HWBOT Community Forums

Notable retired overclockers

unityofsaints

13 hours ago, TaPaKaH said:

When there's a group benching event I often contribute my CPUs, board or mems and other people can upload the scores on their account, if they like.
Nearly all of top hardware scores on E2160, E4300, E5200, E6300, E6400, E6600, E6750, E7200, E8400, E8500, E8600 and Q6600 were done with CPUs that I still own.

EDIT: I am also binning 939, 1156, 1366, AM3 and AM3+ (CPUs, board, mems) in parallel because the supply of 775 on eBay has dried out lately. You might see the results ... ehr ... some day :D

CAnt wait to see this!

• Like 1

• Crew

Good to see so many names of people, who were important for me starting and growing this passion. Michael @No_Name for being the one to raise popularity of extreme overclocking together with PC Games Hardware magazine in Germany around 2005/2006. George @hipro5 for giving valuable tips when I got my first setup solely for overclocking (E6600 + Asus Striker Extreme + Crucial 10th Anniversary Kit). And of course Charles @FUGGER for providing the forum at XtremeSystems, that would quickly become my home forum since 2007. :)

14 hours ago, TaPaKaH said:

I am still binning and benching, as active as ever. Just not for hwbot :)

I'm probably not the only one who hopes that you will change your opinion regarding HWBOT, re-activate your account and post your scores, as they are a wealth of information and a database of overclocking scores is not complete without the results of your testing.

Edited by Don_Dan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Achill3uS said:

there are a lot of guys on my never forget list who stopped eariler but learned a lot from them... without ranking or hwbot profile:

TeamJapan (Omega, Newbeetle, kyosen, Cal930) we are very lucky that fredyama and duck is still active :)
Shamino

Kinc&crotale
sampsa&Macci
SF3D
The_Stilt
Andre Yang
No_Name&Joe_Cool
Fugger&Oppainter
hipro&gprhellas
OPB&Predator
giorgioprimo&Leghorn
hiwa
Brian y
eva2000
Coolaler
Turrican&ojdr2001 (rip bros)

and so much more...

Great list! 

Shamino still benches for ASUS, Roman even mentions in his latest video that he benched the 28-core. I guess he doesn't upload scores on HWBot anymore but for me that's not retired Similar situation for @TaPaKaH.

14 hours ago, richba5tard said:

@k|ngp|n @FUGGER @coolaler OC Team @oppainter @maci @shamino @onepagebook ...

By the way, a neat way to check for old record holders is to use the record history on a benchmark page:

https://hwbot.org/benchmark/3dmark03/

If people delete there submissions it will not appear here, but I think most are still here.

Calling FUGGER retired is plain wrong, he beat Alan's PCMark 10 WR at 9900K release! :)

Is Kingpin really retired? He Uploaded a bunch of WRs for the last two Nvidia GPU releases (1080ti and Titan V), now I just assume he is still working on perfecting the 2080ti KPE before posting scores.

Edited by unityofsaints
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Radi said:

@Strat 

4 hours ago, ale_belo said:
2 hours ago, speed.fastest said:
1 hour ago, Bullant said:

I didn't realise any of these people were retired, sad! Now I regret making this topic. Maybe there is some hope still for Hideo? Last results in the 8700K era, less than 1 year ago.

Edited by unityofsaints

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 11:15 AM, richba5tard said:

@k|ngp|n @FUGGER @coolaler OC Team @oppainter @maci @shamino @onepagebook ...

By the way, a neat way to check for old record holders is to use the record history on a benchmark page:

https://hwbot.org/benchmark/3dmark03/

If people delete there submissions it will not appear here, but I think most are still here.

Correction (it's a double c)

https://hwbot.org/user/macci/

• Thanks 1

"   Vintage macci. "

Thanks for sharing this. I still remember the 3DMark01 friendly battles between , kingpin , Macci , Hipro5 , Pedro Rocha and Shamino , they were Epic ... , Oh dear how fast times goes by ...

Edited by chispy
  • Like 2

@steponz oh you said notable sorry

@l0ud_sil3nc3 hibernating maybe

@Kal-EL Ran many competitions as well as hurricane relief fundraiser comp for Japan

http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/showthread.php?s=8479faa8215a67c25e129c4c37c518ac&t=4291

@Patch Used to run crazy multi card 3d scores

Bunch of excellent AU guys also

@Deanzo

@uncle fester the beginning is a bit rough but the end is gold

Edited by Splave

On 2/4/2019 at 3:39 PM, Splave said:

You cuck ahhaahahahah

@steponz oh you said notable sorry

@l0ud_sil3nc3 hibernating maybe

@Kal-EL Ran many competitions as well as hurricane relief fundraiser comp for Japan

http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/showthread.php?s=8479faa8215a67c25e129c4c37c518ac&t=4291

@Patch Used to run crazy multi card 3d scores

Bunch of excellent AU guys also

@Deanzo

@uncle fester the beginning is a bit rough but the end is gold

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:55 PM, chispy said:

"   Vintage macci. "

Thanks for sharing this. I still remember the 3DMark01 friendly battles between , kingpin , Macci , Hipro5 , Pedro Rocha and Shamino , they were Epic ... , Oh dear how fast times goes by ...

Good old xtremesystems.org days.

Epic 3D battles (2k1,2k3,2k5,2k6) ... and spi , pifast.

... and now that I recall ... that's where I first met the original bot tags [/bot] :)

edit

I think Macci and oppainter , where a bit earlier than than kingpin and hipro5

Edited by TASOS
  • Like 1

Nice thread, congrats :)however the list is based almost only on hwbot overclockers...

You can take a look at this thread, there are many unknown top overclockers from 90's era (most of then are from japan) that deserve to be on a list:

https://community.hwbot.org/topic/161125-first-ln2-overclock-session-in-history/

I have a lot of old school overclock material here with me, that i collected from my researches and didn't published because it is not extreme oc related, if you wish i can share it.

Imo it is very important to collect and preserve overclock history, i wish i had free time to keep digging about it...

Edited by Casanova
  • Like 2