HWBOT Community Forums
Ocvt

6950x vs high core count cpu's

So I noticed a lot of submissions by H2OvsLN2 use a 6950x. He obviously has higher end hardware and the benchmarks in question scale past 20 threads. Why would he use a 10 core instead of a 7960x or 7980xe

• Like 1

And because he doesn´t get banned for this and enjoys the drama and the entertainment :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zeropluszero said:

Because he can cheat timers with it.

8 hours ago, websmile said:

And because he doesn´t get banned for this and enjoys the drama and the entertainment :)

^^ Exactly what this 2 gentleman said. I still do not understand why he has never been banned for the obvious cheats , obvious for many years and he did stated he was playing with the timers long time ago , so it is well known to the mods and administrators and he keeps on doing it again and again year after year🙄 without any penalties ... 

• Like 1

That's sad. I am fairly new to hw bot but have been doing overclocking for a few years as a hobby and it already seems like there is a big problem with people cheating, like cooling 1.7 volts on a 7700k in an avx workload on an ambient loop, yeah right. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chispy said:

I still do not understand why he has never been banned for the obvious cheats , obvious for many years and he did stated he was playing with the timers long time ago , so it is well known to the mods and administrators and he keeps on doing it again and again year after year🙄 without any penalties ... 

Because there is only one mod.

5 hours ago, Ocvt said:

That's sad. I am fairly new to hw bot but have been doing overclocking for a few years as a hobby and it already seems like there is a big problem with people cheating, like cooling 1.7 volts on a 7700k in an avx workload on an ambient loop, yeah right. 

welcome to hwbot, enjoy your stay.

• Like 2

I honestly think that if you are in the elite league you should be held to a higher standard and have a zero give policy.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, zeropluszero said:

The only thing the elite league stands for is points on current gen ES hardware. 

And in some cases, slightly less scruples.

• Thanks 1