HWBOT Community Forums

Challengers 2019 Round 1

Leeghoofd

• Crew

yes, for Division 6 and 7 the processor needs to remain positive, even at idle! Memories can be frozen.

For the other divisions you can go sub zero, no problem. I just want most to be able to reach the set clocks, even on air 

For all Divisions, one of the  proposed monitoring softwares needs to be running in the background during the run, to check the maximum clocks, Also it needs to be in the screenshot, as shown in the example one, a few posts above

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 3

• Crew

Not the plan either to differentiate much, anyway subbing in multiple divisions is allowed.

However point distribution only from one division, apparently the last you sub in!... DiV2-5 is only for specific  x-core CPUs,

In Div 1 is open for all desktop CPUs, CBR15 in Div1 is divided per core (choose your CPU wisely) Not all users will be able to run 5.5ghz like in X265, especially with the 10 or higher core CPUs.

Scores will be dependant on the x-core of the used processor and the cooling used.

Any suggestion to differentiate ?

Edit: upped CPU MHz to 5603Mhz and now CBR15 divided per core

Edited by Leeghoofd

16 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

In Div 1 is open for all desktop CPUs, CBR15 in Div1 is divided per core (choose your CPU wisely) Not all users will be able to run 5.5ghz like in X265, especially with the 10 or higher core CPUs.

Scores will be dependant on the x-core of the used processor and the cooling used.

Now it's sounding like HEDT is allowed too in Division I. That would mean 28/32-core chips sweep these comps (except the Cinebench stage) ?.

Edited by unityofsaints

14 hours ago, NATA 58 said:

usually h2o problem can not compete with ln2. useless these divisions

Considering you only get points from 1 division, so long as there is at least one division H2O can fairly participate in, it's fine. And whatcha know, there's two divisions that are ambient locked. Heck you could probably be competitive in every non-ambient division except for div 1 (and probably div 2) with a good enough 1151 chip on water. So I don't see what your problem is here, as your 8086K could easily compete in div 3 and your 4790K in div 7.

Edited by Cautilus

Wait, What??  Points from only one division?  I was hoping that multiple divisions treated as multiple contests would go a long way to filling the 10 or whatever competitions for the season.  I think the competition aspect should have many contest scores to fill the season so that meaningful ranking lasts longer that two days before the end of the year.

Last year we could pick that one division after the fact.  Now we have to be extra careful to put our best scores into the desired division late in the contest, submitting to the highest scoring division last in order to "choose" it.    I know HWBOT puts up with sandbagging, but this really encourages it.

The competition pages are up, but I'm confused by differences between those and the original post of this thread:

Div I  3dm 11 Physics or Time Spy Physics?

Div II  Cinebench r11.5 or r15?

Div IV  3dm11 Physics or GPUPI for CPU v 3.2  1B

6 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Frederik told me he had the challenger points were configured like this, last sub counted he told me.

I'll check the discrepancies tonite

Not sure on the computational overhead but could we change it to check for what division gets you the most points and automatically do that one? Surely it wouldn't be too hard, just have a function that adds the pts from all div 1, all div 2, all div3, etc for each user then a function to select whichever is the highest. Recalc this at the end of each division to reduce overhead.

7 hours ago, jab383 said:

Wait, What??  Points from only one division?  I was hoping that multiple divisions treated as multiple contests would go a long way to filling the 10 or whatever competitions for the season.  I think the competition aspect should have many contest scores to fill the season so that meaningful ranking lasts longer that two days before the end of the year.

Last year we could pick that one division after the fact.  Now we have to be extra careful to put our best scores into the desired division late in the contest, submitting to the highest scoring division last in order to "choose" it.    I know HWBOT puts up with sandbagging, but this really encourages it.

The competition pages are up, but I'm confused by differences between those and the original post of this thread:

Don't forget that all competitions count towards your oc-esports ranking, even if nobody really cares about it besides a certain aussie that I know of ?, so you do technically get pts for all divisions.

12 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Frederik told me he had the challenger points were configured like this, last sub counted he told me.

I'll check the discrepancies tonite

Previously it was configured so that it would switch your preference to whichever division you last subbed in - that was overrideable in your profile though, I doubt this has changed with Rev. 8 tbh. The dropdown menu is still there:

image.png.b2f2b70c15fcf18d554d142dc4c7915b.png

Edited by unityofsaints

• Crew

Yes nothing should have changed, so if you can override it with that trick, fine by me... I'm not into the points distribution, just trying to keep things sort of running here :p

@Alan_Alberino you can compete in as many stages you want, there still will be TC and CC too... anyway feel free to lend a hand or just  a finger would be nice lol

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Thanks 3

So....  Why the mention of video as a backup validation?  Most people tend to focus on just benching....  So what happens if they don't have video?  It's worded in a way that pretty much anyone could say something about your sub and you're forced to have a video ready, and not everyone wants to waste hard drive space like that and have a ton of videos lying around on a just in case basis...

Hey,

Positive ambient temperatures means above 0 C at all times or ...?
(to me ambient = room temp, but positive temperature means > 0 C)

I want to use chilled water so 5C idle or so, hence my question.

cheers

Edited by bolc