HWBOT Community Forums

The official G.SKILL OC World Cup 2019 Online Qualifier thread.

Leeghoofd

• Crew

Taipei, Taiwan – G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd., the world’s leading manufacturer of extreme performance memory and gaming peripherals, is excited to announce the 6th Annual OC World Cup 2019. The online qualifier competition stage will be held from March 13, 2019 until April 16, 2019 on hwbot.org.The top 9 winners of the online qualifier will be qualified to join the live competition at the G.SKILL booth during Computex 2019 week from May 29th to 31st and compete for a chunk of the $25,000 USD cash prize pool.

gskill2.png

Annual World Class Event of the OC Community

With the participation of top overclockers from around the world and carefully designed rules, G.SKILL OC World Cup is considered as one of the most challenging overclocking competition by professional overclockers. The G.SKILL OC World Cup consists of three rounds: Online Qualifier, Live Qualifier, and Grand Final. The top 9 winners of the Online Qualifier will receive eligibility to enter the Live Qualifier stage during Computex 2019 and demonstrate their finest LN2 extreme overclocking skills at the G.SKILL booth.

Competition time:

• Online Qualifier: March 13 - April 16, 2019
  • Live Qualifier: May 28 – May 30, 2019 at G.SKILL Computex booth
  • Grand Final: May 31, 2019 at G.SKILL Computex booth

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

• HWBOT and G.SKILL reserve the right to reject any entry
  • HWBOT and G.SKILL have the right to ask for video proof if needed.
  • Employees of MB/VGA/Memory/CPU/PSU manufacturers are not allowed to compete.
  • No hardware sharing is allowed.
  • It is not allowed to remove submissions once it has been submitted.
  • After the end of the competition, no more submissions or rectifications will be allowed.
  • All submissions must include a picture of their rig (MB, VGA, memory, CPU cooler) during use.
  • All submissions must include a picture of G.SKILL memory with heatsink and serial number. If the heatsink is removed, the picture must clearly show the PCB and IC.
  • We expect fair play from everyone. HWBOT and G.SKILL reserve the right to remove results and/or participants who compete unfairly. The decision is final and will not be discussed afterwards. Examples of unacceptable behavior:
  • Influence others’ submissions to profit your ranking
  • Deliberately make a mistake in the submissions process and ask later for change
  • All submissions must include the official OC World Cup 2019 desktop wallpaper, available soon 

Hardware

• Must use commercially / retail available components. ES is not allowed
  • Participants must use Intel Z390/Z370/Z270/Z170 Platforms
  • Retail Biosses must be used or beta Biosses (release date not later than the 10th of April & available to the Bot users)
  • Participants must use G.SKILL DDR4 memory.

Lucky Draw Prize for online qualifier

G.SKILL Trident Z Royal DDR4-3600 2x8GB(16GB) memory

Current Stages ( finalised )

Stage 1: DDR4 Frequency

Stage 2: SuperPi 32m

Stage 3: Geekbench 3 Memory Performance (Single core benchmark)

Stage 4: 3DMARK11 Performance  v1.0.132(only) on the IGP

POINTS PER STAGE: 50-48-46-42-40-38-36-34-32-30-28-26-24-22-20-18-16-14-12-10-8-6-4-2-0

Raising the Total Cash Prize Pool to $25,000 USD

To give back to the extreme overclocking community, G.SKILL will be raising the total cash prize pool to $25,000 USD for OC World Cup 2019. The champion will receive a whopping grand prize of $10K USD – the largest single cash prize sum in the overclocking community. Additionally, for the first time in the history of OC World Cup, the total number of contestants for the Live Qualifier stage will also be increased from 6 to 9 participants to provide more opportunities for the overclocking community.

For a breakdown of the cash prize at OC World Cup 2019, please see below:

Champion: USD $10,000

2nd: USD $3,500

3rd: USD $2,500

4th: USD $2,000

5th: USD $1,800

6th: USD $1,600

7th: USD $1,400

8th: USD $1,200

9th: USD $1,000

MODERATION IN PROGRESS, a new thread for the Qualified contestants will pop up soon

OCworldCUP2019_2560x400.jpg

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Crew
2 hours ago, Micka said:

1280x1024 pi32m score is ok? like my goc qualifier  https://hwbot.org/submission/3985046_     my simple vga cards  always can not set 1920x1080,and my D-sub monitor is a very old 17 inches xD

no sorry,  you are using the wrong memory brand ?    all data is on it, so off you go!!!

Edited by Leeghoofd

• 4 weeks later...

my memory clock sub is reported by acm_fan, "TWO DIFFERENT MODULES, IT'S CHEAT OR BROKEN RULES"

cheat is a wrong word and should ask for a clarification, it's better if you can avoid using that word without knowing it & should have been avoided, and i have not broken rules. i always go by rules.

when i purchased 3466 kit(in 2016) one of the stick i received is 4140 and that's been always used for higher frequencies. now if you see the sticker it will show only 3466 and timings of that but when you look at spd you will see 4140 19-25-25-45-1t. hence the confusion.

IF ANY ONE GOT DOUBT,  WILL GIVE A VIDEO OF THAT. BUT I AM LITTLE SURPRISED PEOPLE PICK UP LAST PLACED SUB TO REPORT IT. (from 2016 till now all submissions of G.SKILL competitions you will find the same stick pic). WHAT IS USED IS WHAT POSTED IN PICTURE.

edt: could find couple of comps where the same stick is used.

2016 g.skill qualifier

https://hwbot.org/submission/3152004_ksateaaa23_memory_frequency_ddr4_sdram_1997.7_mhz/

2016 team cup

https://hwbot.org/submission/3253137_ksateaaa23_memory_frequency_ddr4_sdram_1987.9_mhz/

3466.PNG

Edited by ksateaaa23

Hi, 
Just in case I get my CPU and motherboard on time (unlikely considering Indonesian Customs, but hopefully my luck will prevail :p),

is there any deadline for BIOS revisions? a.k.a the last day for the bios to be uploaded to HWBOT to be considered public and valid for competition use. Or there is no BIOS deadline?