HWBOT Community Forums

CPU benchmarks applicable for global points - 2019

Which CPU benchmarks should get global points?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Which CPU benchmarks should still get global points in 2019?

This poll is closed to new votes

35 minutes ago, Rauf said:

I like TS physics also, but I think you need to run full test to get proper validated score? 

Ah yeah there's that too :/

I've been talking to UL sometime ago about making a CPU Test preset(Including a CPU Stress Test Preset), so it can be run with a single click just like the normal benchmark and be validated. They seem interested about it, and they have 2D/CPU Ranking board already, but not sure if/when they will implement those 'CPU' benchmark presets.

Edited by Lucky_n00b

On 12/9/2018 at 6:47 PM, Fasttrack said:

Folks,

Might sound irrelevant, not sure though if it is...

Did anyone else notice that only 71 members have voted ?

Is that a 0.00001% of active members or less ?

Does the community have no interest in poles ?

Is the community tired of multiple changes and changes and changes ?

Is the community not interested in Global points ?

Whatever the reason (s), the sample voting is so small, that I wonder if this pole can be seriously taken into account.

This is an important point.

IMO, we have less votes because this poll isnt being advertised properly, I didnt even know it existed till I stumbled upon it in forums. Can @richba5tard please advertise the existence of this poll on the frontpage so we can get more people to chime in? 

I have no issue with how the votes stand currently, but later on there's always someone who complains that they didnt get their opinion heard.?‍♀️

Edited by rtsurfer
  • Like 1

• Members
3 hours ago, rtsurfer said:

This is an important point.

IMO, we have less votes because this poll isnt being advertised properly, I didnt even know it existed till I stumbled upon it in forums. Can @richba5tard please advertise the existence of this poll on the frontpage so we can get more people to chime in? 

I have no issue with how the votes stand currently, but later on there's someone who complains that they didnt get their opinion heard.?‍♀️

Done I think

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 11:37 PM, Splave said:

I'm sorry to say this because the developer works hard on it but x265 4k is a cpu killer and should be disabled for globals. I'm not talking randomly either, if you run it on ln2 with a modern cpu there is a greater than 50% chance it won't work the next day

R15 has become a slot machine +(-)30 points on a 6 core. R11.5 is still consistent though figure that out. 

Can see the point on x265 4k. Am just running dry ice in my pot and all other bencher softwares is ok  for a regular OC session. The moment you turn on 4K despite same clockspeeds there is not way to keep even the alcohol in the pot as it runs so hot its mad. Seems to be an instant CPU degrader. I guess most of us are not sponsored with CPU's so to not have people unknowingly ruin their CPU's even after a simple session. (yes I know OC is always a risk and up to me;-) as user but yes remove the 4K and instate the 1080p instead?

• Confused 1

On 12/31/2018 at 3:46 PM, Matsglobetrotter said:

Can see the point on x265 4k. Am just running dry ice in my pot and all other bencher softwares is ok  for a regular OC session. The moment you turn on 4K despite same clockspeeds there is not way to keep even the alcohol in the pot as it runs so hot its mad. Seems to be an instant CPU degrader. I guess most of us are not sponsored with CPU's so to not have people unknowingly ruin their CPU's even after a simple session. (yes I know OC is always a risk and up to me;-) as user but yes remove the 4K and instate the 1080p instead?

Just bench AMD. 4K is the better bench, let's not get one flaw we have no control over get in the way of that.

I'm not EVEN in the same room as Spave when it comes to HW, Points, Being Elite, Well Know, Ect, Ect.  We ALL take a risk when we Overclock something. CPU, GPU, Memory, Motherboard, Ect, Ect. If you are not willing to lose a piece of HW when OCing, then don't OC it. If to be 1st with a i9-9900k at 8GHz is to run it with 2.15v using LHE, that is you. If it breaks, don't whine about it. You know full well that Hardware can and will break. If you lost the i7-7700k while running x264 4k, where you trying for a World Record or a Top Score?? The CPU's that where lost to x265 4k, where they being push to finish within the top 10???

I have several sets of G.Skill memory but I'm not willing to find out if they will run at DDR4-4000+ at 12-12-28 1t. If you have a set and you fry them, is it your Fault or the Bench SW that you where running??

I broke my i7-8700k {De-Lidded) that was working in my ASrock z170 OCF motherboard. Is it ASrocks/Splaves fault that it broke or My Own for modding it so that it would work/run in a z170 motherboard.

My wife coined a saying for what I do to simplify the explaining. It's like NASCAR but with computers :)

Thank You For Your Time

Edited by MaddMutt
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, MaddMutt said:

I'm not EVEN in the same room as Spave when it comes to HW, Points, Being Elite, Well Know, Ect, Ect.  We ALL take a risk when we Overclock something. CPU, GPU, Memory, Motherboard, Ect, Ect. If you are not willing to lose a piece of HW when OCing, then don't OC it. If to be 1st with a i9-9900k at 8GHz is to run it with 2.15v using LHE, that is you. If it breaks, don't whine about it. You know full well that Hardware can and will break. If you lost the i7-7700k while running x264 4k, where you trying for a World Record or a Top Score?? The CPU's that where lost to x265 4k, where they being push to finish within the top 10???

