HWBOT Community Forums

Weird mem training issue:

I'm running the following: unknown.png

This is fully stable within windows with TM5 extreme profile and OCCT large/avx2 tested. However when I reboot the machine, it'll get stuck "bF" post code. I have to keep hitting retry to go into bios and mess around voltages to get it to eventually work. When it's back in windows it's fully stable again. Any ideas what's causing this? Most the timings are hardset. 

Edited by robert896r1

Hi guys

i am running :

the  XI Gene, 9900KS at 5.1Ghz and 2x8 GB Viper 4400 kit with the results you can see

I would like  to achieve 15-15-36, now i am stable at 16-16-36, 1.48V.

i already tried 15-15-36 and 15-16-38 with 1.50, no luck so far, plus various little more advanced tweaks i could heard off.

SA at 1.24 and IO at 1.18

what setting i could try ? and of course no over 1.50 V

Thank you very much

1.png

2.png

Edited by ales75

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Bruno said:

Try to find out the RAM voltage that allows the system to boot at 4000 15-15-15-30-2, even if that is above 1.5v. 

If it is above 1.5v, that is its lower limit, so you 'll have your answer.

If it's below 1.5v, start tightening again :)

Thanks dude, yes it is the kind of approach i always use.. i was mostly talking about more hidden settings etc.. that could help me in then stabilizing the overclock, however i already changed the ram kit :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey folks! I've been playing around a bit with the daily setup on my apex. Currently I'm running F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (A2-pcb) @ 4400 16-16-16 2T 1.535v with 1.25v IO/SA as a daily ( https://i.imgur.com/qxOoxkk.png ). I'd love to get some 1T action going but I can only post as high as 4200 (with trace centering enabled). Trying to figure out if it's a kit limitation or IMC or else - 2T is absolutely no issue and I've posted as high as 4800 without issue and haven't bothered with higher. I've played around with more IO/SA (gone as far as 1.35v IO/1.45v SA) and 1.58v on the sticks but 1T is just a no-go so far even with loose timings. Any suggestions? I'm thinking RTTs but I haven't been able to find any good starting point and with how many combinations there are I could waste an entire day getting nowhere. Is there something obvious I've missed? Seeing more and more "easy 4600 1T" with other kits so hoping one of you have some pointers for me. Thanks!

• Crew
18 minutes ago, Apothysis said:

Hey folks! I've been playing around a bit with the daily setup on my apex. Currently I'm running F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (A2-pcb) @ 4400 16-16-16 2T 1.535v with 1.25v IO/SA as a daily ( https://i.imgur.com/qxOoxkk.png ). I'd love to get some 1T action going but I can only post as high as 4200 (with trace centering enabled). Trying to figure out if it's a kit limitation or IMC or else - 2T is absolutely no issue and I've posted as high as 4800 without issue and haven't bothered with higher. I've played around with more IO/SA (gone as far as 1.35v IO/1.45v SA) and 1.58v on the sticks but 1T is just a no-go so far even with loose timings. Any suggestions? I'm thinking RTTs but I haven't been able to find any good starting point and with how many combinations there are I could waste an entire day getting nowhere. Is there something obvious I've missed? Seeing more and more "easy 4600 1T" with other kits so hoping one of you have some pointers for me. Thanks!

Maybe against the spirit of OC and tweaking, but what do you think you will gain with 1T vs 2T for a daily setup ? Seems you already dialed in pretty well, beating easily retail kits in bandwidth and performance.

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2020 at 11:47 PM, Leeghoofd said:

Maybe against the spirit of OC and tweaking, but what do you think you will gain with 1T vs 2T for a daily setup ? Seems you already dialed in pretty well, beating easily retail kits in bandwidth and performance.

Late update but I'm a nut for daily tuning and as far as 1T vs 2T goes, 4200 16 1T is very, very close in performance to 4400 16 2T in stuff like time spy cpu, superpi etc., I just like pushing the daily stuff to the limit. ?

As an answer to my own question I tested two different kits and it was definitely a kit-limitation that had a roof at 4200 1T as it was easy to go beyond that on the other two kits.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2020 at 7:51 PM, robert896r1 said:

Weird mem training issue:

I'm running the following: unknown.png

This is fully stable within windows with TM5 extreme profile and OCCT large/avx2 tested. However when I reboot the machine, it'll get stuck "bF" post code. I have to keep hitting retry to go into bios and mess around voltages to get it to eventually work. When it's back in windows it's fully stable again. Any ideas what's causing this? Most the timings are hardset. 

I was running into this same issue when trying higher frequencies at 1t. I tuned rtl/iol and found that it helped avoid this q code a lot. Didnt test enough to say it eliminated it entirely but it definitely reduced how often it happened. Let me know what you find if you try this!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...