HWBOT Community Forums

Notable retired overclockers

unityofsaints

I browse old rankings a lot so I thought I'd use this time to also pick out some notable retired OCers - there's no bombproof way of telling whether someone is retired so if any of you are still around just reply here and accept my apologies!

• @knopflerbruce - one of the few to run AM2 on LN2, almost 3,000 hardware golds - most ever. No subs since 2017 :(
  • @Christian Ney - memory OC legend and of course one of only 6 people to get the Aquamark achievement :P 
  • @Mad222 - King of AM3 with the only sub 10 mins SP32M. No subs since 2013 but possibly doing some work under the @GalaxOCLab group account?
  • @fredyama - similar to Mad, still occasionally active on group/manufacturer accounts . SP32M records in the 3770K, 7700K and 9900K eras. 
  • @AndreYang - I can't believe he hasn't subbed on his personal account since the Haswell era! His 980X Pifast WR may be the result with the most comments (127)
  • @alibabar - First in the hardware masters rankings by over 10,000 pts even though there are no subs since early 2018.
  • @dhenzjhen - owner of absolutely nuts scores like 7x Titan X Pascal GPUpi and quad-Xeon setups. No subs since 2017.
  • @Massman - knows for being one of the few to be crazy enough to bench iGPUs and APUs on LN2 outside of comps :D 
  • @8 Pack - owner of multiple 3D global podium spots even though he has been inactive since 2017.
  • @Vivi -  still has the 780ti and 290x '03 records after all these years. 
  • @S_A_V - owner of the PCMark '04 record on LN2, on Phenom! Still ranked 5th in Russia after years of inactivity
  • @Ananerbe - strong AMD bencher in the AM2/AM3 era with many 1M/32M podiums and 8.3+ GHz on Vishera
  • @michel90 -  still ranked Top 30 Extreme and #1 in Switzerland after almost 2 years of inactivity. Master of Geforce 200 series legacy 3D and 775 SuperPi
  • @CherV - Not sure how I could miss her in my initial list! By far the top female overclocker of all time and hugely infuential around the FM2 / Ivy Bridge era
  • @The_Game - Expert on the LGA775 socket, still holding two major Wolfdale 1M golds and being in the very small 725 MHz+ BCLK club
  • @Aristidis - Part of the Greek XOC "gang", particularly strong 3D bencher during the Ivy Bridge era
  • @TaPaKaH - King of 775 benching and binning but also a hugely influential figure in the overclocking community for more than decade.
  • @Xtreme Addict - What to say about this larger-than-life figure? He made excellent LN2 OC guides and benched both 2D and 3D (all the way up to 4-way) at a very high level.

Suggested by other members (thanks @zeropluszero, @Fasttrack, @suzuki@Bullant and @Achill3uS):

• @dinos22 - for some reason the first thing to come to mind was that sick G3258 32M and also the 4-way '03 that stayed GFP for 5+ years. Aussie OC will miss you!
  • @sofos1990 - so many insane 3D scores but the sub that sticks in my mind was the full-on crazy scientist DDR3 alltime frequency record with oscilloscopes in the rigpic.
  • @hipro5 - 3D heroics are a little too far in the past for me to judge how amazing they were but that 680+ FSB E8600 all-time LGA775 SP1M record is ridiculous
  • @SF3D - Only one to push the REX to over 700 MHz BCLK valid, but that's a silly achievement to point out here :) Extremely influential bencher with his own line of pots
  • @poparamiro - very prolific classic 3D bencher on chiller, his scores are so ubiquitous in the rankings that I didn't even realise he was retired!
  • @chew* - owner of the all-time Thuban 32M SP32M record and one of only 2 (besides Mad22, mentioned above) to achieve sub 12 mins
  • @K404 - multi-GPU LN2 God who ran everything and anything around the GTX8000 / 9000 era
  • @nachtfalke - the LN2/Cascade/SS version of poparamiro :)
  • @robbo2 - one of only 5 benchers to do 8 GHz on both AM3+ and FM2

Who am I missing? It's kind of weird how so many of them stopped in 2017.

Edited by unityofsaints
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, suzuki said:

Wow sad to hear, I try to beat their chiller 3D scores all the time - last sub in March 2018, maybe just a sabbatical? :(

13 minutes ago, zeropluszero said:

But for real, Vadimua & K404.

I've seen K404's crazy all-LN2 multi-GPU stuff but Vadimua is a new one to me, will have to have a browse around their subs.

Edited by unityofsaints
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

Do you collate scores anywhere public or purely personal?

When there's a group benching event I often contribute my CPUs, board or mems and other people can upload the scores on their account, if they like.
Nearly all of top hardware scores on E2160, E4300, E5200, E6300, E6400, E6600, E6750, E7200, E8400, E8500, E8600 and Q6600 were done with CPUs that I still own.

EDIT: I am also binning 939, 1156, 1366, AM3 and AM3+ (CPUs, board, mems) in parallel because the supply of 775 on eBay has dried out lately. You might see the results ... ehr ... some day :D

Edited by TaPaKaH
  • Like 11

2 minutes ago, TaPaKaH said:

When there's a group benching event I often contribute my CPUs, board or mems and other people can upload the scores on their account, if they like.
Nearly all of top hardware scores on E2160, E4300, E5200, E6300, E6400, E6600, E6750, E7200, E8400, E8500, E8600 and Q6600 were done with CPUs that I still own.

Good thing Sam that you still are active. Respect mate :)

• Haha 1

there are a lot of guys on my never forget list who stopped eariler but learned a lot from them... without ranking or hwbot profile:

TeamJapan (Omega, Newbeetle, kyosen, Cal930) we are very lucky that fredyama and duck is still active :)
Shamino

Kinc&crotale
sampsa&Macci
SF3D
The_Stilt
Andre Yang
No_Name&Joe_Cool
Fugger&Oppainter
hipro&gprhellas
OPB&Predator
giorgioprimo&Leghorn
hiwa