HWBOT Community Forums

guys on the winraid forum someone managed to get xp to work with acpi and usb3 support on xi gene. A few days ago Doc Brown also performed the spi32 on xp and 9700k. We're there now and you don't need an update of the bios but simply some modified xp files

Edited by antome

On 10/24/2019 at 10:01 PM, FireKillerGR said:

Hi guys,

thought to share the new bios for M11A that helps getting higher CL to work for memory frequency.

Before, with CL24 max limitation was 4933 on air.
New bios with the same stick and cpu can do 5300MHz easily.

Enjoy :)

ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-APEX-ASUS-0018.7z 7.71 MB · 37 downloads

Does this bios support 9900KS CPU?

On 10/25/2019 at 12:01 PM, FireKillerGR said:

Hi guys,

thought to share the new bios for M11A that helps getting higher CL to work for memory frequency.

Before, with CL24 max limitation was 4933 on air.
New bios with the same stick and cpu can do 5300MHz easily.

Enjoy :)

ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-APEX-ASUS-0018.7z 7.71 MB · 39 downloads

So this BIOS is newer than Dancop's A2 Mem OC BIOS (0021) ??
Naming digits somewhat confusing, hahah ?

Does this BIOS support the 9900KS? And any BIOS like This for the little GENE?

Thanks. ?

Edited by IvanCupa

1 hour ago, IvanCupa said:

So this BIOS is newer than Dancop's A2 Mem OC BIOS (0021) ??
Naming digits somewhat confusing, hahah ?

Does this BIOS support the 9900KS? And any BIOS like This for the little GENE?

Thanks. ?

Yes its newer but not sure its equally good for 4800c14. 

This was optimized for mem freq so it can do cl31

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 10:08 AM, FireKillerGR said:

new bios for the Gene that has iGPU enabled and high voltages without the need of the ln2 switch. :)

ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-GENE-ASUS-0093.CAP 16 MB · 94 downloads

I'm trying on Xi Gene to go over from fw 021 by Dancop to 093, but there are problems while all the other bios are written without problems, the 093 with the voltages unlocked tells me that it is not supported, it does not even go with the flashback

IMG-20191121-145620.jpg
Edited by antome

On 11/21/2019 at 8:16 AM, antome said:
I'm trying on Xi Gene to go over from fw 021 by Dancop to 093, but there are problems while all the other bios are written without problems, the 093 with the voltages unlocked tells me that it is not supported, it does not even go with the flashback

IMG-20191121-145620.jpg

You have to use USB Flashback.

• Thanks 1

Got into this XI game a bit late with an Apex. Been trying to figure out what bios work best with A0 pcb B Die. With so many to test and variables such as temperature I'm not getting far.
That said, does anyone have a preferred bios for use with A0 pcb mems ? TIA !

EDIT only have 8700k if that matters

Edited by GtiJason

59 minutes ago, GtiJason said:

Got into this XI game a bit late with an Apex. Been trying to figure out what bios work best with A0 pcb B Die. With so many to test and variables such as temperature I'm not getting far.
That said, does anyone have a preferred bios for use with A0 pcb mems ? TIA !

EDIT only have 8700k if that matters

Try the initial one; seems better than the newer ones :D

will try to find the first beta we got as well

• Like 1

Acronis image of Xp x32 for spi and other 2d bench for Asus Z390 and other motherboards, no need bios mod, hyper threading and turbov working great :)

Download - Windows Xp x32 z270 to Z390 spi edition Asmedia usb, whit only asmedia usb driver (the two above the hdmi port)

Download - Windows Xp x32 Z270 to Z390 spi edition all usb, whit Asmedia and Intel usb driver, all usb port working

ps: you'll probably have to connect a ps2 mouse initially to confirm the installation of the new hardware on Xp at the first boot, the images work safely on the Z390 XI Gene, Z390 XI Apex, Z370 X Apex and Z270 IX Apex boards on other motherboards you have to try

test spi32 5g (waza) ?

5m52-469.jpg

Edited by antome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Back when I tested XP with ACPI on Ryzen, I've made an autohotkey script (simple loop) to auto-press Enter for me, since Crosshair VI Hero doesn't have a PS/2 port.

What I did is install AutoHotkey, then place the script in the startup folder, which would make it execute after booting into Windows. Then made the acronis image. All this on a board with PS/2. Now, when I restore it on the Crosshair, the script runs upon first boot and sends Enter key every 10 seconds, which activates the default "New Hardware Detected" dialogs button and hopefully it is "Next", which will install the drivers. At least it worked for me. Once you have a working usb mouse, you can stop the script and remove it from the Startup folder. I believe AHK can read window titles and button labels, then select action based on that, but I haven't spent too much time to learn it.

Might help someone.

enter.ahk

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Like 2

If I have A1 non-RGB below, Thaiphoon Burner copying and pasting weird, which BIOS do I went from here for benching on air? CPU is custom water but RAM stock Trident Z heatsinks.

This is my kit but I'm using an Apex with two DIMM Slots.

Trident Z
DDR4-3600MHz CL16-16-16-36 1.35V
32GB (4x8GB)

https://www.gskill.com/search?keywords=f4-3600c16q-32gtzkk

F4-3600C16-8GTZKK
Edited by KedarWolf

Has anyone else had issues with CPU Standby Voltage and CPU PLL OC Voltage when going above 52 on core multiplier? I'm on the XI Apex and while changing the multiplier from 52 to 53 without changing anything else Standby Voltage went to 1.6v (from 1.07v) and PLL OC Voltage went to 2.6v (from 1.2v!). Seems rather extreme. The standby voltage was an easy fix (1.05v in bios reads as the same 1.07v in HWInfo) but PLL OC Voltage was a little disguised as PLL Bandwidth, has to be set to 0 to bring it back to 1.2v.

Edited by Apothysis

4 hours ago, Apothysis said:

Has anyone else had issues with CPU Standby Voltage and CPU PLL OC Voltage when going above 52 on core multiplier? I'm on the XI Apex and while changing the multiplier from 52 to 53 without changing anything else Standby Voltage went to 1.6v (from 1.07v) and PLL OC Voltage went to 2.6v (from 1.2v!). Seems rather extreme. The standby voltage was an easy fix (1.05v in bios reads as the same 1.07v in HWInfo) but PLL OC Voltage was a little disguised as PLL Bandwidth, has to be set to 0 to bring it back to 1.2v.

I have definitely experienced the 1.6 standby voltage thingy... I wasn't sure what triggered it but since then I've been manually setting all my voltages even if I wasn't actually going to increase them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 8:58 AM, Alex@ro said:

Example of safe voltages for air/water set manually  PLL Core Voltage to 1.00V, Pll Termination 1.20, Cpu standby 1.10, Pll Bandwith lvl 0 , DMI 1.00V,  little bit raised pll termination  of 1.20 will max out the cache as well.

To @Alex@ro and others, would the settings above be sufficient for 9900KS at 5.2 ~ 5.3 GHz? Leaving those settings on auto causes the bios to pump the voltages up considerably. Please advise, thank you.

Edited by sexpot

Of course, tweaking auxiliary voltages is for helping with cold bug and other issues when going ln2, it will not affect core frequency on air/water, cache can be maxxed out with small bumps like 1.3 termination should be more than enough for pushing this on regular cooling. 

• Like 1