HWBOT Community Forums

GPUPI 3.2 and 3.3.3 woes on X79 platform

Leeghoofd

• Crew

lo all,

I seems to constantly fail to get either GPUPI 3.2 to save the result file or even getting one loop out of GPUPI 3.3.3 before it crashes

I have tried Win7 SP1 (HPET on or off) , Win8.1 and even Windows 10.  (also enabled all the services, no go)

Tried 2 different biosses on the Rampage IV board,

Tried 3 different CPUs,

Tried OC or stock

Issues with both the AMD SDK or Intel OpenCL 1.2

Tried all settings with the build in tool, no improvement :(

For GPUPI 3.2 the 3.1.1 is almost as fast so that's my backup. However for 3.3 the Legacy version 3.3.2 is way slower sigh....

I have experienced this on some other platforms too, however they sometimes work, but it's more hit and miss.

@Leeghoofd, those are two very different errors.

Crashes while saving the result file are hardware detection problems, they have to be looked at from platform to platform and from GPUPI version to GPUPI version. GPUPI 3.2 is less stable than 3.3 in that regard, but that's what newer versions are for I guess.

Not getting one loop out of it seems to be a fatal error error during the kernel compilation phase. GPUPI 3.3.3 is more optimized and uses less common functionalities of OpenCL. Some of those seem problematic in combination with certain platforms and drivers.

Both problems will be fixed with GPUPI 4 because the hardware detection has been improved (as with every version) and OpenCL will no longer be used for CPUs (so no compilation phase). I will NOT fix any of the GPUPI 3.x versions, they are dead. I can not bugfix two different versions, it is not possible with my already limited time at hand. So all fixes currently go into GPUPI 4, which will be released after BenchMate.

Edited by _mat_

• 7 months later...

I have downloaded GPUPI 3.3.3 ; After successfully completing the horrendous program troubleshooting the bizarre setup requirements, to even get it to work.

Within the GPUPI program, upper menu of tabs, [Submit] > To HWBOT, Save result file, and Validate result file appear to be broken like a "Bethesda" product full of bugs. Jab, Jab Matt ( You are doing fine Matt, don't take it personal, just ill timed humor). Any idea how to complete the score validation process?

X58 Chipset , Asus Rampage II Gene , Zeon X5680 CPU ; Windows 10

GpuPi.png

GPUPI1B_38_487__38_743.png

Edited by 1BadMoJoe
System details

On 11/16/2019 at 3:51 AM, 1BadMoJoe said:

I have downloaded GPUPI 3.3.3 ; After successfully completing the horrendous program troubleshooting the bizarre setup requirements, to even get it to work.

Within the GPUPI program, upper menu of tabs, [Submit] > To HWBOT, Save result file, and Validate result file appear to be broken like a "Bethesda" product full of bugs. Jab, Jab Matt ( You are doing fine Matt, don't take it personal, just ill timed humor). Any idea how to complete the score validation process?

X58 Chipset , Asus Rampage II Gene , Zeon X5680 CPU ; Windows 10

GpuPi.png

GPUPI1B_38_487__38_743.png

You are trying to submit a 100M score made with a GPU to HWBOT. That's not a valid category, HWBOT only allows 1B and 32B for GPUs to be uploaded.
For CPU scores 100M and 1B is available on HWBOT.

As for the Intel OpenCL setup, I'm not working for Intel so any bugs you encounter would better fit here: https://forums.intel.com/s/topic/0TO0P000000MWkIWAW/opencl?language=en_US