HWBOT Community Forums

Cautilus' Rev8 Proposal

Change the date for CC - that I could get behind

On 1/19/2019 at 4:41 AM, NATA 58 said:

as always, enthusiastic league is penalized

On 1/19/2019 at 7:29 AM, Berhof007 said:

If u want to compete against extreme and elite guys, you should use better cooling (SS, DICE, LN2..) and stop crying

Here's your answer. 

On 1/19/2019 at 7:00 AM, Mr.Scott said:

Enthusiast league should be abolished. Leagues divided by temp will always be cheated on.

This

On 1/19/2019 at 8:09 AM, Berhof007 said:

So in your opinion PKBO is cheater and NATA58 is a #1? NATA58 is attaching same rig photo everytime and photo, so photo isn't matching used hw + it's impossible to verify used cooling

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

On 1/19/2019 at 5:42 PM, NATA 58 said:

here nobody cries o.k? abolish all the leagues and do just one

Even better. 

• Like 1

Many sensible proposals in here, especially the re-timing of CC. Leagues and achievements imo are a big can of worms because there are as many people who like the current setup as there are who want it to change - for me these would be candidates to exclude from the Rev. 8 update and revisit later as I 1) don't see any urgency to change something right now 2) think they could make people sour on the whole Rev. 8 update if done the "wrong way".

5 hours ago, richba5tard said:

Good write-up and happy to see people mostly agree with you @Cautilus. I should hire you for PR. ? Most of your suggestions will be implemented in rev8.x, though not all in the initial launch.

Cheers, Rich ?, happy to help. Glad to hear most of the suggestions will get implemented eventually. Just curious if you'd be able to say which things are going to be implemented sooner and which ones later?

Also re: all the people discussing leagues, I think it is a very hot button topic that requires more structured debate/polling, as we need to gauge opinion on the various suggestions/ideas that have been put forward. I firmly believe we should have a community consensus before moving forward with any changes, therefore postponing any changes to leagues is probably a good idea.

Edited by Cautilus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cautilus said:

Cheers, Rich ?. Glad to hear they'll get implemented sooner or later. Just curious if you'd be able to say which things are going to be implemented sooner and which ones later?

Also re: all the people discussing leagues, I think it is a very hot button topic that requires more structured debate/polling, as we need to gauge opinion on the various suggestions/ideas that have been put forward. I firmly believe we should have a community consensus before moving forward with any changes, therefore postponing any changes to leagues is probably a good idea.

Did you see this thread?

• Confused 1

Yeah I know we had that thread, but as you can see the result of the poll was inconclusive because it was split roughly half and half, so we need to find a compromise that both sides are going to agree to, so we can have community consensus. There were lots of opinions and ideas thrown around, but it's hard to see what ideas have support or not, and I don't think there was a firm consensus that most people agreed upon. That's why I'm suggesting structured debate/polling so we can see where the community's heads are at so that we can reach a compromise and thus consensus. E.g. like:

Q1

Would you implement the changes to member leagues as outlined in Cautilus' Rev8 proposal? Yes/No

Q2

Would you implement a 4 league solution with SS and all chillers included in Enthusiast (Novice/Enthusiast/Extreme/Elite - extra details would be contained in the post)? Yes/No

Q3

Would you implement a 3 league solution (Novice/Non-sponsered/Sponsered - extra details would be contained in the post)? Yes/No

Then people can debate the various options presented or iterate on those ideas to make better ideas, and hopefully we'll arrive at a sufficiently accepted conclusion.

I don't think we should make a drastic change to the system because 52% of the community voted in favour of it, we need to find something that should have 60 or 70% support, if it exists.

Edited by Cautilus

Alright so after some discussion with other members, @richba5tard I have a few more suggestions for future minor revisions (probably for the March Rev8.2):

• Career ranking should include top 5 or top 10 competitions, I think competitions should have some sort of persistent effect, and limiting it to top 5 or top 10 should ensure that people who haven't been around as long as others won't be unfairly disadvatanged by a large margin.
  • Seasonal ranking should just simply include all competition results for that season, just to simplify wording instead of "top 5 comps" or whatever.
  • We should be able to see where you placed in seasonal leagues in the past, I think this will help improve the meaning/usefulness of seasonal ranking, so that the ranking won't feel like it's for nothing and just evaporate after 31st December.
    • e.g. just add a new section on your profile that says something like: "2018 season - achieved 9th in enthusiast league, 5th in Australia etc."
  • Comps need to have a better method for assigning points to participants, as at the moment I think they're a bit arbitrary with some getting more or getting less.
    • I think a primary contributing factor should be the number of participants/submissions, more people/subs -> more points, capping at say 50 participants?
  • Socket points or socket rankings sound like a good idea.