HWBOT Community Forums

Challengers 2019 Round 1

Leeghoofd

Hi,

Seems there is inconsistency in the rules again.

The leadeboards on OC-Esports says CHALLENGER 2019 DIVISION IV ROUND 1 4-CORES ONLY - GPUPI FOR CPU - 1B V.3.3

meanwwhile on  HWBOT rules it also shows Stage 2 -GPUPI for CPU 1B  v3.3

However submissions done by the 2 leaders are 3.2....to which I comment.. Just wasted 2 hours if it now is 3.2 anyway....

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1

Constructive criticism here (I don't mean to make your life any harder Alby),

Is it possible to show all of the rules on the competition page? Trolling through the forum to find what is OK and isn't is hard enough for the veterans here sometimes, for newcomers, they would have no idea what is going on.

This might help those that have no clue gain a bit of a clue before running and failing to submit.

Looking forward to having a bit of a crack at one of the rounds, not sure which one yet.

• Like 2

this has been a problem with competition rules from long ago, regardless of what comp, and ive been in a few over the years, scrolling thru wherever to try find what is what, fair enough in some cases things have to be changed in the rules, but it isnt updated to the main rules as it should be,so all know what the RULES are, it would lighten the load for everyone, even tho i dont bench anymore now, its still a main problem factor with whatever competition , and that purely comes back to management of the "x" whatever comp thats being run

it is high time this was fixed once and for all for clarity for ALL

cheers ozz

I don't know if anyone has found this solution yet but here it is.

For HWmonitor Pro, there was a problem with it not detecting a different CPU if you wanted to swap CPUs for example to try something different, it always shows the CPU the program was initially installed with. While the program doesn't automatically update what it's detecting hardware-wise you can make the program do this without having to reinstall anything.

At the top of the program's dialogue box once the program is running you'll see options such as "File", "View", "Network", ect..... go into the "View" option and you will see a function called "Clear Labels".

Click that and let the program do what it has to and it will then show the correct hardware in use.

You'll have to do this each time you swap hardware to make it show the correct hardware labels but that's how it works.

george

i dunno what the classic page means, but i do suggest this, if all the rules were put on the main page of the comp thats being run then no one has any reason not to know what the comp rules are .

if theres any changes in rules for what ever reason the management of the comp decides for it at the time to benefit the comp then so be it....that gets put on the main page in the RULES of whatever change has been decided on for what ever reason.

so i dont see why the rules cant be put on the main page for what ever comp, the  "rules" as such here in bot have been a long term thorn in both sides as you know, changed as wanted, changed as requested

why not just make a comp, with the rules , final, then let everyone deal with it as best they can, never know do you , might even spice things up a bit  in here for people to try harder for the comp they want to go in

main page ...rules , theres no arguments of the rules...simple , i dont see anything more simple and functional  actually?

Read this thread and you'll understand where this is coming from.

The issue is with the trial (Unpaid) version of HWmonitor Pro, not the regular (Free) version of HWmonitor.

Could be the Pro version once activated (Paid for) will work like the other, no need to worry about it but since most here are using the Pro/Trial version for the comp only it's a "Thing" and that's what I found to resolve this problem.

Honestly I woudn't pay for a proggy to only use it for a single comp, doesn't make sense to.

I've also discovered the deal with "Trial" appearing sometimes with the sensor readout for things like CPU temps can be resolved by simply closing and restarting the program, it seem to be random in what it chooses to do that with.

May have to do it once or twice but it will eventually show the actual readout from that sensor as it should for a valid sub.

Regardless, both will work or can be made to if need be as long as it's legal for the comp.

Edited by Bones

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crew

K to all,  I pulled some X265 benchmarks due to the current rule  (Platform Clock must be enabled for Windows 8/8.1/10)

After talking to the developper this will be modified to avoid confusion:

- Skylake and newer Intel CPU subs don't need the platform clock to be enabled

- Pre Skylake CPUs will sport the rule of: Platform Clock must be enabled for Windows 8/8.1/10 and sortlike Server OSses (2012 and newer)

- AMD users will have to enable the platform clock on Win8/8.1/10 and sortlike Server OSses (Server 2012 and newer)

in case you run an Intel Skylake or newer generation CPU on a server OS and the HPET timer warning pops up you need to enable the platform clock

To those that got their score pulled on Skylake or newer CPUs, plz re-submit, sorry for any inconvenience caused

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 1:45 AM, Leeghoofd said:

- Pre Skylake CPUs will sport the rule of: Platform Clock must be enabled for Windows 8/8.1/10 and sortlike Server OSses (2012 and newer)

in case you run an Intel Skylake or newer generation CPU on a server OS and the HPET timer warning pops up you need to enable the platform clock

To clarify, platform timer can be disabled on W8/8.1 and 10? 

Two lines conflict each other??? or is it ok off for W8/8/1/10 but not Server 2012???

On 3/15/2019 at 2:45 AM, Leeghoofd said:

K to all,  I pulled some X265 benchmarks due to the current rule  (Platform Clock must be enabled for Windows 8/8.1/10)

After talking to the developper this will be modified to avoid confusion:

- AMD users will have to enable the platform clock on Win8/8.1/10 and sortlike Server OSses (Server 2012 and newer) 

To those that got their score pulled on Skylake or newer CPUs, plz re-submit, sorry for any inconvenience caused

seems clear to me

• Crew
3 hours ago, KaRtA said:

To clarify, platform timer can be disabled on W8/8.1 and 10? 

Two lines conflict each other??? or is it ok off for W8/8/1/10 but not Server 2012???

Skylake and newer Intel CPUs do not need to have the timer enabled as they are RTC bug free.

However we have seen some "bugged" subs with an error (regarding HPET timer) in X265. (with a Coffeelake CPU and a Server OS).

The creator of X265 says there is sometimes a detection issue with some server OSses ( probably due to lite versions ) and it is recommended in case X265 gives an error to enable the HPET timer and re-run.

• 3 weeks later...