HWBOT Community Forums

On 12/25/2018 at 8:58 PM, Alex@ro said:

The new Geekbench standard for B-die DDR4-4860 14-14-14-28-2T all air . Voltage tolerance is needed for sticks, DDR4-4800+ requires 2.00V on this particular set. For comparison, at same voltage and temperature the kit does DDR4-4260 12-12-12 but as always YMMV

snaphsot00165oe0x.png

When dealing with 7F code trcd is too tight, on my setup 1T is good for 4600, over 2T is needed. Use maximus tweak1, tcwl 14 twrrd_sg 26 twrrd_dg 20, rest similar to standard 4000C12 more or less personal tweaking. When air or water use manual system agent 1.40-1.50 or more depending on imc, auto is 1.70 for 4800 and you might not feel safe :D 

Forgot to post mine with random 4133 retail kit ?

GB3.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Doesnt it make you suspicious you have 2050 and 9k, and when you go to 2110 you have maybe 9500 at best at same timings, which is around 500 more, and that when you go from 2390 to 2450 you suddenly have around 10400? which is above 1k more even though you gained alot less frequency percentual and same in real frequency?? Not my business anymore after I quit benching but I think this is quite obvious to see together with other funny things, especially when you know benchmarks usually have baselines and it is percetage above baseline gain that makes the results.

• Like 1

• Members
8 minutes ago, websmile said:

Doesnt it make you suspicious you have 2050 and 9k, and when you go to 2110 you have maybe 9500 at best at same timings, which is around 500 more, and that when you go from 2390 to 2450 you suddenly have around 10400? which is above 1k more even though you gained alot less frequency percentual and same in real frequency?? Not my business anymore after I quit benching but I think this is quite obvious to see together with other funny things, especially when you know benchmarks usually have baselines and it is percetage above baseline gain that makes the results.

I thought it was because one of the gb3 subtests massively favours bandwidth, and is weighed heavily enough in the overall score that pushing that high gives you a better score overall even if you lose score in other subtests? (but I could be wrong as I've not tested myself)

• Like 2

• Administrators

The mem sream copy value explodes - but only at multicore, it is more or less same at single core at 4133c12 vs 4800c14. This is what makes me a bit nervous, but tbh for me it is a solely academical problem because gb3 is still vlauable tool for me to test memory stability for benching, results do not matter on this

P.S. Nearly forgot, @Doc.Brown many thanks for the spi32m test, very interesting :)

• Like 2

Well it's not my memory profile for 10k4 GB3 score on the 4772C14 screen,for me it's like George says an bandwidth story for this memory test.Perhaps it could be interesting to only compare GB3 and Aida memory test by 200mhz steps to see the impact of the bandwidth on both and if it scale the same ... don't know

• Like 1

Has anyone got any idea how to eliminate cold bug and cold boot bug on 9900k on Maximus Gene XI ? 

I spent 35L of LN2 yesterday and got me max oc of 6.1Ghz @ 1.58v on my 9900k , but this cpu 9900k seems that have a nasty cold bug exactly at -112c and also a cold boot bug at -89c on MGeneXI on Bios 0057. LN2 mode enable and also the RSVD switch. I have tried everything possible but the cold bug wont go away : tried absolutely every range of voltages everywhere trying to figure it out but i could never find the voltages to get rid of the cold bug. Any idea or guidance/help will be greatly appreciate it @Alex@ro . 

Kind Regards: Angelo

• Like 1

• Administrators

Is there any chance the 4200 divider on memory will work c12 in the future? I tested this with two different cpus (8086k and 8600k), different settings and it did not work on apex xi, plus I talked to a couple of people using gene with same problem. Tested with bios 0231 and also latest BIOS from asus website, it worked 2 or 3 time out of 100 tries and that simply is not enough for such a good oc board

• Like 1

try to run without RSVD and set all voltages manually. BIOS 0057 seems to be a little buggy. i tried different cpus on 0057, one does have a bad CBB from -70 at retry, Bios 0043 works slighly better, same CPU comes back at -170 and runs a few Mhz higher in the top

• Like 1