HWBOT Community Forums

Challengers 2019 Round 1

Leeghoofd

• Crew

K guys time to get crancking again after a month off

To open the field to everyone I want to try out a Low Level Clock challenge in a few divisions. Meaning some divisions will be MHz limited and a few even also temp limited. I already discussed our monitoring options with some very old german moderator.

For monitoring use either: HWinfo V6.00,  CPUID HardwareMonitor Pro or Open Hardware Monitor 

Open Hardware monitor can be downloaded here: LINK

CPUID Hardware Monitor Pro: LINK

HWINFO: LINK

Ensure that the maximum CPU frequency is being monitored and if needed the idle and load temps (during the run)!!!!

Div VII : Intel legacy: LGA1150 or older  socket with a max CPU speed of 4703MHz + Pos. Temp limit
GPUPI 100 v3.3
3DMARK11 PHYSX
(ver link required)
X265 1080P
PI32M

DIV VI: AMD legacy: AM3+, FM1 or older socket with a max CPU speed of  4503MHz + Pos. Temp limit
GPUPI 100 v3.3
3DMARK11 PHYSX
(ver link required)
X265 1080P
PI32M

DIV V: Dual core only, max CPU speed of  5103MHz
GPUPI 1B v3.3
Cinebench R15
X265 1080P
PI32M

DIV IV: Quad core only, max CPU speed of 5203MHz
GPUPI 1B v3.3
Cinebench R15
X265 4K
PI32M

DIV III: Hexa core only, max CPU speed of 5303MHz
Geekbench4 Multi core
Cinebench R11.5
X265 4K

3DMark 11Physx (ver link required)

DIV II: Octa core only, max CPU speed of 5403MHz

Geekbench4 Multi core
Cinebench R15
X265 4K

3DMark 11Physx (ver link required)

DIV I:  max CPU speed of 5503MHz (no LGA 3647)
Geekbench4 Multi core
Cinebench R11.5 (divided per core)
X265 4K

3DMark TimeSpy Physx (ver link required)

This will only work of everybody abides to the speed (and temp limitation) therefore a  general warning is already included in this proposal: get caught cheating and it will be instant ban. I don't care bout your current status or Instagram level. Either you play by the rules or you can find something else to do in the upcoming months.

Current round will focus on 2D only, The next round same CPU specs but with GPU limitation and 3D only. Round 3 will be a mix of 2 and 3D

Example of a valid screenshot:

• no clipping so full res desktop screenie
  • Taskbar fully visible and time
  • CPU-Z for CPU, memory and mainboard tab
  • CPU Maximum frequency and temp ( if required) during the run

optionschallengers.thumb.jpg.deae159a8cb70c6ff3f2bbb3e94235e4.jpg

screenshot.jpg

optionschallengers.jpg

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

• Members
40 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

This will only work of everybody abides to the speed (and temp limitation) therefore a  general warning is already included in this proposal: get caught cheating and it will be instant ban. I don't care bout your current status or Instagram level. Either you play by the rules or you can find something else to do in the upcoming months.

I approve, have yet to exercise mine ??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Why have temperature restrictions if we only have 4.5GHz limit?

More to that, I guess monitoring software like HWINFO should (must) have a possibility to offset the values so it will be easy to trick it. Another trick is - run the test with eg. SS, run the test, open tabs, switch SS off and let the temperature rise.

I think temperature limit should be removed and the frequency limit should be adjusted to meet "average air overclock" for the given DIV#X platforms. Let's say, if the stage assumes the use of Pentium III Coppermine, let the LCC frequency be 1200MHz or 3600MHz for Core 65nm.

• Like 1

• Crew

The above comment is the perfect example how our community always wants to look for loopholes... The Division7 is just an example of how it could look, nothing is defined yet. Hower we will not go that far back in time to also include legacy hardware, that's what OSIBS is for.

Secondly there is no cooling limitation , just a temp limitation for a few stages. Now if you want to take all the hassles of pushing high PLL and co to keep ya CPU within the temp range, that is your choice. If you want to trick things, by using offsets and co there's always the risk of getting caught in the act.

Take into account that if video proof is demanded you will have to be able to replicate your score, if you fail you will get a ban. If some want to take it that far, be my guest.

@suzuki Start date will be mid february, running for +/-2 months

@Mr.Scott I'm all in for participation in as many divisions you want, thus the point calculation needs to be reconfigured if all agree

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think this proposal makes a great challenger stage - emphasizing OS and RAM tweaking.  Count a vote in favor, regardless of the details being discussed above.

Previous temperature limited contests have called for 20C minimums. "Positive ambient temperatures" appears to allow above-zero chilling, ice baths, etc.  That reads like the contribution of the former moderator who had experience in those contests.  Relating to zero is probably easier to moderate than if idle and load temperatures were related to ambient, there being so many ways ambient can vary.

I am also in favor of entering many divisions, with none excluded, and that each division counts as a separate competition for the season and the career.

Edited by jab383
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AutisticChris said:

No Broadwell desktop?

Such as 5775c, 5675c, or "Magic Reform" mobile chips on desktop?

Not sure you are aware, but:

(a) rare as fuck

(b) high possibility that the chips cannot do 4.5g on ambient temps 

so zero care given 

haswell/DC are the only real chips for this. 

Agree withnt countryman, why not have open cooling on RAM, ambient on cpu is fine, could make it interesting 

• Sad 1

i dont care what league your in, theres been cheats in all of the leagues and teams ,  thats a given .........comes down to the person and how honest you are in yourself, what sort of conscious you have ,no matter what league , but youll catch yourself out well b4 admin does, most likely, and i hope you "cheats" blow something up in the process...and thats worth a lot of money too  ??

Edited by ozzie
  • Like 1