I have several sets of G.Skill memory but I'm not willing to find out if they will run at DDR4-4000+ at 12-12-28 1t. If you have a set and you fry them, is it your Fault or the Bench SW that you where running??

I broke my i7-8700k {De-Lidded) that was working in my ASrock z170 OCF motherboard. Is it ASrocks/Splaves fault that it broke or My Own for modding it so that it would work/run in a z170 motherboard.

My wife coined a saying for what I do to simplify the explaining. It's like NASCAR but with computers :)

Thank You For Your Time

I beg to differ. Yeah i have no problem burning my equipment if i felt like it and have no gripes if I do. However if I OC 20 different benchers in a safe environment with safe voltages and then run x256 4K with the same settings and that particular one is likely to ruin my hardware then yes I do consider that it should be removed from the main point ratings as a point accumulating software.  I am fully aware that stress test on Prime95 is a potential issue and so dont run it. I state this based on that 99.9 % of the people here are not sponsored with such hardware and if the intention is to see a sport grow on the HWbot then that might be a better option.

Yes me too de-lidded my CPU's none broken yet. but yeah I have 2 burned GTX 780's (due to heat and humidity with the boards dripping of water in the tropics ,I have a partially working 5960X some crazy AMD processor that is out on greener pastures due to me not dissassemblying the  pots after the session. A partially working GTX 1070 (well it works but overheat as something on the board is gone after a Dice session so who cares. They are mine and I had fun while it lasted:-) and is part of my learning process of what to do and not to do ? And no I am not trying for the world records as I know  LN is needed for the same. Im not running nascar im running formula carting.

Anyone doing OC will break hardware eventually but if a particular software is standing out above all the others for a reason then yeah get rid of it or modify it so it is reasonable.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Matsglobetrotter said:

I beg to differ. Yeah i have no problem burning my equipment if i felt like it and have no gripes if I do. However if I OC 20 different benchers in a safe environment with safe voltages and then run x256 4K with the same settings and that particular one is likely to ruin my hardware then yes I do consider that it should be removed from the main point ratings as a point accumulating software.  I am fully aware that stress test on Prime95 is a potential issue and so dont run it. I state this based on that 99.9 % of the people here are not sponsored with such hardware and if the intention is to see a sport grow on the HWbot then that might be a better option.

Yes me too de-lidded my CPU's none broken yet. but yeah I have 2 burned GTX 780's (due to heat and humidity with the boards dripping of water in the tropics ,I have a partially working 5960X some crazy AMD processor that is out on greener pastures due to me not dissassemblying the  pots after the session. A partially working GTX 1070 (well it works but overheat as something on the board is gone after a Dice session so who cares. They are mine and I had fun while it lasted:-) and is part of my learning process of what to do and not to do ? And no I am not trying for the world records as I know  LN is needed for the same. Im not running nascar im running formula carting.

Anyone doing OC will break hardware eventually but if a particular software is standing out above all the others for a reason then yeah get rid of it or modify it so it is reasonable.

Here's a thought: run different voltages for every bench instead of using a one-size-fits-all policy. It will improve your scores and kill less hardware.

Edited by unityofsaints
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matsglobetrotter said:

guess what.. I do know how to tweak voltages so no need to go to such ignorant levels. We still concur with what Splave wrote.

What you said was that you run the same voltage for 20 different benches and expect the chip to survive them all. What I'm saying is that 4K needs less voltage as it is hotter - what's ignorant about that?

10 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

What you said was that you run the same voltage for 20 different benches and expect the chip to survive them all. What I'm saying is that 4K needs less voltage as it is hotter - what's ignorant about that?

simply different incremental approach......sighhh,. If you look at my submissions you would probably find that there is both different clocks and voltages on just about any submission. Meanwhile yes I incrementally increase voltages and run different benchers. and one sticks out as a sore thumb when I used DRY ice and was quite surprised by the fact  (and other users had noticed a similar point) and no I have never burned a CPU because of the 4K .   So yes I prefer to have another bencher in the CPU category for points than the X265 4K irrespective what voltages I would run and that preference was the 1080p version. You will never agree and that is perfectly ok. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2019 at 1:40 AM, Leeghoofd said:

if it prone to fail it will fail, no matter on water or liquid nitrogen... I haven't killed  a single CPU yet with this benchmark, but I don't push as hard as some

On 2/24/2019 at 12:59 AM, miker2ka said:

Does anyone heard of a dead cpu in x265 4k on ambient (water)? Or it happens only when you go extreme?

It should only be on ln2 because of the thermal expansion, at least for the way that most people talk of where it works to the end of session then doesn't ever post after that session. But it's also possible to just kill it during the bench on any cooling as it is a relatively high power draw application and can't handle the same voltages as some other benches.