HWBOT Community Forums

Looking for Elpida Hypers

TaPaKaH

A few weeks ago I have (re)started playing with AM3 and AM3+.

As a result (and please take it as a warning) I've killed or damaged my entire stock of 4 sticks of Elpida Hyper having never exceeded 1.7 Vmem.

Therefore, I am looking for replacement Hypers to resume on 775, 1156 and 1366.

My standards are high as my platforms can easily run 1050+ with 6-7-5.

Ideally, I'm looking for some Corsair 2000C7 or GTX2 since I've been using these for years without any compatibility or reliability issues.

If you have these and would rather have a pair for sentimental or collector purposes, I can also offer two damaged sticks of GTX2 and two damaged sticks of Corsair 2000C7 in exchange.

Edited by TaPaKaH

Both GTX2 sticks show code '55' when plugged into an M7I. This did not happen when I did a "seasonal" health check some weeks ago.

One of 2000C7 sticks was known to have memtest errors ever since I bought it, but it never caused issues under benching. Now I can't even enter OS at JEDEC without explorer or svchost crashing.

In the last month I spent a lot of time shuffling sticks since Hyper compatibility on AMD is poor, at best. Load-wise haven't done anything remotely dangerious: just binning / efficiency comparison tests at 800-833 6-6-6 with 1.7V. Of course, I ran 2V+ for extended periods of time before which might have causes some non-immediate damage that got exposed and worsened by running on AMD.

• Thanks 2

Probably a bad board, especially if no high voltages used. Can't be 100% sure, but my Hypers are still ok after benching on AM3 numerous times.

I'm the one who "resurrected" one of my GTX2 sticks 2 or 3 times, but as far as I understood his problem is a little different.

As for the SPD flashing, I've found a second board that boots with one good and one dead stick - Crosshair V Formula.

The good stick doesn't really need to be Hyper-based, a random one works too, as long as you have the needed SPD file saved on the drive.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

17 minutes ago, I.nfraR.ed said:

Probably a bad board, especially if no high voltages used. Can't be 100% sure, but my Hypers are still ok after benching on AM3 numerous times.

I'm the one who "resurrected" one of my GTX2 sticks 2 or 3 times, but as far as I understood his problem is a little different.

As for the SPD flashing, I've found a second board that boots with one good and one dead stick - Crosshair V Formula.

The good stick doesn't really need to be Hyper-based, a random one works too, as long as you have the needed SPD file saved on the drive.

what software did you use for flashing the stick ?