• GT 1030 DDR4 Edition
    • Revisit GT 1030 gddr5
    • APUs
    • Other (Comment suggestion)
    • HD 5450
    • GTX 1050
    • GTX 1050ti

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/25/19 at 01:05 PM

1 hour ago, Splave said:

will you require systeminfo active and valid link for 06, or we will see alot of high gt3 gt4 with post processing disabled :D 

I'd like to move towards that. It must be valid on 3dm site (only excused failure to validate being unapproved drivers), I'd like to see this be more about the hard mods and less about driver mods :)

Speaking of tweaks, nobody knows something super easy like monitor pull in 3dm03 that would make one of these benches a shitshow right?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigblock990 said:

So have you been scouring the depths of the internet to find that rare cedar core weirdo model thats better than all the others? I know that's your favorite passtime ?

Lol, this times it seems it doesn't matter. As long as you don't get a ddr2 model or something and there's enough vram for the bench (all models should have enough) it should just be about mods (I'm sure there's an IC that's best but I don't know what it is)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

Yeah sorry I hadn't realised how close this was. Will start on Monday so I have time to set it up!

You're right, so we'll be starting on time.

22 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

Also as a side note it's Monday the 1st, Friday is March the 29th :)

Totally just looked at the calendar and saw the day for March 1st not Apr 1st :P 

On 3/1/2019 at 7:43 AM, bigblock990 said:

So have you been scouring the depths of the internet to find that rare cedar core weirdo model thats better than all the others? I know that's your favorite passtime ?

Seems I may have a lead on which card is the best, any that has a memory layout that would support swapping with desktop binned memory. AFAIK it's none of them but I'm sure our super sleuths can find it

On 4/3/2019 at 8:55 PM, yosarianilives said:

Seems I may have a lead on which card is the best, any that has a memory layout that would support swapping with desktop binned memory. AFAIK it's none of them but I'm sure our super sleuths can find it

You also need to hope that the memory controller can deal with high MHz etc, but yeah I had a similar idea to you and have practiced removing chips on a dead card :D Although not too successfully might I add....

17 hours ago, ObscureParadox said:

You also need to hope that the memory controller can deal with high MHz etc, but yeah I had a similar idea to you and have practiced removing chips on a dead card :D Although not too successfully might I add....

After looking at a few cards and realizing that they typically come at 800 or 1066 effective which even for crap ddr3 is pretty low so I suspect the IMC has issues.