Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums
richba5tard

GPU benchmarks applicable for global points - 2019

GPU benchmarks applicable for global points - 2019  

102 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which should still be applicable for global points?

    • Aquamark
      34
    • 3DMark01
      49
    • 3DMark03
      59
    • 3DMark05
      51
    • 3Dmark11 - Performance
      86
    • 3DMark Vantage - Performance
      75
    • 3Dmark Firestrike
      64
    • 3Dmark Firestrike - Extreme
      64
    • 3Dmark Firestrike - Ultra
      59
    • 3Dmark Time Spy
      75
    • VRMark - Orange Room
      28
    • Catzilla 720p
      32
    • Catzilla 1440p
      31
    • Catzilla 4K
      29
    • GPUPI - 1B
      72
    • GPUPI - 32B
      55
    • 3DMark06
      59


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, zeropluszero said:

I liked it better when you were gonna do a 750. 

changed it just to piss you off, and it did , grow up boy, youve met your match with me if you wanna sling it 😀  !!!

are you quite happy now disrupting a thread for no reason ? , yes i had part in it,  but wont apologise for my part either , is that all you do just do stupid posts for no reason ?, what a boring life you have

you dickhead

Edited by ozzie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry guys, didnt mean to disrupt the thread but i wont stand for some dick to come in when someone asks a legitimate question then gets a smart arsed answer for no reason , hes known for it, why the hell he dont grow up and become a man is beyond me, you can say why arent i a man to ignore it, and ill tell ya, coz too many of the "so called" men ignore everything in life to suit themselves, but they got no balls to do or say anything about any of it !!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zeropluszero said:

I feel bad digging on a 62yo. 
Ozzie you going to do a 721blck for Australia with that i45 & I'll be ya bitch? 

Fixed your spelling mistakes. Ozz tweak his nipples & flick his big ears for result :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ozzie said:

changed it just to piss you off, and it did , grow up boy, youve met your match with me if you wanna sling it 😀  !!!

are you quite happy now disrupting a thread for no reason ? , yes i had part in it,  but wont apologise for my part either , is that all you do just do stupid posts for no reason ?, what a boring life you have

you dickhead

I guess I am half the man you are, sorry, half your age.
I mean largely its stupid posts when I'm online, but I amuse myself and thats the important thing.

14 hours ago, 5erveD said:

Now would be a good time to pull out the ignore list card.
Use it in your advantage

Sometimes you gotta bring people back from the ignore list for good banter though.

14 hours ago, ozzie said:

sorry guys, didnt mean to disrupt the thread but i wont stand for some dick to come in when someone asks a legitimate question then gets a smart arsed answer for no reason , hes known for it, why the hell he dont grow up and become a man is beyond me, you can say why arent i a man to ignore it, and ill tell ya, coz too many of the "so called" men ignore everything in life to suit themselves, but they got no balls to do or say anything about any of it !!!!!!

when did this become about me being a man? why would I want to be a man? 

12 hours ago, avalanche said:

Fixed your spelling mistakes. Ozz tweak his nipples & flick his big ears for result :P

nippletweak, i always forget to apply that when running AM3. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why no love for Aquamark? It's quick, tweakable and one of the few benchmarks not made by Futuremark / UL. It's also already got a wrapper so is more future-proof than most 3D benches.

Edited by unityofsaints

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, unityofsaints said:

Why no love for Aquamark? It's quick, tweakable and one of the few benchmarks not made by Futuremark / UL. It's also already got a wrapper so is more future-proof than most 3D benches.

It's not even remotely secure and really nothing more than yet another CPU benchmark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gunslinger said:

It's not even remotely secure and really nothing more than yet another CPU benchmark.

'01 and '03 are similar yet they're getting significantly more votes. I also didn't intend to imply that the wrapper in and of itself makes the bench 100% secure, I just wanted to point out that the wrapper exists at least so we're one step further there than with '01 and '03.

@richba5tard any particular reason Heaven and Superposition are not listed at all? I feel the vendor support there is quite a bit better than for Catzilla (which is listed)

Edited by unityofsaints
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heaven ftw! Maybe also superposition, never ran it but we are lacking in modern GPU benchmarks. Only have Time Spy which is actually a proper modern GPU benchmark. Port royal has no CPU test and only one GT, so not sure about that. Doesn't feel like a proper benchmark. More of a feature test.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 2:59 AM, unityofsaints said:

'01 and '03 are similar yet they're getting significantly more votes. I also didn't intend to imply that the wrapper in and of itself makes the bench 100% secure, I just wanted to point out that the wrapper exists at least so we're one step further there than with '01 and '03.

@richba5tard any particular reason Heaven and Superposition are not listed at all? I feel the vendor support there is quite a bit better than for Catzilla (which is listed)

No, I just took the list of current benchmarks with points enabled. Adding Heaven to the poll would be late now, but I sure consider it for the final list.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3dmark03 sucks if you can tweak the clocks to blank the last bits of each test you can increase the score by thousands of points with out it looking suspect.

I love picking up old/cheap shit and benching them so would like to keep all the old benches, modern cards are boring, to locked down and bloody costly.

Please let us cash poor guys still have a chance to at least get a few points.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Plasma_Carrot said:

3dmark03 sucks if you can tweak the clocks to blank the last bits of each test you can increase the score by thousands of points with out it looking suspect.

I love picking up old/cheap shit and benching them so would like to keep all the old benches, modern cards are boring, to locked down and bloody costly.

Please let us cash poor guys still have a chance to at least get a few points.

Thousands of points is hardly 'without looking suspect'.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets try to keep those benches that are as close as possible to real 3D benching (less cpu speed impact ... 3DMark01 will be an exception)

Keep at least one of each DirectX gen (so we can still use old gen vga's)

Lets consider adding different presets to Vantage and 11 (i would vote for 11 extreme)

Lets add some Heaven also.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 6:45 PM, Mr.Scott said:

Thousands of points is hardly 'without looking suspect'.

Depends on the total score. With a 1080ti would you notice, a Geforce4 Ti yes probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all who voted and helped us decide which benchmarks should be applicable for gpu global points. VRMark, Aquamark and Catzilla(all), will no longer be applicable for global points when the next update is pushed to production. ETA this week.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rip aqua, you are too old now 😭-Rip catzilla, you won´t be missed O.o:P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, richba5tard said:

Thanks all who voted and helped us decide which benchmarks should be applicable for gpu global points. VRMark, Aquamark and Catzilla(all), will no longer be applicable for global points when the next update is pushed to production. ETA this week.

Thanks this is a good move. Crap support from the bench maker and buggy = get rekt 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Are you adding some new (or old ones) because with the removal of catzillas there are not so many modern 3d left. Vantage is cpu benchmark, 3d11 is also very cpu dependant, at least for sli/wr points.

That leaves Time spy and Fire strikes. Fire strikes are not very good benchmarks anymore. They behave very strange some times and scale with strange things like output resolution. Especially combined test is kind of bugged.

Gpupi is not a real 3d benchmark in my book and it is nvidia compute cards territory...

 

Edited by Rauf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No plans no, but if the community votes to add a specific benchmark I won't stop it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would prefer to keep aqua, we've got enough 3d benches that take several minutes to run. I like aqua as it's fast and I think fun to run

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are forgetting this is about global points. I'm assuming hw points are kept. Aqua is not a 3d benchmark since a long time... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×