Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums

Recommended Posts

At this point , i would like to remind (once again) , that teams still get TPP , from buggy and non existent benchmarks

The first time i mentioned that a couple of months ago ... i was not listened.

And now we are talking about removing TPP from inactive team members.

 

I dont know where we are heading.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TASOS said:

At this point , i would like to remind (once again) , that teams still get TPP , from buggy and non existent benchmarks

The first time i mentioned that a couple of months ago ... i was not listened.

And now we are talking about removing TPP from inactive team members.

 

I dont know where we are heading.

 

Removing buggy benchmarks is fine by me, but is unrelated to the point algorithm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, richba5tard said:

Removing buggy benchmarks is fine by me, but is unrelated to the point algorithm.

Yes

I agree that is not relative to the point algorithm.

 

But it's an example of "not fair handle" in between similar facts about team points.

In case 1 , we dont want TPP from inactive members

In case 2 , we award teams with HTPP and GTPP , for non existent benchmarks and buggy benchmarks too.

 

I dont know if you undestand what i'm trying to say here.

EDIT : i was referring to ucbench and hwbot prime

 

 

 

 

Edited by TASOS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TASOS said:

Yes

I agree that is not relative to the point algorithm.

 

But it's an example of "not fair handle" in between similar facts about team points.

In case 1 , we dont want TPP from inactive members

In case 2 , we award teams with HTPP and GTPP , for non existent benchmarks and buggy benchmarks too.

 

I dont know if you undestand what i'm trying to say here.

EDIT : i was referring to ucbench and hwbot prime

 

 

 

 

I see your point and agree, in that if you're going to remove TPP from inactive members, TPP in general should be looked at (in terms of what benches get it, much in the same way it's regularly looked at for hw and global points)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TASOS said:

Scott

If an old team member , with a 10 year old sub , is still best of it's class ... (today's team benchers cant even come close to his scores) , no TPP ???

 

 

No, because he is no longer actively benching for his team. That doesn't take away from a legendary score at all. It's just his team will not be able to profit from it forever due to not benching any more. Can't help your team if you don't bench.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mr.Scott said:

No, because he is no longer actively benching for his team. That doesn't take away from a legendary score at all. It's just his team will not be able to profit from it forever due to not benching any more. Can't help your team if you don't bench.

Boom nailed it.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mr.Scott said:

No, because he is no longer actively benching for his team. That doesn't take away from a legendary score at all. It's just his team will not be able to profit from it forever due to not benching any more. Can't help your team if you don't bench.

I have the right to disagree ... and i do.

:)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richba5tard said:

@TASOS 

 

Yes , that's a nice move for 2019

But in the meanwhile , delete all GTPP and HTPP for Hwbot prime and UCbench , that dont exist but keep altering the Team Rankings.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TASOS said:

I have the right to disagree ... and i do.

:)

It's ok. We don't have to agree, and I don't hold it against you. :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I shall make a poll whether inactive members should contribute to rankings or not, as it seems to divide the community. I'll also make one for which 3d benches need to keep global points.

Are polls needed for hardware points too? Or is that fine as is?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, richba5tard said:

I shall make a poll whether inactive members should contribute to rankings or not, as it seems to divide the community. I'll also make one for which 3d benches need to keep global points.

Are polls needed for hardware points too? Or is that fine as is?

Make a poll please.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richba5tard said:

I shall make a poll whether inactive members should contribute to rankings or not, as it seems to divide the community. I'll also make one for which 3d benches need to keep global points.

Are polls needed for hardware points too? Or is that fine as is?

It is indeed a very nice and hopeful change, that the community's opinions are taken into account.

Because the "climate" till several months back ( all understand what I mean ), was "our way or piss off".

Respect :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no strong opinions on which should get points and which not. Obviously I prefer benchmarks which integrate well with HWBOT, but no point in stuffing benchmarks down your throat. 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how bout this then fred ? have a few coldies with micahel and a good yak about it, after all hes been here for years and knows what benches work for whatever and what doesnt and been the comps mod for years, seems a good idea to me  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×