HWBOT Community Forums

Should we simplify the leagues in 2019 and on or not?

Simplify member leagues or not   

91 members have voted

1. 1. Simplify member leagues or not

• 2 leagues: sponsored and not sponsored
    • 6 leagues: extreme / elite / enthusiast / apprentice / rookie / novice

8 hours ago, Fasttrack said:

1) Watch your mouth mister. We are not in a saloon with drunks around us.

2) If you do not have the info I have ( and many more in here ), what orgies happen with "enthusiast cooling", better keep silent.

writing out "a very significant percentage" is a claim you need to justify, not just by saying : I have information you do not. if you d have written: a minority, or a small fraction, or even a certain fraction, I would not have raised a concern in the impolite form I used. but a very significant fraction sounds like 20% or more. and in my opinion this is unjustified, exagerated and false.

as far as i know. i was top 7 enthusiast one day, and needed nothing better than watercooling for that. I used chilled water once, which is ice in a bucket filled with water, water temp around 5C, idle temp around 5-10C, bench temp 30-40C, sometimes more. I thought this was still being enthusiast since you are always above 0C (when my tap water is 9C, and  it is at the moment..., is that custom water or chilled water....?), but rules said differently and I changed league automatically. now I compete with folks using MS/SS and dry ice...

I would find more fair to keep chilled water in the enthusiast league, and put SS and DICE in the extreme. anyways, my point is, I could have deleted my chilled water sub and re qualify it as custom water. anyways, I didn't requalify my sub, and I think many folks do the same, folks in my team don't, a few folks I know from other teams don't either.

I think a very significant percentage of enthusiasts does not cheat

Edited by bolc
  • Like 1

Why did I decide to read this threat at 6 in the mornin?

Best answer in this thread is probably Sponsored, Non-Sponsored, Rookie. I don't like the concept of "Sponsored", maybe turn it into the "Verified" elite members of the community.
I don't think that ranking matters much when LN2 will always be on top and many people just don't care about doing sub-ambient OC (like myself). I primarily use the site for hardware rankings so most of this doesn't really matter to me.

Unlike people who have pushed thousands of dollars into this hobby because they are chasing some kind of recognition (And then you might as well be using LN2). This site is much more useful as a review aggregate than some kind of epeen measuring contest =).

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, SecretDragoon said:

Why did I decide to read this threat at 6 in the mornin?

Best answer in this thread is probably Sponsored, Non-Sponsored, Rookie. I don't like the concept of "Sponsored", maybe turn it into the "Verified" elite members of the community.
I don't think that ranking matters much when LN2 will always be on top and many people just don't care about doing sub-ambient OC (like myself). I primarily use the site for hardware rankings so most of this doesn't really matter to me.

Unlike people who have pushed thousands of dollars into this hobby because they are chasing some kind of recognition (And then you might as well be using LN2). This site is much more useful as a review aggregate than some kind of epeen measuring contest =).

Sir,

I do not know you, but most certainly I would like to know you.

As though you are reading my mind, that has made the same thoughts for YEARS now.

1) As I have stated multiple times, Rookies is a MUST. Maybe even for six months. No one can take a "newborn child" and throw it in the water with the sharks.

2) Verified Elite is the obvious choice. The top crop of our community, people with special talents and connections directly with the industry. Members that have financial

reasons and OBLIGATIONS to bench.

3) All the rest. Us. Since the vague picture of diversifying leagues based on way of cooling ( especially Novice-enthusiast category where things are even more than vague ), is

gone and long due for an overhaul, which should have happened years ago.

It is actually more simple to understand with a paradigm, unless someone is so heavily preoccupied to "see himself" in the first ten places of any league ( novice-enthusiast-apprentice

extreme ), only to have his ego satisfied in the virtual world of the web, hidden behind a nickname.

So, wanna raise in rankings ?

Improve your knowledge and invest money in cooling. Use Dice, use SS, use Cascade and finally use LN2 and go up the ladder ( seasonal or carrier ).

And finally let's stop this hide and seek to what is ambient and what is not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fasttrack said:

As though you are reading my mind, that has made the same thoughts for YEARS now.

1) As I have stated multiple times, Rookies is a MUST. Maybe even for six months. No one can take a "newborn child" and throw it in the water with the sharks.

2) Verified Elite is the obvious choice. The top crop of our community, people with special talents and connections directly with the industry. Members that have financial

reasons and OBLIGATIONS to bench.

3) All the rest. Us. Since the vague picture of diversifying leagues based on way of cooling ( especially Novice-enthusiast category where things are even more than vague ), is

gone and long due for an overhaul, which should have happened years ago.

It is actually more simple to understand with a paradigm, unless someone is so heavily preoccupied to "see himself" in the first ten places of any league ( novice-enthusiast-apprentice

extreme ), only to have his ego satisfied in the virtual world of the web, hidden behind a nickname.

So, wanna raise in rankings ?

Improve your knowledge and invest money in cooling. Use Dice, use SS, use Cascade and finally use LN2 and go up the ladder ( seasonal or carrier ).

And finally let's stop this hide and seek to what is ambient and what is not.

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have taken the time to get up to date on this small debate and therefore I consider that if for the good of the community 3 leagues are enough I think it is welcome, but it is always necessary to verify that it is equitable for the good of the community.

I do not speak a person who has money to spend on hardware every year or have many supports, but the time I've been in the enthusiastic league has been good and believe me I wish I had the money to go to ln2, but I do not count on it, but without a doubt I'm not complaining as it is a passion to always compete and break my own record and even climb the table, I just hope they make the best decision on which leagues will be eliminated or merged only for the good of all those who compete be elites or apprentices.