HWBOT Community Forums

hwbot "classic" rev8

I'm voting for comp points as well, i am not sure how many people realise the effort needed for qualifying, travelling, benching live in a contest final.... Even online contests, binning parts and buying vendor selected stuff, etc. 

Edited by Alex@ro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, richba5tard said:

@ozzie i didn't ban you from asking a question, i temp banned you for a few days to cool down after being inappropriate. I don't host this forum to get scowled at. I'm not going to spend any more time answering the same question over and over.

@bigblock990 thanks for noticing, fixed. I find your suggestion very reasonable not to make competition points count for career rankings. All in favor?

I think total competition points over your career should be shown in your career rankings even if they dont count towards the total.

I like the competition side of things i.e. TC, CC, Challenger, OSisBS

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Alex@ro said:

I'm voting for comp points as well, i am not sure how many people realise the effort needed for qualifying, travelling, benching live in a contest final.... Even online contests, binning parts and buying vendor selected stuff, etc. 

You will still get comp points, but they will only count towards seasonal ranking. Same as how it works now, comp points last for 1 year which makes sense because the comps are held annually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 11/26/2018 at 4:15 PM, Alex@ro said:

You are feeling like me old man, perhaps we have been around too long :D Hardwork indeed and I was thinking the same as you. But in the end points dont even matter, companies have their go to guys for events and samples and they get them until they step down and let others in. Im feeling less greedy as I get older so im ready to let some other guys have a chance and this will happen with comp points only being annual. If noob comes out of the wood work and is hell bent on going for #1 in the world, they would have to wait 5-6 years just to catch up to our competition points :P They arent starting at 0 they are starting at -1000 If we die without new blood lets not kill them as soon as they choose their password. 

That being said I dont like it being called career then. Maybe like 2018 league 2019 league etc? Career would mean more like overall imo and Im most proud of my competition points in my career. 

Edited by Splave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, zeropluszero said:

2  Leagues

Pro/Sponsored

Everybody else

Stop with the silly leagues by cooling method in which temperature can't be proven anyway.

Want to move up the ranks? Move up your game. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Can we do this?

Temperature can't be proven but neither can pro/sponsored, so..... novice league is nice imho, as you are competing with new members. There is less need when you have seasonal rankings though.

Can I inline a poll for this or do I need to create a separate post?

7 hours ago, richba5tard said:

Temperature can't be proven but neither can pro/sponsored, so..... novice league is nice imho, as you are competing with new members. There is less need when you have seasonal rankings though.

Can I inline a poll for this or do I need to create a separate post?

How about they have to prove that they where sponsored. Like the sponsor writes a HWBot validation letter and must be included in the screen shot.

1 hour ago, richba5tard said:

I don't see why anyone would lie about being sponsored. it's the other way around people might lie.

See a sponsor probably wants something in return like advertising. Obviously they can make more sales.

So you want/need that displayed somewhere. 

Personally I don't really look at most other teams submissions unless it happens to be in the area I'm benching at (Cpu Mhz ect) and could care less if some random guy that's big into overclocking gets free hardware. So to me, it doesn't matter and really care less. I'm already on the right team.....

That said, You want it simple, just let people overclock. Sponsors should be sending hardware to the people that have never been sponsored, not the same guy over and over again. Seems boring and gives small returns imo. The top guys have been on top for years and years and they earned it, sponsors or not. 

Vote no to sponsors unless one wants my address haha!

On 11/23/2018 at 9:07 AM, Mr.Scott said:

Switching gears a little. Since everybody seems to want a better current outlook of standings, will a time limit finally be placed on inactives?, specifically regarding team points.

Bumping this.

Reasoning:

Less load on server due to less to calc, and a more realistic outlook on standings.

I propose a 1 year limit on whether you're deemed active or not. IE: no subs for a year or more, you are inactive for your team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mr.Scott said:

Bumping this.

Reasoning:

Less load on server due to less to calc, and a more realistic outlook on standings.

I propose a 1 year limit on whether you're deemed active or not. IE: no subs for a year or more, you are inactive for your team.

AGREED - even if 1 year sounds a bit short period ( I had not benched anything for 16 months ), but 2 years is more than enough.

As I had stated months ago, it would be nice ( and very helpful for server load ) to have a realistic understanding of not the registered users but the active members that bench.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Scott said:

Bumping this.

Reasoning:

I also agree.  Given the sheer focus on making life easier reducing server load, and making it easier to work on code, making it so there's half (going by the numbers seen in some of the test server stuff) the shuffling every time a better score is posted would have to do something for load.

While I agree a single year might be short, it would probably be more effective than a two year cutoff if we take the intended purpose of the rev8 discussion into consideration - there are probably a LOT more who are 1+ year(s) inactive than there are 2+ years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2018 at 9:52 PM, richba5tard said:

I don't see why anyone would lie about being sponsored. it's the other way around people might lie.

If you get hardware explicitly for the purpose of benching (this is how the Elite league is currently defined) and then don't promote it you'll lose your sponsor very quickly. What's in it for the sponsor anymore at that point?

Edited by unityofsaints

we all get that " benched out feeling"  at times, no matter what league youre in, if it were me that was sponsored id contact the sponsor and say , mate um benched out for a while, i need some space time, depending on your relationship with the sponsor youre with is whether theyre prepared to give you that space to recoup, and for  mine,  if they dont, then theyre not worth having the sponsorship, people arent machines, they dont need feeding, they dont have family and life issues etc etc, some think they are but it soon catches them up and the mind and body soon fixes that up and puts it all back into perspective quick smart

On 12/1/2018 at 3:03 PM, Mr.Scott said:

Bumping this.

Reasoning:

What would be the impact of inactivity? No member points nor league points? What is inactivity? No submissions or not visiting HWBOT?

Can you enforce a rule with subs are valid only with latest version of cpuz/gpuz/benchmark used ?

Leave 1 month time for the guys to post the “best” scores from the usb from 2015/2016/2017 and after to be applied so no sandbag possible in the future. What do you guys think ?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, suzuki said:

Can you enforce a rule with subs are valid only with latest version of cpuz/gpuz/benchmark used ?

Leave 1 month time for the guys to post the “best” scores from the usb from 2015/2016/2017 and after to be applied so no sandbag possible in the future. What do you guys think ? 

And what about HW that doesn't work with latest version of CPU-Z, GPU-Z, etc?

Also what is wrong with posting older scores?

Edited by havli
  • Thanks 1

Loosing backup screenshots because of HDD failure is unfortunate... but I just don't see the reason why would you ban backups completely.
Sorry to put it the hard way - but if your flashdrive gets damaged, your loss. When others are more lucky or have the files stored on more places (backups of backups :D ), then they deserve the chance to use them freely (as long as current rules are met).

Edited by havli