HWBOT Community Forums

Custom VEGA/FURY and possible Titan V EK VGA Suppremacy custom mounting plate

LordNicoll

Hello Folks, A friend asked me to looking a custom EK universal VGA block mount for the RX VEGA and R9 FURY line as they use larger 64mmx64mm mounts. Since this is a large size, I decided to go as far as making the mounts up to in theory 72mm, for possible Titan V support and even LGA775(???). Thing is the die on the Titan V is quite large so it might not 100% fit, I can't fully guarantee that it works even if the mounting holes line up. This bracket is also quite large, it could also foul on parts of the PCB like chokes and such, so usage could be hard. It also includes the smaller sizes for the diagonal mount that the EK HD 6770 mount has, so you wouldn't need to change the bracket as often in theory, though smaller cards are more likely to foul. I'm asking here to get an idea if more than a few people might want one as getting this made would be expensive, even if it's just a simple job on something like a water jet, small volume stuff is not generally cheap. As it stands I'm planning to make 3 which mostly have been called dibs on. Should also work on the GTX 480/GTX 580 as I think they also have a larger than normal mounting hole layout. Please feel free to ask any questions.

In terms of cost, I'd love to say they're only €5 like the EK ones, but chances are, depending on volume, they could be like €100 each if only a few are made, but could come down a lot to around €20 is a larger volume are made, though as mentioned, this seems to me to be a niche product. The material they'll be made from is a low grade of stainless steel likely. 

Screenshot (78).png

Edited by LordNicoll
  • Like 3

Following careful measurements of a TITAN V die, it seems the blocks coldplate wouldn't 100% fully fit and so I have made the bracket smaller for compatibility with more boards and systems and the tangs are quite long. The new mounting sizes are a max of 66mm x 66mm, which is more than enough for VEGA/Fiji. 

• 5 weeks later...

a tip, if youre gunna get them made have the tangs rounded off nicely like the middle ones are shown to be, quite often a rounded edge will fit where a square edge like show will hit something, it just gives that little bit more fitting room, looks nicer too ?

• Like 1