HWBOT Community Forums

On 12/25/2018 at 8:58 PM, Alex@ro said:

When air or water use manual system agent 1.40-1.50 or more depending on imc, auto is 1.70 for 4800 and you might not feel safe :D 

At what point does a CFL-R IMC burn out? Plenty of potatoes available for a field study here, however I'd like to avoid getting intel RMA dept suspicious ?

I did see screenshot of some guy running 1.55V SA for 4800 memtest on XI apex the other day...

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, websmile said:

Happy grilling :) 1,55 on air, sure xd - all for epeen reloaded on a bugged benchmark ?

Manufacturers seem to be getting their 4800 kits ready. Surely they won't expect people to freeze their CPU for rated XMP or make them buy a new 9900k every two weeks because IMC can't sustain required volts ?

• Haha 2

• Administrators

A friend just told me gene 11 sets 1,8v sa auto if you go to 4800.. cough, not sure if I believe this, if it is true Intel will love this. On the other hand, xmp sets io and sa voltage as well and I am pretty sure modul houses will act a bit more cautious. If I ever get an apex11 or gene, I will let you know, but on the other hand I think you can already test this :D

• Thanks 1

So far I checked 4600 17-19 which needs 1.15V IO / 1.275V SA. After that it seemed like running into a wall which led me to asking for additional input since getting close DDR4-5000 seems to be a thing these days :D

screenshot415uicu4.png

P.S. my interest in this is not geekbench related ?

Edited by aerotracks
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, rtsurfer said:

@Alex@ro Any suggestions to get past code 60, BA or the usual 49,55 on Apex X with A2 PCB? 4K works, 4133 doesnt train, on sticks doing 4200 on MOCF.

I did follow your instructions from above. Only works for 4K tho.

Some kits you might need to relax trfc to 280, also don't forget vttddr try 0.90-0.95 or auto. If you are using predefined profiles i would recommend relaxing the tertiary's little bit and try again

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Doc.Brown said:

Is there compatible USB driver for XP(32 and 64),I've tried all previous  Asmedia that I have but none works with bios 54,thanks :)

I do not think there is any as i have look everywhere too and i am not able to find any and my attempts to install my superpi xp iso on MXI Gene has been futile.

5 hours ago, chispy said:

I do not think there is any as i have look everywhere too and i am not able to find any and my attempts to install my superpi xp iso on MXI Gene has been futile.

xp work whit xi gene, need: 

- xp iso original

- disable acpi, during f6 startup xp press f5 or f7

- nlite to insert lastest driver ahci by fernando

- keyboard ps2 native

- dvdrom to install ( with usb pendrive no work for now )

IMG-20190103-WA0029.jpg

Edited by antome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, antome said:

xp work wit xi gene, need: 

- xp iso original

- disable acpi, during f6 startup xp press f5 or f7

- nlite to insert lastest driver ahci by fernando

- keyboard ps2 native

- dvdrom to install ( with usb pendrive no work for now )

IMG-20190103-WA0029.jpg

Where do you get the latest drivers by fernando ? Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Doc.Brown said:

Yes it works also for me but no USB,I tested many drivers but none works ... so I purchased an USB card on PCIE and also one PS/2 Y :)

need to find correct usb driver :), i tested with ps2 y but only one works, mouse o keyboard

4 hours ago, Doc.Brown said:

Not sure they already exist,even Fernando's modded one with DP install doesn't work cause there's signature issue...

Your PS/2 Y is for black PS/2,you need Y for green/violet PS/2 for both works as I understood by reading some comments before buying mine ;)

is possible disable driver signature on xp

link

• Like 1

Error message comes after installation not before during checking,I 'll test or wait for PS2 Y it will be more simple :D

@Alex@ro Have you got any improvement by setting RTL/IO manually,I tried it yesterday to test my A1 Bdie on GeekBench3 but have any score improvement.In Auto RTL was at 65 tight them to 57/59(max boot) but,that I don't understand, IO doesn't move with RTL,in Auto they are at 14/15 value and also for 57/59 RTL,fix them in manual there's no boot.

Is there a particular technique to have tight IO ?

For now I have this and would like to improve with manual RTL/IO:GB3.thumb.jpg.c46b9b5930389a6a186e9006a8c19ccc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 1/5/2019 at 12:51 PM, Doc.Brown said:

Error message comes after installation not before during checking,I 'll test or wait for PS2 Y it will be more simple :D

@Alex@ro Have you got any improvement by setting RTL/IO manually,I tried it yesterday to test my A1 Bdie on GeekBench3 but have any score improvement.In Auto RTL was at 65 tight them to 57/59(max boot) but,that I don't understand, IO doesn't move with RTL,in Auto they are at 14/15 value and also for 57/59 RTL,fix them in manual there's no boot.

Is there a particular technique to have tight IO ?

For now I have this and would like to improve with manual RTL/IO:GB3.thumb.jpg.c46b9b5930389a6a186e9006a8c19ccc.jpg

You can try to lower RTL initial value as low as you can meaning the board will train most of the times the tightest RTL's possibl.e Then change Offset from 21 21 try to go lower . Manual setting usually will give you 55, tightening RTL at high freq is not easy and also not very rewarding, it looks like the higher frequency you go the impact of RTL's and tertiary is lower compared to let's say 4000. 

On 1/10/2019 at 11:34 AM, Alex@ro said:

You can try to lower RTL initial value as low as you can meaning the board will train most of the times the tightest RTL's possibl.e Then change Offset from 21 21 try to go lower . Manual setting usually will give you 55, tightening RTL at high freq is not easy and also not very rewarding, it looks like the higher frequency you go the impact of RTL's and tertiary is lower compared to let's say 4000. 

Yep you're right I did this method that works well for RTL but there's no gain on the score,that's why I asked you :) Thanks for your answer.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 7:59 AM, Doc.Brown said:

Not sure they already exist,even Fernando's modded one with DP install doesn't work cause there's signature issue...

Your PS/2 Y is for black PS/2,you need Y for green/violet PS/2 for both works as I understood by reading some comments before buying mine ;)

have you tried the PS2 splitter cable? If it works, can you tell me where you got it? I tried with another green and purple ps2 splitter cable but always sees either keyboard or mouse

edit:

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/107756/#

Edited by antome

6 hours ago, antome said:

have you tried the PS2 splitter cable? If it works, can you tell me where you got it? I tried with another green and purple ps2 splitter cable but always sees either keyboard or mouse

edit:

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/107756/#

Same for me so I took a PCIE 1x card with 4 USB ... hope to have 0057 XP bios ready one day ^^