HWBOT Community Forums

hwbot "classic" rev8

• Administrators

Just a hint from the dark on another topic - after this forum did not have marketplace rules for a year until I restored these after research I now also see new registered members offering 2k cpus, members I can not find at hwbot.org because I get 500 error when I try to check profile. This is non of my business anymore, but that is seriously no good way to handle sales for example and forums.. Normal procedure worldwide and at old forums was at least 60 days registration and / or 50 posts

• Like 3

• Crew
On 11/4/2018 at 1:42 PM, richba5tard said:

Tweaked the rev0 'classic' design and adjusted the user profile points section to reflect the career & season points on uat server. Next up: team pages.

Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 13.40.00.png

It's looking quite good, but I don't really like the impact of the competition points on the ranking. I think the algorithm should be changed to Top 30 submission points, to increase the importance of the normal scores and also broaden the amount of scores needed.

By the way, which ranking (Career Ranking or xxxx Season) is used for:
xxxx Leage?
National?
Team?
Global Masters? All global points?

Regarding the Achievements, if they're too much load on the server, I guess no one would really miss them. At least I would be fine with scrapping them, if it makes HWBOT more responsive and more future-proof.

Regarding what James said about benchmarks with global points, I'd say we should discuss it in a separate topic, but in general I agree with his statement and he already named some of the benchmarks that we should look at.

Edited by Don_Dan

9 hours ago, Don_Dan said:

It's looking quite good, but I don't really like the impact of the competition points on the ranking. I think the algorithm should be changed to Top 30 submission points, to increase the importance of the normal scores and also broaden the amount of scores needed.

By the way, which ranking (Career Ranking or xxxx Season) is used for:
xxxx Leage?
National?
Team?
Global Masters? All global points?

Regarding the Achievements, if they're too much load on the server, I guess no one would really miss them. At least I would be fine with scrapping them, if it makes HWBOT more responsive and more future-proof.

Regarding what James said about benchmarks with global points, I'd say we should discuss it in a separate topic, but in general I agree with his statement and he already named some of the benchmarks that we should look at.

Who feels the same way about increasing the top xxx scores for year career and/or seasonal ranking? I don't have any specific feeling about this.

Global/hardware/mobile masters are as-is, so unrelated to career/seasonal rankings.

Leagues, National, Team and Country rankings are all seasonal in current rev0 build. Only your career ranking is based on all time submissions.

Adapting focus to new revision takes time (for all). 
Figuring out what works and what doesn't can't be defined since point 0 as issues will come on the way.
So I am asking, why are we changing revisions annually when the current one was  already designed to be lighter and save $?
Goal is to have 2018 income with 2006 expenses?

Also with competition points having no expiration date what happens if G.skill and Galax stop organizing their events?

Edited by FireKillerGR
  • Like 2

Hw points are a leveling factor of time and effort to help advance without having the highest end gear. It's a tough choice but maybe it's best since after gtx680  all the old legacies are cpu benches for the most part. I can see it both ways I guess. 

-Maybe an unpopular opinion but 3dmark03 needs a nerf. Why is it 67 points vs 50s anyways?

In response to idea of cutting comp points, I think you should keep competition points involved. If u have to suck it up and help your brothers once in awhile you can get a benefit or not. 

Is there no longer anything in place to quash team hw sharing? This looks to be biggest team is best team which would increase shill account rewards. 

Is it such a wild idea to maybe give each member a week and we all choose 8-10 cpu benches and gpu benches from a listed poll? Maybe we can trim some fat to save computational power and server costs. 

Edited by Splave
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 2:05 PM, richba5tard said:

As I don't have sufficient time to maintain the complex algorithm of hwbot rev6/7 and the rankings are too complex to explain

Subs either get HWpts or globals or both. They each get calculated based on ranking and there's a cutoff at X%. Some benches are weighted higher than others. Was that so hard to explain? What is there to "maintain"?

Either a ranking works or there are bugs and that has a one-time cost to fix (like the "two subs from one user getting pts in the same ranking" bug that we've been waiting for a fix on for a few months now).

On 10/29/2018 at 10:08 AM, websmile said:

Scraping eoc sports ranking is ok

Agreed, I doubt anyone ever paid attention to that ranking

On 11/2/2018 at 7:35 PM, Leeghoofd said:

I vote community to have their say

Amen! Rev6 was a necessary evil, this Rev is looking like change for the sake of change.

4 hours ago, bigblock990 said:

Is there anyway to keep hardware points as a contributing factor to the rankings?

Current proposal is hardware points only count to hardware masters league correct?

4 hours ago, Mr.Scott said:

Who wants to buy some gear?

This is bullshit.

This is by far the most destructive proposal in this new revision.

Hardware point is what lets people who enjoy older hardware or don't have money compete! The community is so small that HWpts, globals and comps *all* need to stay relevant, otherwise you automatically kill off part of the userbase no matter how good (or bad) the rest of the changes are.

Edited by unityofsaints
  • Thanks 2

Well, as for me i'll keep doing overclock in any hardware i like, despite of it giving points or not.
I remember a discussion about changing the algorithm couple years ago and i gave my two cents about giving more points to 3D and organize more competitions based on 3D because it is a way to attract gamers attention to the overclock fun, AND of course companies like galax, asus, msi, evga, gigabyte etc... would be more interested too and give bot some money, this way Hwbot would have a cycle of overclocking and sponsorship (i also said that i knew this because i'm a senior analyst in sponsorship, work with it all day).
But my opinion at that time was mocked by a few...
That being said, i'm 100% against team points and team ranking changes proposals, mainly because the actual system is the best way to give a goal for those who love to overclock vintage hardware systems. Great overclockers from my team have made a phenomenal contribution to hwbot database and information, it's just not fair and for sure not the best way to change things

Edited by Casanova