HWBOT Community Forums

Challengers 2019 Round 1

Leeghoofd

4 minutes ago, unityofsaints said:

Great idea to split up 2D and 3D like that, was always a big ask to get both done well and in time. Will the same 1 division per user restriction apply as in previous years?

Agreed, and I really hope to be allowed to compete in several as we originally were.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

Great idea to split up 2D and 3D like that, was always a big ask to get both done well and in time. Will the same 1 division per user restriction apply as in previous years?

One division per user?? This was a thing.

I did Div 1, 4 and 7 last year. I know only points counted for one but I don't care. It's fun doing them all.

1 hour ago, KaRtA said:

I did Div 1, 4 and 7 last year. I know only points counted for one but I don't care. It's fun doing them all.

Well points only counted in World (now Career) ranking for one of the comps however OC-Esports ranking counted all of them (now called Seasonal). Would be nice to have them count consistently across both rankings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, superpatodonaldo said:

still waiting :D

btw only Pi32M is a single thread bench; if FM2+ (X4 845) is avoid everything is focused on AM3+, otherwise FM2+ is helpful just in one bench (unless multithread results will be divided per core)

Yup this is the big question, ambient 845 beats ln2 am3+ in 32m. For the rest obviously more theadan is win

23 hours ago, KaRtA said:

That's how it was always supposed to be. In usual HWB fashion, it was never implemented or enforced properly.

By running in more divisions than one, but only getting points for one, you effectively block others from points in other divisions. 

• Like 1

• Crew
8 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

so if I change AMD stage to non AM4/TR. Does that make everybody happy?

I took this as a given since you've got it listed in the OP as AM3+ or Older, Also assumed that meant FM2+ wouldn't be included either since Kaveri (first processors to use FM2+
) are newer than AM3+ as well.

12 hours ago, superpatodonaldo said:

with limited low freq AM3+ no need ln2, btw 845 is always better in the Pi32M scenario; also Godavari seems better, don't know about Kaveri

Godaveri and Kaveri are the same arch (Steamroller), both are faster than Piledriver clock for clock.

You guys can do whatever - At this point if it's used, unless I can make HWinfo work I'm already done. 

Error 3033292 (Security update.... WHY IDFH does a hardware monitoring program NEED a security update just to run?) and then something about another error after that. I've already gotten the update to fix 3033292 but the fix refuses to install and throws yet another error as shown below.

I was like "Out of all the programs out there for such, They would just have to pick THE ONE monitoring program that puts you through hell to use"........ Then I was over it. ?

Bad thing is my benching area has no web connection/service too and I've been trying to make it work on my daily here and of course it doesn't.

693724462_BSerror.thumb.jpg.ee219549a41ee345c2f41cbe9fab0413.jpg

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

if you have a better monitoring program, plz advise. Ill check it out on my windows 7 install

edit: Had to install the KB3033929x64 for my win7 X64 SP1 install, afterwards worked fine here, no clue if will work on XP

hzinfo600.jpg

I'll keep working with it and see if I can't get the security patch to install, that being the root of my problem here as my screenie shows.

If I can't, I guess I'm out.

Do what will work best for the comp, I'm not looking to be accomidated or I'd be in contradiction of myself.

I have to assume you've already looked at and rejected OHM that's within the X265 benchmark - That works fine and it's a standalone proggy too if it needs to be.

• Thanks 1

• Crew

K I checked both Open Hardware Monitor & CPUID HWmonitor Pro and can accept them to be used as an alternative for HWinfo. But make sure the required information is visible ( CPU speed and temps if needed)

Open Hardware monitor can be downloaded here: LINK

CPUID Hardware Monitor Pro: LINK

optionschallengers.jpg

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Thanks 4

Hi :)

I love the idea of this upcoming challenge, well done ! A gpu-free contest, that's heaven !!! ?
Pos temp limit means only positive temperature, for div 6 and 7 only. so others can have negative temperatures ?

still not clear, should we keep the monitoring software running during the benchmark? fine with me, just asking ;)

waiting for the kick off :D

Edited by bolc