HWBOT Community Forums

[FS:EU] Z170MOCF - 200EUR shipped!!!

Achill3uS

Dear All,
usual sell out, none of these are rejects or defected. im just not using as much to keep it for future. looking for cash only no trades.

#1 Asrock Z170M OC Formula

fully boxed, insulated with thick layer of liquid electric tape, modded for coffee lake support, bios "B" has latest kaby supported bios, bios "A" contains L7.51G as the latest coffee bios. works perfect, used for a couple ln2 sessions and ambient as well but never for a daily. usual socket pins burned once when i first tried it with 8700k and not covered the well known 2 pads on the cpu, however a friend of mine replaced the 2 pins for me to brand new ones. so looks and works like new. i suggest to always cover that 2 pins when using coffee lake, it has no disadvantage or whatsoever. Original invoice is also coming with the board. 

7ADFw0Gh.jpg

aUYauc4h.jpg

ggkDQCOh.jpg

99NhC5th.jpg

KJdpAq4h.jpg

#2 Core i5 8600K L730C318 

cpu is delidded and grizzly condactonaut is under the ihs + glued back. im not the first owner who used condactonaut on the top of the ihs as well thats why its faded a bit, so hard to read the batch and so on but i tried to clean it as much as possible. it is avx prime stable at 5G 1.208v, R15 pass on ambient water at 5.2G 1.27v, 5.25G 1.314v, 5.3G was not stable at 1.35 range so did not push further. this cpu was used as my daily, never tried on cold but i think it should be above average.

FAqlEJFh.jpg

Asking
#1 - 200 EUR shipped within EU !!!
#2 - 275 euro shipped  sold

thanks and regards,
bala

Edited by Achill3uS
  • Like 1

Z170 OC Formula (the atx ones) are listed for $90 or less on eBay and hardwareswap, even at this moment. This includes the price of shipping and PayPal Goods and Services fees.

Edited by AutisticChris
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ozzie said:

tell me ,

Achill3uS

how can 2 pins be replaced , im interested to know, i think others would be also like to know, how do you pull to pins from a socket and replace them without replacing the socket as a whole socket ?? ,

I not personally did it, a friend of mine used to replace pins since s775 era on all kind of motherboards. he has a stock of all kind of pins. socket replace is much more dangerous than just pin soldering he told me. of course there are scenarios when no other solution would be possible. Im not aware of more details of the process itself sorry.

35 minutes ago, Achill3uS said:

I not personally did it, a friend of mine used to replace pins since s775 era on all kind of motherboards. he has a stock of all kind of pins. socket replace is much more dangerous than just pin soldering he told me. of course there are scenarios when no other solution would be possible. Im not aware of more details of the process itself sorry.

Achillus, pin replacement is completely different to pin soldering, you can not resolder a pin in a 775 socket, that requires a socket replacement with a special machine and operator to do it, i know , ive seen it done,  but you can resolder a tip or part of a pin to a socket "with a broken or bent pin that you break off the bent part of the  pin, if youre good enough, that requires a very special ability and technique as im sure youre aware of, that requires a very steady hand, with high visibility and the exact right heat factor to do it successfully to have the replacement pin tip in the right place, i would have a guess attempts 9 out of 10 would fail to be successful,

therefore i personally , would steer as far clear as i could of your board as possible , but thats only my opinion ?

34 minutes ago, ozzie said:

Achillus, pin replacement is completely different to pin soldering, you can not resolder a pin in a 775 socket, that requires a socket replacement with a special machine and operator to do it, i know , ive seen it done,  but you can resolder a tip or part of a pin to a socket "with a broken or bent pin that you break off the bent part of the  pin, if youre good enough, that requires a very special ability and technique as im sure youre aware of, that requires a very steady hand, with high visibility and the exact right heat factor to do it successfully to have the replacement pin tip in the right place, i would have a guess attempts 9 out of 10 would fail to be successful,

therefore i personally , would steer as far clear as i could of your board as possible , but thats only my opinion ?

you must know it better than the guy who used to repair sockets for like 10+ years and by profession he is repairing mobile phone motherboards and has all the equipment and skill to do it perfectly. this is like the 10th motherboard he fixed for me by pin re-soldering. excuse my english that i referred it to replacement. you know what, go and buy a burned board for yourself if you feel it more comfortable to use it. im at least honest person who is selling something at fair price.

• Like 3

THAT is what happens when a gentleman ( first hand experience ) becomes TOO sincere.

1000++ Euros processors are sold on questionable proof ( some times ).

People like to SEE and LISTEN to what seems great and not trust sincere facts.

Bump for a brother, a gentleman, one of the most straight guys I have met either in real life or the web.

GLWS Bala :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1