HWBOT Community Forums

Set of timings for DDR3 Elpida Hyper

bolc

On 5/2/2019 at 3:19 PM, ground1556 said:

- 2200 7-7-6 seems to be close to impossible on non Corsair sticks. Not sure if they binned differently or if its the pcb. Triple kits seemed to do better

this seems to be disproven. I've gotten a kit of Adata XPG+ 2200c8 that easily does 2220 7-7-6 on high ambient (note: my Dom GT testing was on lower ambient). They also skyrocket at 7-8-6 compared to the Dom GTs (2325 vs 2400+, oddly enough higher then I've managed with any other DR sticks on this particular IMC (tested BFR, CFR, Rev G, BDBG, BBSE, BDSE). Sounds like me and the others I've been talking to just had bad luck.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there a good guide to reflash the SPD on Hypers? I'm not sure if its the issue but before writing them off I would rather try it before throwing them out. I have a kit of 1866c7 2GB Hypers that were at first misbehaving (only being recognised as half capacity - 1 stick booted up was being recognised as 1GB, 2 sticks as 2GB) and then stopped working completely while a buddy of mine has a pair of GTX2s that went from working perfectly fine to not working at all. How to reflash SPD without messing them up? I've tried with Rweverything manually copying over from a working stick but that didn't work, now I have no idea what else could work - at least I couldn't get SPDtool to work yet / couldn't figure out how exactly it works...

There should be no difference if sticks are hypers or not. Normally, if using X48, you just read spd of one stick and write it to the other. I has an issue recently when hypers flashed to GTX2 were not posting on CVF with any cpu but flashing them to Dom 1866 C9 2.2 fixed the issue completely (but I was using the cracked version of taiphoon burner).

46 minutes ago, ground1556 said:

Is there a good guide to reflash the SPD on Hypers? I'm not sure if its the issue but before writing them off I would rather try it before throwing them out. I have a kit of 1866c7 2GB Hypers that were at first misbehaving (only being recognised as half capacity - 1 stick booted up was being recognised as 1GB, 2 sticks as 2GB) and then stopped working completely while a buddy of mine has a pair of GTX2s that went from working perfectly fine to not working at all. How to reflash SPD without messing them up? I've tried with Rweverything manually copying over from a working stick but that didn't work, now I have no idea what else could work - at least I couldn't get SPDtool to work yet / couldn't figure out how exactly it works...

I was going to recommend rweverything as that's what I used in the past.

Although your hypers might just be dying..

Edited by Noxinite

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 8:41 PM, ground1556 said:

Oh, quick note too - if your sticks are dead/badly degraded the trick from d9 times of throwing them in the freezer over night or longer might work. Got 3 (out of 4, last remains unable to boot) 2000 c8 dimms that didn’t manage XMP, JEDEC boot or post at all before back to where they belong around 2000 7-7-6 at 1.66V. 

...and if you put them in the freezer for a while remember it. I just spent half an hour searching my favorite kit turning my whole place upside down only to remember I had put them in the freezer a while back to recover a bit...

• Haha 6

• 9 months later...

another thing of note - avoid mixing pcbs.

the entire day yesterday I was fighting a kit of mine. First, these are the top 4 sticks out of ~20 sticks or so, they are from 3 different kits. I swapped everything (tried 2 boards, 2 PSUs, 6 CPUs, 3 OS), and it just made no sense at all. Each stick on its own is capable of 1100+ 7-7-6 32M. Booting 1100+ and running waza with any 3 of the 4 sticks is also easy. However, they do not pass 32M under any circumstances at 1050+ with decent timings. 

Turns out - corsair is using several different PCBs for their hyper based sticks. I have 2 50-00187A and 2 50-00218A in this kit. 

Looking back, the earliest sticks with the 50-00218A pcb I’ve seen are 10122374; I’ve also seen it on 10122507. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I know this may seem like a stupid question :

I have a set of Dom GT 2000__ 8-8-8-24 v2.1 = IIRC hypers

1) Test the memory on a newer system - z87/97 with a 4770/90. This would show you what the memory is capable of - YES?? <- Take settings back to older system when benching??

2) Test the memory on the system that you plan on benching - 1366/1155. This will show what the memory can do on this MB/IMC - YES?? <- The memory may be a potato on a 775/1155 but excellent on a 1150/2011??

Thank You For Your Time

In Reading and Replying

Edited by MaddMutt

• 1 year later...