HWBOT Community Forums

The official Challenger 2019 Division VII round 1 Intel legacy thread.

ADVenturePO

36 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Dual socket is server for sure right...  single socket only... don't pull out my arm lads when I offer a finger ?

Stretching a bit . Not pulling out.

You need your arms for other things ?

I stil Know what you told me on whatsapp before thé comp's  startet " no dual Xeon stages "

Edited by skulstation

Don't close the subject on x79 - I have one... in my personal PC - and it's i7-4960x but it's only 4.7GHz with Noctua NHD14 at liquid metal (for silence). To participate i'd need to take it out and that very time consuming. I have no different x79 MB nor CPU. So I think I'll be able to participate with it till the end of this competition.

Verification screenshot requirements CPU-Z CPU tab CPU-Z Memory tab With Key: Benchmark window (score and run details) Without Key: Benchmark window (view result at 3DMark.com) Web browser with link and score visible Verification link Verification link required for Global Top 20 This rule still applies?

one of my sub for 3dmark 11 physics reported by 'mattfleg' for not running the monitoring tool during the run.

at the top it shows 27.8 min/max which might have led to reporting the sub.

but you can look at

1. memory usage

2. power usage

3. temps below show idle 30/34c and load 49/52c

4. core utilisation 100% on all cores

probably this should justify the sub. 

hw monitor pro is bugged. i have at least half a dozen screenshots showing my i7 8700k as i3 7350k or i5 750 etc. here it's showing i3 4130 as fx-8350(screenshot). now it's asking me to buy the product to show the info. non pro version seems better. now i have started using the non pro version

had my problems with installing hardware info. ask for an update which windows says you don't need it(can give screenshots). but if it works that gives the best possible info. i can run in  xp but not running on windows 7 home premium/ultimate sp1. not tried on win 10

open hardware monitor 0.8.0 beta is only giving clocks but no temperatures. haven't tested much but the in-built ohm in x265 is also problematic but still it gives clocks,temps and all relevant information.  

sub is ranked 17th of 17 submissions. have at least half a dozen processors which can better this but obviously don't have i7 4770k/i7 4790k which is the best bet.

image_id_2141112.png

Edited by ksateaaa23

6 hours ago, ksateaaa23 said:

one of my sub for 3dmark 11 physics reported by 'mattfleg' for not running the monitoring tool during the run.

at the top it shows 27.8 min/max which might have led to reporting the sub.

but you can look at

1. memory usage

2. power usage

3. temps below show idle 30/34c and load 49/52c

4. core utilisation 100% on all cores

probably this should justify the sub. 

hw monitor pro is bugged. i have at least half a dozen screenshots showing my i7 8700k as i3 7350k or i5 750 etc. here it's showing i3 4130 as fx-8350(screenshot). now it's asking me to buy the product to show the info. non pro version seems better. now i have started using the non pro version

had my problems with installing hardware info. ask for an update which windows says you don't need it(can give screenshots). but if it works that gives the best possible info. i can run in  xp but not running on windows 7 home premium/ultimate sp1. not tried on win 10

open hardware monitor 0.8.0 beta is only giving clocks but no temperatures. haven't tested much but the in-built ohm in x265 is also problematic but still it gives clocks,temps and all relevant information.  

sub is ranked 17th of 17 submissions. have at least half a dozen processors which can better this but obviously don't have i7 4770k/i7 4790k which is the best bet.

image_id_2141112.png

The trial version of HWmonitor Pro doesn't seem to automatically update what it's monitoring.

You can however fix that - At the top of the program where you see things like "File", "View", "Network", ect.... Click "View". Then look at what's seen for options in that and you'll see the option to "Clear Labels". Click that and the program will update itself to what's actually in the machine.

Each time you swap pieces to run you'll have to do that but it works.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...