HWBOT Community Forums

[FS] 4000+,ASUS P5E3, ASUS M2F

TaPaKaH

I never owned a gtx2 kit but i was under the impression they are better bin than dom c7, but most of my c7 sticks can do better than those results.

I guess it’s really about luck and how many you bin in the end.

I've never owned Dom GT 2000C7, but I've seen there are better ones, especially if you have MNH-based kit still running.

I consider my GTX2 better than the ones listed, but I haven't tested on the same platforms - might be better, might be worse.

If I manage to get these (sent PM), I will compare directly to mine.

I've bought some ST 2200C8 from websmile and other sources in the past and they all need significantly higher voltage for same tight timings on AM3 platform, so it would be interesting for me to compare Sam's set against mine. I only have 3xGTX2 sticks - 2 original ones I bought new when released and one spare from Splave (perhaps a reject, I don't know).

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, I.nfraR.ed said:

I consider my GTX2 better than the ones listed, but I haven't tested on the same platforms - might be better, might be worse.

Pretty sure you can usually expect slightly worse memory clocks on x58 just due to the layout of the platform which is quite suboptimal. The decision to keep most boards 6 dimms over 3 also doesn‘t help this, at least thats how it should be in theory. I personally prefer binning ram on the platform its most likely to be used on (thus binning hyper on Haswell makes close to no sense at all to me).

Regarding other Hyper (Kingston, Supertalent etc) - I‘m not sure if its just my small sample size, but I‘m pretty sure the others seem to be much weaker at tRCD on average. All 2000c8 dom Gts I‘ve had in my hands (except for one particularly garbage kit which couldn‘t even do spec) could do 2200+ 7-7-6 tight at some voltage), while others seemed to run into a wall at significantly lower clocks with same trcd. Once testing 6-7-5/7-8-6 they performed way closer to the Dom GTs. 

So, not to derail the whole thread (time to move this to the general hyper discussion?):

Can you test the 920 on SS? You know my criteria ;)

Taking the W3680, I want a new cpu for memory testing :D 

• Like 1

Both 2000C7 and GTX2 were sold within an hour of posting ... looks like I'm not the only one looking for Hypers :D

Based on my personal records of 18 sticks of 2000C7, plus 15 sticks of GTX2, it seems that the latter are generally worse on tRCD limits, yet generally better on voltage. Of course, there are exclusions in both directions. For example, the 2000C7 I just sold needed much less volts than the other sixtreen 2000C7 sticks that I had, yet also had worse tRCD limits.

But, let's be honest, in the benching ranges of Hypers (1050 6-7-5 and thereabouts) tRCD limits don't play a role and +/- 0.05V on the voltage isn't too critical. That's why I kind of stopped binning for lowest voltage (fact: the lowest memtest voltage Hyper stick that I ever had was sold in this thread, two out of three lowest memtest voltage Hyper sticks that I ever had were sold in this thread, 4 out of 6 lowest memtest voltage Hyper sticks that I ever had were sold in this thread) and focused on trouble-free experience with as many platforms as possible.

Edited by TaPaKaH
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1