HWBOT Community Forums

Poll - how many hardware submissions should counts towards season points?

Poll - how many hardware submissions should counts towards season points?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - how many hardware submissions should counts towards season points?

This poll is closed to new votes

starting jan 1 you have 1 year....you bench 50 subs for hw points.....next january you start at 0 and you have 50 more subs to make. 

This will open pandoras box of sand bagging yourself, deletion of old score, just more unnecessary BS and drama. We are heading towards HWLoopholeBot 

But if thats what the people want then cool I wont sub in it. :D just tell me to shut up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Tbh, I dont see where hw-points fit in in a seasonal ranking whatsoever. To me hw points are supposed to be the "stable" points.

And if you add background requirements, correct cpu-z version, full screenshot... You will get 90% of rookie submissions reported.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Crew
8 hours ago, Rauf said:

And if you add background requirements, correct cpu-z version, full screenshot... You will get 90% of rookie submissions reported.

Well it is the only way to counteract the loop hooling actions some already are planning for something that isn't even effective... We implemented this already in the last Country Cup and it went pretty smooth for most... either we allow everything or we go insanely strict...

Someone told me OC is self destructive like +/-10 years ago... till now that remark is still valid... and I fear it will never change...

• Like 1

• Members

Having fewer results doesn't stop people submitting, simply tries to put quality over quantity.

Having a 'season background' would work, but I feel it would have to be treated as a comp, where users have to click to enter it as a season score, with a note saying the needed background is required etc, as otherwise the amount of incorrect subs would just be ridiculous.

Good luck with 50 hw points submission, i admit i voted 50 becuase i misunderstood with carrer total hw points, this is non-sense. Quality over quantity, you are reorganizing the database because it was too hard to keep evidence and now 50 hw points slots per year  :D

You want mediocrity, bench every weekend whatever you can , year after year. You want stellar results? Wait, there are cards and cpu's to be binned, e-powered, lucky runs etc. 50 of those and repeat year after year.

You are overcomplicating a hobby which is already a niche few people from outside ( and a lot from inside also i might add) can understand. Overclocking is about pushing limits not benching every integrated controller under the sun in chase for hw points that NOBODY cares about.

Also would be nice if some of you guys would stop being rude to Splave, he is a good guy and deserves a little bit more respect. The bad guys that led to this situation the hwbot is right now are long gone and also rebranded ffs... 

Edited by Alex@ro

1 hour ago, GeorgeStorm said:

Having fewer results doesn't stop people submitting, simply tries to put quality over quantity.

Having a 'season background' would work, but I feel it would have to be treated as a comp, where users have to click to enter it as a season score, with a note saying the needed background is required etc, as otherwise the amount of incorrect subs would just be ridiculous.

Screenshots ... no crops. The time & date in the task bar.

The discussion before of inactive members adding TPP. What happened there?

If we are going forward REV9 ... then it's a search again for the best hardware to make points. Treasure chest :) I enjoyed watching NATA58 benching 9900K 3D

_____

If I had an angle O.o then it would be enthusiast & their efforts. 1x person 1x vote still the same as most of us guys/ gals on water cooling doing scores.

18 hours ago, avalanche said:

Screenshots ... no crops. The time & date in the task bar. 

Can't do that because vital utilities like Afterburner HWBot edition require the date to be set to 2015.

I do agree though that crops shouldn't be allowed in general in order to aid the moderation process in other ways. 

Edited by unityofsaints
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Alex@ro said:

Good luck with 50 hw points submission, i admit i voted 50 becuase i misunderstood with carrer total hw points, this is non-sense. Quality over quantity, you are reorganizing the database because it was too hard to keep evidence and now 50 hw points slots per year  :D

You want mediocrity, bench every weekend whatever you can , year after year. You want stellar results? Wait, there are cards and cpu's to be binned, e-powered, lucky runs etc. 50 of those and repeat year after year.

You are overcomplicating a hobby which is already a niche few people from outside ( and a lot from inside also i might add) can understand. Overclocking is about pushing limits not benching every integrated controller under the sun in chase for hw points that NOBODY cares about.

Also would be nice if some of you guys would stop being rude to Splave, he is a good guy and deserves a little bit more respect. The bad guys that led to this situation the hwbot is right now are long gone and also rebranded ffs... 

With respect........  I have to ask how is benching any and everything you can get your hands on mediocrity? ?

That's what you do to get points however you can.

Don't forget this is a site for competition and that means any and everything is fair game so long as it's done within the rules of the site. Doesn't matter what you run, there is no such thing as points that doesn't matter because each and every one counts in the end, saying only points from the newest stuff counts is just ridiculous.

Not everyone can bench the newest stuff because it costs money to get and in some cases it's really expensive or in a few rare instances, not even available, at least until everyone else has already had a crack at it with the pieces being sought. If it doesn't cost you anything, either you're just lucky or sponsored which most here cannot claim. If I can get a few points from benching something I've had lying around forever I'll do it - I do care about the points and summing it up as "No one cares" about those isn't accurate at all.

BTW I did that recently with a board I've had for over 15 years and yes, those counted too and I'll take 'em however I can get 'em (By the rules of course).

Maybe to you it's not worth much or anything and I can understand that because for some it's just not worth the trouble for so little in return...... But I'll also say that's just you and your singular situation, doesn't apply to everyone else's situation here and it's not right to impose that on others trying to earn a few with whatever they can get to even give it a shot with. 

As for Splave, the community as a whole supports him and he's well earned that respect - If someone is being disrespectful just call them out on it, I can assure you we've got his back.

He certainly has my respect.  ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Alex@ro said:

With mediocore result the point is mediocore too, i voted for 50 hw foe seasonal because why not? It can be not too costly and why would afraid it? If it 50 global per season that im afraid, you can sub 50 global a season that worthy? Im afraid my money cant keep it up with 50 global a season. Even 10-15 is already hard enough for me xD