HWBOT Community Forums

hwbot "classic" rev8

At this point , i would like to remind (once again) , that teams still get TPP , from buggy and non existent benchmarks

The first time i mentioned that a couple of months ago ... i was not listened.

And now we are talking about removing TPP from inactive team members.

I dont know where we are heading.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TASOS said:

At this point , i would like to remind (once again) , that teams still get TPP , from buggy and non existent benchmarks

The first time i mentioned that a couple of months ago ... i was not listened.

And now we are talking about removing TPP from inactive team members.

I dont know where we are heading.

Removing buggy benchmarks is fine by me, but is unrelated to the point algorithm.

24 minutes ago, richba5tard said:

Removing buggy benchmarks is fine by me, but is unrelated to the point algorithm.

Yes

I agree that is not relative to the point algorithm.

But it's an example of "not fair handle" in between similar facts about team points.

In case 1 , we dont want TPP from inactive members

In case 2 , we award teams with HTPP and GTPP , for non existent benchmarks and buggy benchmarks too.

I dont know if you undestand what i'm trying to say here.

EDIT : i was referring to ucbench and hwbot prime

Edited by TASOS

• Members
45 minutes ago, TASOS said:

Yes

I agree that is not relative to the point algorithm.

But it's an example of "not fair handle" in between similar facts about team points.

In case 1 , we dont want TPP from inactive members

In case 2 , we award teams with HTPP and GTPP , for non existent benchmarks and buggy benchmarks too.

I dont know if you undestand what i'm trying to say here.

EDIT : i was referring to ucbench and hwbot prime

I see your point and agree, in that if you're going to remove TPP from inactive members, TPP in general should be looked at (in terms of what benches get it, much in the same way it's regularly looked at for hw and global points)

10 hours ago, TASOS said:

Scott

If an old team member , with a 10 year old sub , is still best of it's class ... (today's team benchers cant even come close to his scores) , no TPP ???

No, because he is no longer actively benching for his team. That doesn't take away from a legendary score at all. It's just his team will not be able to profit from it forever due to not benching any more. Can't help your team if you don't bench.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, Mr.Scott said:

No, because he is no longer actively benching for his team. That doesn't take away from a legendary score at all. It's just his team will not be able to profit from it forever due to not benching any more. Can't help your team if you don't bench.

Boom nailed it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Mr.Scott said:

I have the right to disagree ... and i do.

:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, richba5tard said:

I shall make a poll whether inactive members should contribute to rankings or not, as it seems to divide the community. I'll also make one for which 3d benches need to keep global points.

Are polls needed for hardware points too? Or is that fine as is?

Make a poll please.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richba5tard said:

I shall make a poll whether inactive members should contribute to rankings or not, as it seems to divide the community. I'll also make one for which 3d benches need to keep global points.

Are polls needed for hardware points too? Or is that fine as is?

It is indeed a very nice and hopeful change, that the community's opinions are taken into account.

Because the "climate" till several months back ( all understand what I mean ), was "our way or piss off".

Respect :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...