HWBOT Community Forums

CPU benchmarks applicable for global points - 2019

Which CPU benchmarks should get global points?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Which CPU benchmarks should still get global points in 2019?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Gunslinger said:

CPU frequency isn't a benchmark ?

Semantics... :)

4 hours ago, zeropluszero said:

We're talking just x265 4K yeah? And only gpupi 1b? 

Will we be voting on 3d as well?

Yes, will make poll soon.

7 hours ago, Casanova said:

Nice pool. What's the cutoff point? Best 3?

Not discussed yet.

No clear winners so far, but there is a clear loser. :D I also selected other for hwbot prime... but I might just be a little bit biased.

• Thanks 1

All of them , except XTU , because it's Intel only and it's buggy.

A couple of remarks to consider and listen to other members opinion.

*Cinebench R11.5 is the only modern cinebench that allows 32bit systems to compete , should we give them a chance for globals ???

*Should we define a cpu core cut off ,(lets say up to 32cores)  to get rid of those server systems from rankings ???

• Like 8

I'm sorry to say this because the developer works hard on it but x265 4k is a cpu killer and should be disabled for globals. I'm not talking randomly either, if you run it on ln2 with a modern cpu there is a greater than 50% chance it won't work the next day

R15 has become a slot machine +(-)30 points on a 6 core. R11.5 is still consistent though figure that out. 

Edited by Splave
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Splave said:

I'm sorry to say this because the developer works hard on it but x265 4k is a cpu killer and should be disabled for globals. I'm not talking randomly either, if you run it on ln2 with a modern cpu there is a greater than 50% chance it won't work the next day

R15 has become a slot machine +(-)30 points on a 6 core. R11.5 is still consistent though figure that out. 

thats why i also avoid x265 and xtu to run anymore, dont care about how much point it gives if my hardware has high possibility to be demaged during running it....

4 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

If we vote on 3d I say we drop all legacy, waaaaay too easy to cheat on those unless someone wants to make a wrapper and drop all old scores.

So... when people want to bench legacy HW, say Radeon 9800 Pro, they are supposed to run timespy on it or what? 9_9 Also rest assured - everything can be be hacked with some effort, even the hwbot API equipped benchmarks.

As to the x265 killing CPUs - you know what they say... no pain, no gain. :P If you are afraid, probably running something easier would be the solution, for example superPI 1M. B| On more serious note - if your CPUs are dying, probably you are pushing it too hard. Every SW using AVX is going to be more heavy on CPU that legacy (non-AVX) benchmarks. But X265 really isnt that heavy, there are many applications that are even worse... much worse in terms of power consumption and heat output. Also when CPU is X265 stable, it is still very far from general stability for every day use... my daily rig 8700k could do 1 hour long 4k 4x overkill easily but crashed during simple handbrake video conversion or gaming.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, havli said:

So... when people want to bench legacy HW, say Radeon 9800 Pro, they are supposed to run timespy on it or what? 9_9 Also rest assured - everything can be be hacked with some effort, even the hwbot API equipped benchmarks.

I'd put anything pre-dx11 as legacy, which for globals no card pre-dx11 would get points anyways so I don't see how it'd be a problem to drop globals for benches that even I can figure out how to glitch.

8 minutes ago, havli said:

Well, this quote " drop all old scores" sounds like you want to remove these benchmarks completely. Removing global points is another matter... which I really don't care about all that much because global points are not interesting for me.

If there's a wrapper then we'll need to drop all old scores as they won't be comparable to scores on the version with a wrapper.

4 hours ago, Splave said:

Oh I agree with that. Crunt of a hard thing to run anyway. O.o Definitely when you guys are benching the best silicon in the world most of the time  

I want to reconsider my vote to xtu. Despite i like to run this bench and see the gains when i push ram timings, it is a well known bugged benchmark and run only on intel second gen or newer. So, disable globals seems the right thing, but maybe keep the hw points...?

As for the x265 i heard that before, it's a cpu killer, but i like it too. Very complex things put on the table...

Edited by Casanova