wasn't this in the rules to happen on 1st December, at the start of the comp?

I'll be away for work next week afterwards Galax compo, this is easier for me to manage (and yes I forgot to annouce 5 days ahead as promised 😛 ) Changed the date to the 9th

Edited by Leeghoofd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OptyTrooper said:

What was you called me years ago? Chaos Incorporated or something?

Forgot all about that. LOL :)

It was Team Mayhem.

Edited by Mr.Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2018 at 12:22 AM, unityofsaints said:

HWBot also sometimes restricts 3D benchmarks by CPU socket - is that also confusing to you? It's just a way of picking the hardware eligible for a stage.

It's not a case of it being confusing to me, I literally couldn't give 2 about whether it was motherboard or CPU it's based off, only that I got an official answer as it would determine what I'll be benching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can only use the same socket once...

so you have to discuss it with your team/country members who does what,, in general it's better to complete the stage than to beat the score of a countryman on the same socket and lack one score....

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garrrhh Leeg you still didn't answer the question though, I understand we can only use one socket once, but is socket determined by the CPU itself or the motherboard itself for the reference frequency stage only. All others are really clear because they are either CPU or VGA benchmark.

 

Reference is a motherboard benchmark and I trying to determine if we are basing it off motherboard or CPU :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

you can only use the same socket once...

so you have to discuss it with your team/country members who does what,, in general it's better to complete the stage than to beat the score of a countryman on the same socket and lack one score....

You are answering a different question than we have been asking this whole time. Does an AM3 cpu in an AM2+ motherboard count as an AM3 or an AM2+ Motherboard reference frequency score for purposes of the comp.

So hypothetically is it that I can run an AM2, AM2+, and AM3 chip all in a GA-MA790x-UD4p and count them as 3 seperate scores because the cpus are seperate sockets, or would they all count as AM2+ as the motherboard is AM2+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 1:55 PM, Leeghoofd said:

New competition background will be available on the 11th of December!! Old scores need to submitted the latest on the 10th of December before 23:59 CET

Damn you Alby, I got LN2 yesterday. 

How am I supposed to sandbag it now :(

Edited by Leeghoofd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A FSB reference frequency score is related to the motherboard, not the CPU, I need to see 6 different socket types, therefore 6 different motherboards, which cpu the teams use should not matter... if you do tema sessions, better have pictures of the event at hand in case reports start to flow in....

 

@Daryl If you got LN2 yesterday you have time to bench till the 8th and to post them scores :) Keep the time zones in mind!!

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I planned a session sub-zero with some friends for 7-8-9. Not to be any problems there,for 7-8 we should use the first background and for 9 it will be supplied when exactly ?

sorry,we planned this for couple of weeks now,didn’t know the date will be moved.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

same here. we´ll do a LN2-benchsession that weekend. what if we bench on 8th in the night and uploading the result lasts till the 9th?

what´s about a period of transition?

or you give us the new background a few days before so we can bench and upload later... in that case it would be save to us.

Edited by Luebke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2018 at 3:58 PM, suzuki said:

I planned a session sub-zero with some friends for 7-8-9. Not to be any problems there,for 7-8 we should use the first background and for 9 it will be supplied when exactly ?

sorry,we planned this for couple of weeks now,didn’t know the date will be moved.

 

21 minutes ago, Luebke said:

same here. we´ll do a LN2-benchsession that weekend. what if we bench on 8th in the night and uploading the result lasts till the 9th?

what´s about a period of transition?

or you give us the new background a few days before so we can bench and upload later... in that case it would be save to us.

Same here. The original date for new background was 1.12. Right ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Background will be on the forum on the 9th. However is the option to delay it till monday better?

So new background valid from the 10th on a more feasible solution to your planned bench weekend...

 

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would be much better. so we will have no problems during the weekend while benching with LN2.

maybe the old background could be valid including the 10th and on 11th, 0.00 am the new one will be valid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

K ill change it, background valid till the 10th 23;59, new one from the 11th on, anyone against?

Better. Changing background in the mid of a weekend is always not clever ;) monday or friday is the way to go.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New competition background will be available on the 11th of December!! Old scores need to submitted the latest on the 10th of December before 23:59 CET

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×