HWBOT Community Forums

Poll - competition points for career league

Should the career league include competition points?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should the career league include competition points?

• No, as new members can not possibly compete with existing members as the competitions are closed
    • Yes, but limit to 5 highest points
    • Yes, but limit to 10 highest points
    • Yes, but limit to 30 highest points
    • Yes, but limit to 10 highest competitions points of this year (same as seasonal)
    • Yes, unlimited

• Members

Would also quickly like to touch on that, I've been a member for almost 10 years, but haven't done that many comps because I didn't have suitable hw, but they've never counted for what I considered the main ranking (league) and so I wasn't that fussed. Having a small number of then count in career isn't taking away anything, as previously they all ran out in 12 months anyway.

3 hours ago, GeorgeStorm said:

haven't done that many comps because I didn't have suitable hw

Lame excuse, Division comps are run two or three times per year and cover everything from x299 all the way down to i3 on the Intel side and Threadripper down to APUs on AMD. Only someone who doesn't own any CPUs or GPUs wouldn't find their hardware represented.

Edited by unityofsaints

With unlimited career competition point, im pushing hwbot to do more competition like before, without this hwbot can't live longer. I know we can make new competition if we want. There is no excuse to limit top 10 or something like that because we lazy to make some competition. To make HWBot great again we need to do greater effort than before :)

Edited by speed.fastest
  • Thanks 1

I'll go ahead and clarify what I was trying to get at with my previous. 

Taking points away from a bencher regardless of time in to make it easier for a new guy to catch up? - NO

Giving the new guys more opportunities to score points they would have to earn themselves? - YES

Limiting this extra chance to earn points to those that's been here for 1 year or less only? - YES

More comps for the new guys to have these chances, perhaps once a month as an example? - YES

Increasing the number of comps period for all - As an example, perhaps establish a quarterly period based comp that runs the entire year? - YES

That's it for me without going into any real detail, maybe there's something here useful to start things with.

• Thanks 1

I didn't read anything in here, so my un-biased opinion.

I think Comp points should only relate to say the "Challenger Series" in one year. Past that, rolls to the next year.

There should be no link from year to year, and then it can be used as a ranking for the year only. Time passes, people stop benching, they are not relevant anymore in that year. This will help distinguish the current and retired benchers.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for an inflated boost to my ranking cause I enjoy the competitions, but fell any competition should be separated from the main database rankings, otherwise we are just going back to Rev7 and it's complexities from having too many "rank" classifications.

• Confused 1

• Members
1 hour ago, KaRtA said:

I didn't read anything in here, so my un-biased opinion.

I think Comp points should only relate to say the "Challenger Series" in one year. Past that, rolls to the next year.

There should be no link from year to year, and then it can be used as a ranking for the year only. Time passes, people stop benching, they are not relevant anymore in that year. This will help distinguish the current and retired benchers.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for an inflated boost to my ranking cause I enjoy the competitions, but fell any competition should be separated from the main database rankings, otherwise we are just going back to Rev7 and it's complexities from having too many "rank" classifications.

This or if competitions included in career then comps should retain points, since career is basically a 'best of' ranking.

It has become more and more apparent that people actually don't know how competition points worked in Rev. 7. IMO it's hard to express an opinion on something if you didn't even bother to figure out how it worked in the first place but whatever, the world is your oyster, c'est la vie and all that.

In Rev. 7, comp points were added and removed from your world ranking on a 12-month, rolling basis. Therefore if you kept your comps activity up they provided a permanent boost to your ranking and if you stopped participating those points would go away. Having people propose this exact same system for Rev. 8 like it's the greatest new idea is hilarious to watch ? 

Edited by unityofsaints
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...