HWBOT Community Forums

Single stage - Basic noob settings

suzuki

Hey guys, so i bought a ss unit and cannot find settings to make my 7700k a good bencher over 1.45v .

So far what i managed to obtain on Apex 9 and 1.43v it’s only 5700 mhz cb15 stable.

Can you share what voltages/settings you use to maximize your freq as from this point doesn’t scale anymore even if i push 1.6v in it.

F118CD2D-C8C6-4D33-98B6-6A2C03FDDB0A.jpeg

Edited by suzuki

According to my experience on Apex boards you need to play with pll termination voltage and pll brandwith. If you find good combination you will gain best case a couple hundred mhz compared to auto. I would start with level1 and 1.40v range with SS once youre on cold. You can refer to the asus skylake ln2 oc guide, recommended steps are still similar on coffee lake.

Good luck Theodore. 

Edited by Achill3uS
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FUGGER said:

Try going lower in voltage to get more speed on single stage, use LLC over vcore.

Can you explain in detail how you can do that ?

15 minutes ago, Alex@ro said:

Nothing you can do, temperature limit. Chip will take more volts and give you more freq once you go lower on temp.

How come others play with voltages of 1.7v on ambient cooling ,i cannot gain even 50 mhz after 5.7 on 4c/8 or 5.9 2c same voltages@1.45v.

I feel bad knowing that there is still plenty of headroom ,voltage wise ,and my ss even in load stays ~60’s.

1 hour ago, suzuki said:

How come others play with voltages of 1.7v on ambient cooling ,i cannot gain even 50 mhz after 5.7 on 4c/8 or 5.9 2c same voltages@1.45v.

I feel bad knowing that there is still plenty of headroom ,voltage wise ,and my ss even in load stays ~60’s.

Because their chips are different ofc. Alex@ro is correct, you need lower temps to scale more. My 4770K, 7350K & 8700K do the same, 2C 1.425-1.45V max on -20c chilled coolant and 1.55V max on Dice (haven't done dice with 8700k).

Both the 4770K & 7350K have done 6.5G+ on LN2 for what it's worth (@ 1.6V & 1.87V respectively). So it doesn't mean you have a bad chip it just needs to be colder to get more out of it.

Edited by DR4G00N
  • Like 1

Maximum of the cooling.
You can use slow mode between benches for those hard to reach higher clocks.
In other words you let the SS regain it's maximum capacity instead of rerunning the bench straight away.

Although the SS says your temps are in the -60° C this doesn't mean the chip is getting these temps.
There is a difference between these. To measure this you could put a probe on the IHS.
This will give you more info about the delta and the voltages you alter.

• Like 1