HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT does not work?

NATA 58

Strange thing, I was surfing in hwbot.org database in the afternoon Greece time (before 12 hrs or so) looking for hd6870 results, when I jump into the discussion about new revision (R8? Classic?).  So in this discussion I found the link for the new revision and I follow the link as I was curious about how looked out(https://uat.hwbot.org). I logged in and everything were smooth, descent speed, results browsing OK, but no pictures at all and forum not accesible - the only negative I noticed. Then logged out and tried to continue the database search - huh!!!! No responce from hwbot.org and error on Chrome browser. I thought it was me, but as it seems is something general. Luckily that this forum link works.

Varachio

Edited by varachio

I wouldn't do this. UAT uses a database taken from original hwbot and I don't think syncing this "outdated" (let it be 2-3 days older before hwbot went offline) to the main db is a good idea etc. They will have a lot of issues when rev8 goes to public so another syncing task should be avoided if possible. Anyway, why can't you wait a day or two?

12 hours ago, TerraRaptor said:

I wouldn't do this. UAT uses a database taken from original hwbot and I don't think syncing this "outdated" (let it be 2-3 days older before hwbot went offline) to the main db is a good idea etc. They will have a lot of issues when rev8 goes to public so another syncing task should be avoided if possible. Anyway, why can't you wait a day or two?

I have no problem waiting... i simply posted a question that is interesting to get an answer on.

With the architecture behind i would imagine its an SQL database containing the data. Then a boint calculation engine and a presentation layer. But i have no detailed understanding of how they built the site

I know the team would not switch between ver7 to  ver8 without announcing so on front page:-)

I got an alert that hwbot went down but as I was on a surprise weekend for my wifes birthday I could not do anything but reboot the server remotely. Unfortunately that did not solve the issue. Sorry about the downtime!

Rev8 on UAT seems to work well and I no longer hear major complaints. It will go live "soon".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4